“Train noise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
cincinnati, OH
“Train noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel was beautiful. Stayed for a wedding. While the facility is beautiful the trains passing thru town at night woke us up many times each night. Seems like they should be able to have different glass in the windows or something that would help to block those nightly train whistles. Beautiful place but certainly not a good nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2013
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Alaskadreamer, thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls during the recent wedding celebration. I appreciate the candor of your review as we take all of our guest comments into consideration when improving our hotel. We are working with the federal government to make the area around our property a quiet zone. Unfortunately, this process can take time. We do have rooms on the city side of our hotel that are not as affected by the train as the river view. I am pleased that you enjoyed our Cuyahoga River facing rooms and hope that you offer us a future opportunity to serve you the next time you are in Northeast Ohio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is very nice and comfortable with the rooms. Yes, the train running at night is a great distraction and fortunately we were on the opposite side of the hotel, but still heard the horn signal throughout the night. Since I can't control that, I still was able to rest comfortably and the room is comfortable with very comfortable beds. The one issue with the room itself was, I was a little disappointed with the water pressure in the shower. It was less than what I am used to, however, it was ok. The service from the staff was GREAT! I was there for a conference / convention and there was NO delay in checking in with close to 300 people staying in this hotel. The evening of check in, I asked for a late checkout on departure date and was asked to check back, but "should be ok". I checked back and was told "sure, not a concern" which was a huge help! The business center was well designed and the falls outside were nice from the balcony overlooking the falls below! Overall a good stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the falls for a "less" noise room due to train sign...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Jeff,
Thank you for sharing your visit on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that we were able to assist you with a speedy check in and a late check out for your stay and that you enjoyed our natural views. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Suites during your conference, we look forward to serving you in the future when your travels bring you back up to Northeast Ohio!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel several times over the years incuding a fraternity formal, wedding and just for the heck of it. Also went to brunch there several times. Location on the falls is second to none in the area for food and view. I remember there being cool 2 story suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill, thank you so much for your loyalty to the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I am delighted to read that you have been able to enjoy our property during so many special occasions. Thank you for sharing your experiences here on Tripadvisor, we look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future!
Washington Township MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel and restaurant are very nice. I have stayed there numerous times on business trips. It is an impressive facility. The restaurant in the hotel is in the center of the facility. The food is very good. The view from from rooms facing the river is scenic. It is conveniently located near expressway. Rooms are always clean and the hotel is well maintained by the staff. The staff is friendly and professional. The hotel is near train tracks and there are trains that run 24 hours a day. If you have difficulty sleeping you need to keep that in mind.

Room Tip: Reserve rooms with river view if possible. They are more scenic and trains aren't as noisy as th...
Scott,
Thank you so much for your many kind comments about our property! We very much appreciate your loyalty to the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls and we look forward to future opportunities to serve you.
Congleton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you like a good solid night sleep give this hotel a miss. I stayed here Sept/Oct 2013 for five nights despite reservations about the trains, how I wish I had taken heed of the warnings. Trains run frequently throughout the night and insist on blasting their ridiculously loud air horns to warn traffic at the nearby crossing of their imminent arrival, despite the fact the crossing is well lit and controlled.

I am deaf in one ear, a sound sleeper and even I couldn't get more than two hours sleep at a time. Seriously, I got more hours sleep on my flight back to the UK than I managed in five nights here.

The hotel itself is okay if a little overpriced, the suite was fine with a view of the falls (and the freeway, and the railroad if you look for it).

If you are here as newly weds or for a meeting with the secretary I dare say the lack of sleep won't concern you. As a businessman here for some heavy duty training the lack of sleep was a real problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Peter, Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls on your recent visit to the area. We are currently working with local, state and federal agencies to create a quiet zone at that intersection, which will prevent the train from sounding its horn in our area. Unfortunately, this process can take several years to complete. Until that time, please accept my sincere apologies for any disturbance the noise may have caused you. I hope that on your next visit to our area you choose to stay with us again. Please just let us know that you would like to reserve a room in a quieter area of the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and for your valuable feedback.
santa cruz california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites for 2 nights in September for my nieces wedding. I reviewed the tripadvisor site prior to my visit and requested a quite room with a river view. I was VERY impressed and pleased to be called at home 2 days before my trip to assure me I would get a room that would meet my expectations. The staff in all respects exceeded my expectations and booked me an excellent room on the first floor way from the elevator. (No balcony, as I did not need a suite). I slept soundly after a long cross county trip and enjoyed a wonderful bath in the large spa type bathtubs. The room was well designed, spacious and the beds comfortable. I also had a nice lunch at the restaurant and enjoyed the calamari. I enjoyed visiting and talking with the owners of a several antique stores which are walking distance from the hotel. I know my brother and his wife were very happy with the way the Sheraton took care of him and the wedding party on the night of his daughters wedding.

Room Tip: First floor river view ,in the middle away, from elevator. You will see the falls and avoid seeing t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Utahlover, Thank you for the positive feedback! I was happy to read that you enjoyed all of the aspects of your stay (I love the calamari too!). Please visit us again if you find your travels bringing you back to the Northeast Ohio area. Thank you again!
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

When glancing out the window of your suite at the Sheraton Cuyahoga Falls You almost get the feeling that you're in a country resort (IF you're on the Falls side of the hotel. The first floor suites on the fall side had furnished patios with matching umbrellas so they could sit out and enjoy the view. We were located on the street side and it was a little noisy due to three wedding receptions in the building during our stay. That being said, the Club lounge had the coolest setting with an outdoor patio overlooking the falls. We loved that touch! The pool and hot tub area had a patio over looking the falls as well. The restaurant and bar areas had floor to ceiling glass views of the falls (so they were very much the centerpiece of this facility). The bar was excellent with great entertainment and the servers in the restaurant were terrific.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite on the fall side of the hotel. The lobby/street side can be very noisy, especia...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey L, Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Chris, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our scenic views, Club Lounge and restaurant. We appreciate that you took the time to share your visit on Tripadvisor and look forward to welcoming you back in the future with a Cuyahoga River facing room!

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!