“Stay Away Suites” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Montrose West Avenue, Copley, OH 44321 (Formerly Stay Place Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Copley
Charleston, South Carolina
“Stay Away Suites”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The name should ideally have been Stay Away Suites. Stay Away from this place. Not worth the money. Internet crawls. Breakfast is horrible.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fairlawn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Due to a gas leak at our home this past weekend, we had to get a hotel room. After locating a room for $55.00 per night, we chose to stay here. The other hotel was not worth the $55.00 per night to stay. Although the hotel was busy, the staff took great care of us. The room/suite was clean. The staff very friendly, helpful & curteous. Due to our experience with this hotel, we will be staying here & with this chain when we go out of town. As a frequent business travelor, I look for Hotels that meet all of my business & personal needs. This hotel did it for us last weekend. You may pay a little more, but you get the best service here.Thanks Staff. See ya soon.

Bishop L. N. Smith

Room Tip: I know with the economy being as it is, we look for the best price. Forget searching. Pay a little m...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Staff was definitely friendly and helpful and the location is perfect, however, the hotel is in need of a MAJOR overhaul. Exterior is in desperate need of paint and facelift. The room was filthy, the sheets were stained, the shower did not drain correctly, the wallpaper was held up with masking tape in places and the toilet required several flushes to clear it! Never again!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Nice clean room with comfortable stay . front desk was very helpful and room was specious and clean .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

So our decision to stay here was based on the #2 ranking for the Akron, oh area. The staff was friendly and helpful,but was not near as nice as pics or reviews. This place needs a major remodel in and out. There was an actual oven which was nice, but is definitely not #2 nice. I would've stayed somewhere else. Oh yeah, breakfast was awful. But staff was nice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This place is AWESOME!!! Staff very kind, helpful, thoughtful, considerate, in a word..wonderful. You can't ask for better, and I have traveled a bit, tho usually as pleasure. The first time I came here I was amazed when I saw the room..queen sized bed, sleeper sofa, full kitchen with a "starter pack" of teas, coffees, cocoa, things like that, and then there was a fireplace with logs to burn if I desired! Free FULL breakfast daily, with some nights with nice dinners..also for free. Free internet, free shopping if I wanted it!!! Ok it is in winter,and the pool is frozen so my girls can't go swimming, but who needed that? oh yes...even my dog is welcome here!!! THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY AT!!

by the way...they even allow people to LIVE here..and that is one sweet deal...even sweeter than staying on a temporary basis. Will I be back???? most definitely!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

The day after moving to Canton, Ohio, there was a terrible ice storm and I lost power. I had to find a place for me, my pug and cat to stay for a night. The two decently rated places in Canton that allowed pets were already booked solid.

This hotel was only a 30 minute drive from me. It is not a fancy place but was spotlessly clean, and the attention to detail was great...tissues, glassware (not plastic), well lit, and everything in the room worked. The night I was there, they served dinner (burgers, ribs, salad, baked beans, chips) and the next morning was a full breakfast (eggs, potatoes, sausage, oatmeal, waffles, coffee, fruit cup, yogurt, granola, etc). There is a "pet walk" area that they put me near. The bed was comfortable and I got a good nights sleep. The staff was very friendly and professional. There is a pet fee (which I expected) but this hotel was a godsend on a horrible day for me.

I was so impressed with the Inn Place at Akron. I would take it over fancy any day!

• Stayed February 2011

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn? Share your experiences!