“Mostly great staff in this my home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Montrose West Avenue, Copley, OH 44321 (Formerly Stay Place Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Copley
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Mostly great staff in this my home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Business traveler and I have been staying at this location for over 6 months when I am in the area 4 days a week. I am permanently checked into this facility. While housekeeping needs a swift kick in the rear (they run from excellent to dismal) I have had no issues of major note given they all know me and they don't skimp on my room. I am aware others have had issues (including colleagues of mine) but all in all I find it a great home away from home.
OWNER/MMANAGER... if you see this... Fire your housekeeping staff and start over. The facility is great it’s just too bad the housekeeping staff is so phenomenally lazy!

Room Tip: 2nd floor AWAY from the gatehouse (it is quieter as families tend to hang close to the pool and gate...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

The Penthouse Suite was quite simply filthy and disrepaired. There was moldy ice in the freezer, no hot water for showers in the morning, and while attempting to clean the already dirty room, I happen to overcome a big, nasty finger nail clipping that made me want to throw up. Every step I took on the stairs, I felt like a going to fall threw. As I checked into the hotel, I saw signs of a run down hotel with two dead trees in the lobby. Booking my room I had hoped that this hotel would be suitable for my family and me since we have stayed there since it was a Residence Inn. This hotel has a lot of potential but until they upgrade it, it will not be on my list of places to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Clarendon Hills, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I booked the large 2 story suite for my family of 5 for the Thanksgiving weekend online several weeks before. When we arrived around 10:00 p.m. to check in on Thanksgiving eve I was told they had no reservation in my name. When I presented them with my printed confirmation they said that was the 2nd time that evening that a reservation made online was not in their system. After a 5 minute wait I was told they had my room available. However, when we got to the room and opened the door what we saw was a room that looked like it was trashed by a drunken rock band. The floor was covered in trash. The toaster was in the kitchen sink. The refrigerator and stove were away from the wall in the middle of the kitchen. Ther were no sheets on the bed. And there was bags of garbage in the room. I went back to the front desk to tell them what we found. We were told they did not have another similar room. They offered us 2 studio rooms for the same price but this meant splitting up my family. Given that it was late at night and we were in no mood to strart looking for alternative accomodations we agreed to take the 2 rooms. I asked if we could move into the room we originally booked the next day. I was told they weren't sure because they didn't think the cleaning crew would be in on the holiday.We now had to repack our car and drive to the other side of the property to our new rooms. When we got into one of the new rooms things still were not right. There were no bed linens for the pull out sofa. There was no toilet paper and we did not have enough towels. The TV got lousy reception. They also had free wireless internet access. However, they provide a piece of paper with the login and password that was unreadable. Overall, the property was run down, poorly run and one of the worst places I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been staying in this long term motel for over 2 yrs. There are other choices within 1 block but this place has become a great 2nd home for me. In fact there are a number of people who have stayed here for very long periods. This motel includes all the amenities for a long term stay-laundry facilities and a small work out room (treadmill and exercise bike that have always worked for me). The staff makes a difference here-they are personable and do a good job of maintaining the property. A hot breakfast is served daily, newspapers available daily and there are cookouts,etc a couple times/wk. The ownership has changed once since I've been here and while I was concerned about that at the time it seems fine now. The mgr sets the tone and although there have been 3 in my time here-they are all friendly professionals. I have to pay my own travel expenses and find this to be an outstanding value. I always get the sm suite since its just me-but its the size is more than adequate with full kitchen facilities etc. It is an old Residence Inn but its kept clean with good supplies of towels, etc. It's very quiet (unless someone is loud on the floor above) and I sleep better here than I do at home.

Room Tip: 2nd floor doesn't have anyone above you and will be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Alamogordo, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 30 days, then returned to the area only to stay in another hotel down the street, I've compared the two hotels and must say "Stay Place" is by "far better", especially for a family just moving to the area. It's clean, the kitchen's are clean and very well equipped for preparing meals as we needed to do for a 30 day stay, they even have a dishwasher. Now this isn't a ritz carlton, I'd probably compare it to a boutique hotel but for long term. Pet friendly too, and the staff is actually very very friendly and will do what they can to help in any way. We have to go back to the area again for 10 days and have booked the Stay Place again so we don't have the expense and unhealthiness of eating out. Also the beds are comfy and rooms have good storage space.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks for work and was quite let down with the overall experience. First the outside grounds were badly need of fixing up. The building next to the one I was in stairway to the upstairs was one accidental push from falling down. This issue was not addressed the whole time I was down there. The pool area is very very small, not too inviting to hang out there. The room was dated, even though it had a kitchen the appliances were quite old. The ice maker in the freezer "did not work" I addressed this with the front desk. The tv was a old tube style that I couldn't hook my DVD player up to it. The wifi doesnt work outside of the lobby. They do have a lan hook up in the room but your confined to using it at the desk. My room had a funny smell to it until I ran the AC on high for a few hours. The staff that I dealt with was friendly. The Mexican restaurant across the street was the high point of my stay. Great food, staff, and affordable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was an excellent place for 2 person to stay and share the 2 bedroom/2 bath loft unit. It was well stocked with items both in the bath and the kitchen.
we stayed for 90 days. Staffs are very very helpful and friendly.
It was perfect for getting around in the Akron and Cleveland area. If returning to this area it is the only place we would stay. There were plenty of nearby restaurants to walk to and shopping was […] only a short drive away

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn? Share your experiences!