“The best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast

You added The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   42 W. Dave Longaberger Ave., Dresden, OH 43821   |
Special Rate
LOWEST RATE GUARANTEED
Ranked #1 of 4 Dresden B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Pines of Dresden is the Best B&B experience around the area. The Innkeepers, Alli & Marin, are top notch. They accommodate guests in every way possible, leaving guests with a great experience. Marin is an excellent cook as well! I have stayed there on and off over 2 years while doing work in the area. They really are like extended family. I would highly recommend that you book your next visit with them, you won't be disappointed!

Darin

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fort Branch, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here for work for a week due to work at a local power plant. On the last night of my stay I woke up with a bat flying around in my room. I promptly left and called the owners who were out of town to notify them. I asked them to have the caretaker to catch the bat to get it test for rabies since I was asleep when the bat. It was flying around and I could have gotten secreted on or bitten while asleep. They balked and didn't get the bat tested for a couple days when the bat was too deteriorated to be tested. This resulted in the health department saying the bat should be treated as rabid and for me to be vaccinated. I had to get four rounds of rabies shots due to the lack of action taken by the owners. They didn't offer to refund any money for my stay or pay for my medical bills to be vaccinated. Overall, my experience was dreadful. I had countless calls between the hospital and my personal insurance company due to them not acting and getting the bat tested. I would not recommend anyone to stay here since the owners were so negligent to proper procedures to take when a guest is put into harms way.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Allison B, Owner at The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
We are sorry to hear that this reviewer had an unpleasant experience during his stay at The Pines of Dresden. In six years of running our B&B and hundreds of online reviews, this is the very first, (and the only) negative guest comment we have encountered. We try to make all of our guests as comfortable as possible and take all of their concerns seriously, and we did so in this instance as well. Even in our absence, we promptly followed all procedures given to us by the authorities and were able to have the bat removed that same day and held for the health department to pick up for testing. The health department didn’t find it necessary to pick it up until the following week. The health department’s test results we received were negative for rabies. The decision to prematurely undergo treatment for rabies (without any evidence of being bitten) before the test came in was solely this individual’s. We are sorry that this incident tainted his experience at The Pines, especially since he seemed to be enjoying himself immensely, joining us and our friends for dinner and our garden party, and even booking a second week with us. And we, in turn, enjoyed his company as well. We believed that the 60% discount that we gave on his stay, along with refunding the charge for the second week booked was fair and met his satisfaction as he never asked us for more. We are always striving for improvement, and because of this incident have implemented stricter non-smoking policies. We now point out to smokers upon check-in, that opening the window at night to sneak a smoke has, on one occasion, resulted in a bat entering the room, so we strongly suggest that they use one of the many smoking areas provided outside. However we are grateful to this reviewer for bringing the need for clearer clarification of the acceptable smoking areas to our attention; and very grateful to him for introducing us to TripAdvisor! One only has to read all our other reviews to see that we are far from negligent to our guests’ needs, and in return have had many more bookings and happy guests!

Been to The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!