“Bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dublin
Cleveland, Ohio
“Bed bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Found several bed bugs in the bed. I've stayed here many nights over the last few months, and never had any issues. It's nice for a Hampton Inn. They comped the room, but I won't be back! Very disconcerting!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Allison F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that you found bed bugs in your room. I have contacted pest control provider, and they did not find any further evidence. As a cautionary measure, we treated the room, as we always, do when there is potential activity. I always aim to ensure every guest feels taken care of, while staying with us. I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver . We hope to see you back with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the HI-Columbus/Dublin several times over the course of a long project a couple years ago and remember the property well. It's time to visit that project again, and for the first visit I made the mistake of choosing a nearby property from another flag within the Hilton Family.

For my second visit I returned to Hampton Inn, and was warmly greeted as soon as I walked through the door. As I checked in I received a hearty "Welcome Back", although it's been two and a half years since my last visit. After settling into my room, I returned to the front desk to ask an inane and out-of-left field question. Stephanie not only answered the question but offered to get the item I was asking about without any hesitation, and just embodied the sense of hospitality.

The room was imaculate and showed an above-average attention to detail on the part of the housekeeping and engineering staff. And the room was QUIET -- usually one of my biggest pet peeves of any hotel.

The property is an older Hampton Inn prototype but it has been recently updated and is clearly staffed by people who care about keeping it up.

I've already booked my stay at the Hampton Inn Columbus/Dublin for the next part of this project.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oakdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

reasonable prices, Close to resturants shopping malls. Very nice area easy to access from interstate 70 Bob Evans resturant within walking distance. Plenty of secure parking. It has a pool outside but it is a little small. Staff was always available. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Standard Hampton Inn of the older style with enclosed bathroom. Smaller than Hilliard Hampton. Updated. Pleasant staff. All else standard Hampton fare. Coffee out at 5am with half&half or CoffeeMate. Exercise room small, standard average-quality equipment but equipment was free almost every day at 5am during long stays. Close to Dublin restaurants

Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were visiting the area to do Christmas shopping. The hotel is very clean with updated furnishings. We only had two concerns. First, this hotel has full-sized beds. I read an article that said two adults sleeping on a full-size bed each have the space of a baby crib to sleep on. The room could easily have held two queen-size beds. Second, lighting in the parking lot was very sparse. Other than these two things, we had a great stay. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
XENIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This Hampton was very nice, clean and the staff very helpful. The complimentary breakfast had a lot of different options to choose from and was delicious. The room was clean and quiet. Some of the furniture looked as if it had been there a while but was clean and nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jhtuchins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We're glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. We really appreciate you choosing to stay with us while you were in Dublin. We hope that you come back and see us again soon!!
Lexington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for business last week and would definitely stay again. Hotel is clean and refreshed. I received the service and amenities I expect from a Hampton. Staff was friendly and attentive. My only complaint was slight interstate noise in the room when all was quiet. Not enough to keep me from sleeping though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jhtuchins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff. I do apologize about the interstate noise during your next stay we can try to place you in a room on the other side of the building. Just ask the front desk and they will do everything they can to accomodate you. Again, thank you for your compliments and time.

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin? Share your experiences!