“Birthday get away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cloverleaf Residence Suites

Cloverleaf Residence Suites
You added Cloverleaf Residence Suites to your Saves list
Cloverleaf Residence Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4130 Tuller Rd, Dublin, OH 43017 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel Dublin)   |
Special Offer
Call Direct - Best Rate!
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
Columbus, Ohio
“Birthday get away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Reserved room verbally because wanted info on reg suites compared to exec suites. Man was very friendly, helpful and professional. Also told me i could call as I wanted to bring some things early for bday surprise and they coudl help if my time was limited. Arrived, got to check in early to set up room so that was a plus. Room was very nice and bed was super comfortable. Updated TVs, sink etc nice bedding. Kitchen had lack of pans but we made it work. The reason they didnt get 5 star is my room was quoted at 143 with veteran discount or AAA 10% off, however no mention of room occupying fee of $14 and then tax of $10. They also offer free breakfast, however it didnt look inviting and free access to gym if your a workout person. Very nice grounds also

Room Tip: exec room had upgraded items
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

Staff was beyond friendly. Were super nice but hotel needs some of that love. I have pictures of my listed complaints but not sure how to post. Floor in kitchen bubbling and lifting all over. Front door so rusted at bottom had a hard time getting in our room every time. Bathroom shower rusty and mold on tile. Electric outlet cover hanging off exposing wires. Holes in plaster and wall chipping. Refrig shelves broken couldnt put in drinks. Cupboards were simply painted and bottom of each was water stained and musty. WIFI is awful and our remotes for tv didnt work. Parking lot dark with storage trailers parked in, feels unsafe at night.

Room Tip: 400 bldg back rooms walkway very dark, parking lot is dark. right near highway noise
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

This was the third time we stayed at this property. We have always appreciated the price value (ask for the AAA discount to save about $10 per night), the spaciousness of the rooms, the excellent customer service and the proximity to the activities we like in the Columbus area. No complaints about any of those things on this stay, but we couldn't help but notice that the property has taken on an air of neglect since our last stay. The parking lot is in horrible condition, the hotel van sits in the parking lot with scrapes, dings and rust showing, and the shower tile in our room (324) looked like it had been hastily patched and the grout was just left all over the tile. Also, the bar stools were very wobbly, I wouldn't want someone with poor balance to use them, for safety sake. The lighting/ventilation in the bathrooms is very poor, and the showerheads need to be replaced, as the only adjustment you could make on them was either "pelted by 3 streams" or "dribbling straight down". We'd like to see this hotel make some upgrades and improvements, but if they don't, we'll probably look for a nicer/newer place to stay on our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the front of the property are less likely to have road noise from the nearby interstate...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Connie B, General Manager at Cloverleaf Residence Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2015
Thank you for your review, and I am sorry that things seemed to be deteriorating. I would like you to know that we do have a plan in place. Currently we are working in the kitchens and replacing the counter tops with granite & updating the cabinetry, we are also adding granite to our bathroom vanity area. In the fall we are planning on tackling the the tub and bathroom area.

This past winter the salt & plows have been hard on our parking lot, hopefully we will be able to spot patch the larger areas soon, until we are able to have a company come in to do repairs and seal.

I hope that this gives you some insight on the future of our property and we do hope that you will give us another chance when you are in the area in the future.

Once again thank you for staying with us, and we do hope that you will try us again in the future.
Dulles, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

This used to be a pretty good place for the price. This time, I stayed in Room 402 and woke up full of red, itchy welts. Didn't see any bedbugs, so can't be sure, but the multiple bites came from something nasty.

The fireplace "logs" are pathetic so don't waste money getting a room with a fireplace.

Breakfast was ok, nothing very exciting, but ok.

Room Tip: Ask when the last time was that the room was deep-cleaned!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay in January, and I have talked to my Property Care Manager, about your issues and the level of cleanliness in your room, this is not the norm and I apologize for the disappointment I am not sure what could have left the bite you marks you described, and of course we do take all bug/spider/insect related issues very seriously,. We are an exterior entrance hotel and because of this we try to take extra care with these issues, since the opportunity for spiders and such things is greater we try to address all issues immediately.
I hope that you will give us another try when you visit the area, I feel confident that you won't be disappointed.
Once again thank you for staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

I travel all over the country for work and can honestly say that the level of service at the Cloverleaf far exceeds that of just about any other hotel I've stayed at. Connie (GM) was wonderful and beyond accommodating.

