I stayed on points so essentially got the hotel for free over memorial day night.
At first blush the room smelled like a dirty mop head...but that smell dissipated over the night.
And the east entrance sort of smelled strange, it could be that the wind was coming out of the east and I was smelling od de dumpster from the chicken wing joint...but the smell also was in the parking lot of the aisian buffet joint about 1/4 east so.....it could just be a smell local to defiance.
The smell was not there the next morning in the rain.
The bed was comfy, but my toes all hurt in the morning , not sure if the sheets were too tight or the MSG from the chinese food caused that.
The staff was friendly gave me a bag of chips for being a priority club member and breakfast consisted of the normal dried out scrambled eggs, paper thin bacon , no yogurt by 8 and a nifty little pancake maker..that squishes all the fluffy ness out of the pancake... they should just increase the liquid in the batter sqeeze it a bit more and go upscale and call em fat crepes or Express crepes.... the pancakes werent very good , they were hot though.
I stole two bananas .
Check out and check in went fine, would I stay again ? yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance is a 62 room, interior corridor hotel. Additionally, we offer 20 suites with 25 TV-HBO/ESPN. All rooms have free high-speed Internet access, a two line speaker phone with data port, refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and hair dryer. Our indoor pool with hot tub are open 8 am -10 pm and the exercise room is open 5 am-10 pm. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel also offers a conference room for small business meetings, as well as a business center. We offer free local phone calls as well as our famous, complimentary Express Start breakfast bar where you can sample our own world's best cinnamon roll between 6:00 am- 9:30 am . We are located close to many area attractions. Historic Sauder Village, Candycane Christmas Shop, Independence Dam just to name a few. General Motors, Johns Manville and Defiance Metal Products facilities are located nearby. The hotel is within 1 mile of many local restaurants, as well as Northtown Shopping Mall. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, our professional, friendly staff looks forward to the opportunity to make your overnight accommodations satisfying and enjoyable. We go out of our way to meet and exceed each of our guest's expectations of service. Just one visit at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Defiance and you will leave with an 'at home' feeling! We look forward to meeting you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Defiance
- Holiday Inn Defiance
- Defiance Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance Ohio