“High quality for price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1148 Hotel Drive, US 24 & ST RD 66 ON Junction, Defiance, OH 43512   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Defiance
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“High quality for price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night for work. The room was comfortable, clean, and updated. The staff was helpful and accommodating. Had a great night's sleep and a good breakfast. Great value and a very comfortable place to stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

He tried to get me off his back as quickly as possible. No priority club goodie bag. Kinda felt being nickle and dimed. No free upgrade for platinum member. I have stayed countless times and got used to automatic upgrade. It never happened to me before.

Otherwise, it is clean and comfy. Okay hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear thousand1000oaks,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We arrived very late, but check in was a breeze. The lady checking us in was efficient, and gave us the usual information about breakfast, wi-fi, etc. She then presented me with my Priority club "snack" of water and fritos. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the ac worked great without being too noisey. My only complaint, and this is true about most Holiday Inn Express' is the shower head. Sure, it looks impressive, but I've yet to find a location that actually provides the water pressure necessary to make these rain heads really rain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed on points so essentially got the hotel for free over memorial day night.
At first blush the room smelled like a dirty mop head...but that smell dissipated over the night.
And the east entrance sort of smelled strange, it could be that the wind was coming out of the east and I was smelling od de dumpster from the chicken wing joint...but the smell also was in the parking lot of the aisian buffet joint about 1/4 east so.....it could just be a smell local to defiance.

The smell was not there the next morning in the rain.
The bed was comfy, but my toes all hurt in the morning , not sure if the sheets were too tight or the MSG from the chinese food caused that.

The staff was friendly gave me a bag of chips for being a priority club member and breakfast consisted of the normal dried out scrambled eggs, paper thin bacon , no yogurt by 8 and a nifty little pancake maker..that squishes all the fluffy ness out of the pancake... they should just increase the liquid in the batter sqeeze it a bit more and go upscale and call em fat crepes or Express crepes.... the pancakes werent very good , they were hot though.

I stole two bananas .
Check out and check in went fine, would I stay again ? yes.

Room Tip: I double dog dare ya to join chase banks priority club visa program get 80,000 points for sign up, s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Barrington, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Convenient, quiet location but still close to everything. Check in was speedy and pleasant. Small problem with room was repaired quickly. Room was very clean. Generally a nice stay. My only desire would have been a softer bed. We both thought the mattress was a bit too hard. Breakfast offering was hot and cold items and, of course, the warm Cinnamon Rolls.

Room Tip: This motel is set back from the highway and is a good distance away from other buildings. There is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was a nice place with comfy beds and new tv's. Plenty of parking and nice breakfast. Fun sports bar wings place real close. Yes I will stay again when in historic Defiance. The staff was very nice too.

Room Tip: Away from the conference room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Found this to be a "4-C" hotel: clean, comfortable, convenient and cool. Sufficient updates to be in step with the times, along with the simple pluses like fridge and microwave that I appreciate. There was also a small, but suitable fitness center, featuring not only the standard treadmill but also weight equipment to do lat pulls, bicep curls, etc. Free breakfast buffet was decent - basic eggs, bacon, breads, pancake maker and yogurt, plus coffee and tea. Would have preferred more fresh fruit options than bananas, since I don't eat heavy stuff in the mornings. And herbal tea would have been nice.

As for staff, everyone was courteous and friendly. Checked in late at night. Lady at front desk was not in uniform and dressed as if she just finished painting somewhere, so my first thought was: If she is a reflection of the rooms, do I really want to stay here? I hope management will mandate professional attire at all times.

This hotel is among a cluster of "inns" on Hotel Drive. I've stayed also at the Hampton Inn among them, but think I like HIE better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance? Share your experiences!