Our flight to Columbus on Thursday was cancelled very late and we had the room booked from Thursday through Monday. After a brief conversation Connie the GM told us that if she didn't sell out Thursday night that she would refund us for the night we were unable to stay because of the flight cancellation. An hour later, she had already notified Priceline of the refund. Needless to say this made a very panic-filled night that much less stressful.

When we arrived on Friday, we were given our rooms key and we headed up to the room. The rooms are spacious, and although it admittedly isn't the absolute nicest hotel I've ever stayed in, it was more than enough for us. However, the first room we entered had a slightly musty smell to it, and there is a chance that the person who stayed in it the night before did not abide by the no smoking policy that the entire hotel is under. We called down to see if changing rooms would be an option and after a brief discussion with my staff, we decided to just stick it out for the night (we were really hungry and wanted to just go to dinner). About 2 minutes after telling the GM that we would just stick it out, she called back and said she wasn't comfortable putting us in that room if there was a smell and personally walked us the keys to another suite.

Not only did she walk us the keys but she upgraded our suite to a larger one for free after personally checking on the new room to make sure it was up to her's and our standards. It was great!

In my line of work, traveling the country, I deal with people all of the time who have forgotten what true customer service actually is. Connie and the Cloverleaf get it, went above and beyond and I would highly recommend considering this hotel the next time you're in the Columbus/Dublin area.

We will most definitely stay again!

Thanks for everything!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind words, we hope to see you next year, if not sooner

Thanks,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

This hotel was booked for me by a family member, when we had to attend a family funeral in the area. While the location was ideal for us out-of-towners, the hotel itself (If I can call it a hotel?) is sorely in need of updating and a good cleaning. The front desk staff were pleasant, but it just didn't make a difference. I do realize that a hotel like this might be useful for someone needing a longer term residence, and not just one night in town. I found it extremely difficult to get up to the second floor alone with my bags, the steps are uneven and downright dangerous in the snow/cold weather. The inside was like a tiny apartment with kitchen, living area & bedroom separated by french doors, of sorts. The kitchen was extremely dated, the fluorescent lights were falling from the ceiling, appliances might have been updated in the 1980's, and I was afraid to use any glassware for a drink of water. No bottles of water either. The bathroom needs totally gutted. Lighting was hanging from the ceiling over the vanity/sink, which was unusually low (and I'm not that tall) and the lights in the shower room didn't come on for 10 minutes, unless you used that old-school red heat lamp to light your way. I noted that on the wall that shared the headboard, there were streaks of what looked like liquid all over the place. Very, very dirty. I couldn't wait to get out of there & take a clean shower. Had I had a choice, and in an effort to steer others towards a better place, stay in one of the many national chain hotels nearby. This place is plain old gross. Some of our group were placed on the side facing the highway, and were not able to sleep at all.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

A friend and I spent the weekend attending an event near here. We compared experiences with those staying at other nearby places and it seemed like Cloverleaf was a better option. The room we had was great for the price - full kitchen and sitting area, which is just what my friend and I needed. It is an older property, but it seemed to be very well maintained. The breakfast was good - lots of options, including hot foods. When we were checking out we mentioned that we needed to go dig our cars out (it had snowed 5" overnight). The gentleman doing the snow removal offered to help us and came to the back, shoveled out the areas between our cars and helped clean off the cars. The staff were all great and we had a good experience staying here. Next time I need to stay on the Northwest side of Columbus this will be my choice!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, and Joe, he shoveled out your car, is our Property Care Manager and I can't say enough about his dedication to outstanding customer service, as you experienced. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do keep us in mind for a quick family getaway, especiialy if you have would like to have a break, go to the zoo (we offer discounts on tickets to our guests) and of course once summer is here, it is night just to relax around the pool if you stay during the week Mon-Thursday we do have a social hour in the evening that is complimentary for our guests w/ appetizers & beverages. We look forward to your next visit.

Connie Bainum

Been to Cloverleaf Residence Suites? Share your experiences!