“Had the Best Time Ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Outdoor music entertainment center ala Tanglewood. Summer venue of the Cleveland Orchestra
NW Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Had the Best Time Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

This is the most beautiful venue I have ever been to! I took my boyfriend to see The Zac Brown Band on August 20. There's not a bad seat in the house and the sound was amazing. I will definitely go back there anytime!

There are quite a few restrictions as to what you can and cannot bring in- be sure to check ahead before you go. Also, the parking can be a bit tricky....I'd recommend the premium parking pass, which we did not have. Quite a little hike to the car but, hey, I lived through it. Prices for food and drink are typical of a concert or sports event, so be sure to bring plenty cash if you want to drink a few beers!

Next time, I'll probably try to get lawn seats & get there early- seemed like a really good time. Also, motorcycles get special parking so we may just take the Harley- I think it would be a beautiful ride!

Akron, Ohio
“Restrictions, restrictions, restrictions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Last night was my first night at Blossom. We get there and we had to park in Lot 3 which is literally about a mile away from the stage. So I had the chairs with me we got to the line where they check your bags and they said that I couldn't have the "camping" style chairs there because they were too big. So we walked ALL the way back to the car dropped off the chairs, walked ALL the way back.

Once we got in, we got our water that cost 5 dollars each and they took the caps to the water. We asked to have them, since we had lawn seats because people can knock over your drink. They said they don't allow caps on the drinks because of the lawn mowers. But once you sat down, there were a bunch of people with caps on their drinks. Whatever. If you're going to restrict it for one person, restrict it for all. We are grown ups, don't treat us like we are children and can't handle caps on our bottles.

They need a website to list their rules and regulations for those who have not been at that venue before. Jack Johnson was great, but the venue was terrible. And people that sit around you are very rude. They will lay their blankets on yours and take up your seating and they have no problem putting their feet on your blanket ... thats kind of gross. If you do go, I suggest pavilion seating, 20 bucks more expensive, but its worth it.

Oh and one last thing you can smell individuals smoking pot ... while there are kids sitting around them. So if you are against drugs, I wouldn't suggest you go then.

norton oh
“WILL NEVER WASTE MY MONEY AGAIN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I bought best available tickets moments after concert went on sale for July 8th. I got section 33 row J seats 15 and 16. After getting there we thought it was strange that all the seats in rows A through I were empty. Well ten minutes before the opening act it was announced that anyone with a lawn ticket could come down to the pavillion and fill in those seats. I paid good money to get the best available and people who bought cheap lawn seats got better seats than I did? Nope, I feel unappreciated and ripped off! As the saying goes " fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice, shame on me" Well don't worry you won't do it again!

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I was given the following advice by Cleveland destination expert "RockinRoller" in the forum which bears repeating--great advice!
"If you're concerned about ingress and egress, your best plan of action is to arrive early and leave early. With DMB, there will be a lot of parking lot partying so people will arrive as early as they're allowed to. The earlier you arrive, the closer in you can park - if you can park in one of the paved lots, you won't have a terrible time getting out even if you wait til the end of the concert. It's only if you arrive late and have to park out in the grass that it takes FOREVER to leave as those are the last people in and the last people out. The grass parking is held until the parking lots are cleared.

If you want to take advantage of arrive early/leave early, you will need to be ok with leaving when there are several songs left in the concert. For me, this is a fine trade off to avoid sitting in traffic but for some people, it's not. Call Blossom and ask them when they plan to open the parking lots that day for the concert, and then plan to arrive fairly early. They may not open them til, say, 5, and I would be there no later than 5:30. Once you're inside the gates and settled at your watching spot or seats, look for a security person with a radio. Not a concession person, but someone in security. Do not bother any of the ushers, or anyone without a radio, as they probably won't know the piece of information you need to know, which is what song is the last song on the setlist BEFORE encores. Sometimes, the list is not handed out until very late, so if you can't find anyone who knows, watch the ushers in the pavilion as the evening starts to get later (don't get so wasted that you forget this). The ushers are cut/dismissed en masse at the beginning of the last song (last song before encores). You will see them all walk out at once and start walking up the hill to get the hell out of there. THAT is the time to leave. You can still enjoy the music the whole way out to your car as you can hear it from quite far away, you just won't be there watching it. If you leave at this time and have parked in a paved lot I can almost guarantee you to get in your car and drive right out, no waiting.
Blossom is a great place to see a concert, you will enjoy it. "

Brunswick
“Great, as long as it doesn't rain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

With ohio weather, it is a gamble. I had to leave the Rod Stewart concert early because it was pouring! Also you may have to wait in line for hours after the show. We waited three hours to leave the Journey concert.