“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Wellington, Ohio
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went to the Sheraton for a PBS fundraiser. I must say that by looking at the web site for this hotel; it is not one I would have chosen on my own. The website does not do the facility justice! I was very impreseed with the facility, the cleanliness, and the staff. We had a riverfront view from our room. It was spectacular. We stayed for the buffet breakfast the next morning and the chef making the omelette was great! One of the very best omelette I have ever had and in record time. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a river view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Sudmom, thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. As the ice melts and the temperatures get warmer, the river rapids increase in speed and truly are a spectacular site. I am pleased you were able to enjoy this view as well so many other aspects of our property including our breakfast buffet. We look forward to serving you again whenever you are back Northeast!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I really like this hotel. I come to Akron about every 2 months. I stayed in December 2013 and now in February 2014. I gave them 2 stars because their wifi service has been down or not working these last 2 stays. If you are a working professional that needs to catch up on your work in the evening or rely on the internet to connect with your family, I would stay somewhere else. Wifi is the only option for internet.

• Stayed February 2014
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Traveler, we'd like to thank you for your loyalty to our property over the last few months. I personally have been working with our technical support team and we have recently taken measures to increase our wifi signal strength and reach. We have seen dramatic improvement with our wireless service since these changes have been made. Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, we do hope you allow us a future opportunity to serve you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was visiting a family member who attends Akron University and chose to stay at this hotel. I think that the location is great; right off the highway and very close to the school. I read many positive reviews of the property prior to selecting this particular hotel and was jot entirely let down. The property itself could use some updating. The rooms are spacious, but don't have as much of a modern and clean feeling I'd expect. This was especially true for the shower - I don't care for a dirty shower curtain in my room. The biggest issue I have is with young woman who checked us in. I had booked directly through the hotel and received no warmth or explanation upon checking in. She simply handed me my keys and said, "have a good night." No explanation of where the elevators, room or any amenities were located. Very disappointing. I probably would not recommend this to others unless this was corrected.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Miss Maui, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I am disappointed to read about your check-in experience as this is not how we expect our team members to receive our guests. I have spoken with my Front Office Manager in regards to the proper check-in procedure and she was equally disappointed in how our team welcomed you to our property. I have also followed up with our Executive Housekeeper in regards to our shower curtain change out procedure. MissMaui, although we cannot change your previous experience, I truly hope you offer us a future opportunity to serve and welcome you the next time your travels bring you back to the Akron/Cuyahoga Falls area.
Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Good, clean, and comfortable hotel. I think it was around 20 minutes from the Airport and 5-10 minutes from University of Akron. The Hotel has an amazing restaurant with decent food. Higher floors face the highway (not a nice view). The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. My only problem with the hotel was the train that kept on waking up for the first couple of days.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Harmanani, thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls recently. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our new restaurant and friendly staff. We are in the process of working with the federal government in regards to the trains that run behind our property as the current law in our area states that it must sound it's whistle at every road crossing. We do have a walk out jetty in which you are able to see an undisturbed view of the river rapids below our hotel and invite you to enjoy the view the next time your travels bring you to our area!
ROME,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Great Hotel in Akron. Staff are wonderful and the rooms are something you enjoy living in.
Very nice bar and restaurant with a great and different wine selection.Bar personnel are friendly and talkative.Yet to check out he pool and hot tub but will do on return visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
stokeswest, thank you for sharing such kind words about the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls! I am delighted that you enjoyed our staff, rooms and new restaurant and bar. I look forward to welcoming you back on you future visits and hope you are able to enjoy many of our other amenities.
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a great stay here. The hotel was full but you would have never known. The staff never missed a beat and always had a smile on their face. We ate at the Restaurant for breakfast and it was great! Wish we could have done it again. The chef serving breakfast was a riot - he was very personable. My daughter swam in the pool - awesome, room service - awesome, cleanliness - amazing. The beds and pilows are amazing and the room very comfortable and spacious. We would definitely go back if we have to.

We had one issue with a front desk gentleman - but I have no doubt this will be addressed and is a one of situation. Everyone else knocked our socks off!

Room Tip: Although the falls are beautiful to look at from your room - the train can be very loud and interrup...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kathyn, I am thrilled to read that you and your family were able to enjoy so many of our amenities such as our breakfast, room service and pool. I am also pleased to read that our staff was able to leave such a positive impression on you. I do hope that we have a future opportunity to serve you and welcome you back as part of our family!
Winesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I ran a 5k in Stow on New Years Eve and my husband and I decided to make an evening of it and found the hotel offered a New Years Eve package. The hotel was beautiful and we had a great room. The package included the room, dancing, appetizers, a midnight toast and brunch the next morning for a really good rate. The staff was friendly. We had a really great time and look forward to doing it again next year!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea, thank you so much for joining us to ring in the New Year! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our NYE packages and all of the festivities. We had a wonderful response to the event and hope to offer similar packages next year!

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!