“Good room, shady neighbours” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Akron North

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Akron North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Akron North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   99 Rothrock Road, Copley, OH 44321 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Copley
Toronto, Canada
“Good room, shady neighbours”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed in a room on the second floor a month back with my boyfriend. Our general impression was that it was a decent sized room with what you expected for the price but we felt very nervous about the shady characters who were staying in the motel on the first floor. There were people hanging outside of the motel rooms with doors opened and always eyeballing us as we walked by - which made us feel very insecure about our belongings and car. The security latch on the door was also broken, like the door had been forced open.

Although the staff seemed friendly enough and the room was clean, I would not stay here again and risk my safety (and we have not since booked a Motel 6).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We got reservations here and were skepticle as soon as we walked into the "cheap" looking lobby. This hotel was unfortunatly given the benefit of the doubt as we went to check the rooms. Upon walking in the first thing to notice was the horrible smell. The floor was dirty the beds looked and smelt terrible. Even looking at the walls was disgusting. I was truely shocked. The front desk told us to come back if we didn't like the rooms almost as if he expected that we would not. Sadly, I actually wonder when the last time they cleaned the room(not just making the bed) was.. now I'm 18 and far from a high maintanance kid and the first thing I wanted to do was get out of there. The perks are free local calls(not sure why you'd need unlimited local calls being a travelor) as well as a pot of coffee in the lobby (woo hoo!). like I said I don't need much to be pleased but id prefer a somewhat clean environment where I wouldn't have to cover my mouth while I try to breath at night. Needless to say, we did not stay here and it was not just a "rougue" room as we got two and both were disgusting.. I'm writing this review from a hampton inn 15 mins away. I would highly recommend the hampton. Not the hotel 6. Some say you get what you pay for but here you don't even get that for the cheap price of the room. To any travelors, I'm telling you from my experience.. just go somewhere else don't waste your time

• Stayed August 2012
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the years. It used to be my favorite place in town, then it went downhill fast. It has newer management, and they seem to be fixed it up as they go. My room was worn and needed renovation. I figure with the type of people who live in a Motel 6 (and there seemed to be a few here this time) it gets worn out fast.

The management needs to soeed up their renovations and switch to the new style Motel 6 layout (Euro-chic), much better than the ""leave the light on ' bedspreads.

Will I stay here again. Probably, but if the price is right, I'd switch over to the reflagged Baymont. The breakfast alone is worth the price difference. If I had the points, I'd stay in the Doubletree and get a whirlpool bath. But i usually do Akron on the cheap, so M6 is a definate maybe. For one more time.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have less traffic.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Fairlawn, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Because of the Lebron James COnvention in town, I had to use this hotel for our guests. Stay away at all costs! First off, they screwed up the reservations and blamed me for it. Secondly, When my guests went in their rooms, they were gross and uncleaned and completely uninhabital. ( Toilet dirty, Bathtub dirty) Room had not been cleaned. My other guests when they went to check in were told they would have to wait because the front desk person was at lunch! So they had to wait in the lobby until the clerk got back. Another guest needed more washclothes, and were told they couldnt have them because they were in the washer. A man at 3 am was knocking outside the hotel rooms yelling for a Brian, and the Front desk had the nerve to call and wake my guests to see if the man was knocking on thier doors as well.

Room Tip: ANY Other hotel but this one! Stay away!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel while we were away and needed to stay an extra day in town. The desk clerk negotiated a two day rate for us so we stayed here as opposed to another hotel in the vicinity. Being an unexpected stay we were trying to save a few bucks.
The outside is deceiving, it looks okay but the room was musty and very minimal. They put us on the backside of the hotel next to a strip mall Toys R Us which was fine but scarey at night. We had a neighboring room that the guy was out in the parking lot until after midnight and up again before 7 am. The first night he was working on his vehicle so I thought maybe they were stalled on their trip but the second morning he was in the parking lot working on a lawnmower. The management didn't seem to care when I inquired. The overall experience was it didn't feel safe at night due to the lack of management in handling concerns. The rooms was "yucky" but you get what you pay for. It was a place to rest our head at night. Would I stay there again ?? Only for the price but nothing else would attract me here. I should have paid the few extra dollars and stayed across the street.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our cross-country trip. We picked it because we have a dog and the price was right. The reviews I read are not quite accurate. The only good thing about this place is the location to nearby shops and restaurants.

The blankets are threadbare and look like they have never been washed, and the sheets were stained. We got our sleeping bag and pillows out and slept with them on top of the bed instead. The room was tiny and the floors were not clean either. The furniture had holes in it and there were cigarette burns in the blankets. I would never recommend this place, cheap or not.

• Stayed April 2012
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed at this motel last year and had just an "okay" experience. Traveling through the area again, it was still the most affordable option available, so I thought I'd roll the dice and give this property another shot... and I'm glad I did! The check in staff was still as friendly as ever and the room had a fresh coat of paint and new linens. The bathroom door had no problems (though we were staying in a different room). The free wi-fi and coffee in the morning were both working as scheduled. After this experience, I have no problem returning to this property again in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Akron North? Share your experiences!