“Been here many times” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Akron

You added Motel 6 Akron to your Saves list
Motel 6 Akron
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   99 Rothrock Road, Copley, OH 44321 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Copley
Kettering, Ohio
“Been here many times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the years. It used to be my favorite place in town, then it went downhill fast. It has newer management, and they seem to be fixed it up as they go. My room was worn and needed renovation. I figure with the type of people who live in a Motel 6 (and there seemed to be a few here this time) it gets worn out fast.

The management needs to soeed up their renovations and switch to the new style Motel 6 layout (Euro-chic), much better than the ""leave the light on ' bedspreads.

Will I stay here again. Probably, but if the price is right, I'd switch over to the reflagged Baymont. The breakfast alone is worth the price difference. If I had the points, I'd stay in the Doubletree and get a whirlpool bath. But i usually do Akron on the cheap, so M6 is a definate maybe. For one more time.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have less traffic.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fairlawn, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Because of the Lebron James COnvention in town, I had to use this hotel for our guests. Stay away at all costs! First off, they screwed up the reservations and blamed me for it. Secondly, When my guests went in their rooms, they were gross and uncleaned and completely uninhabital. ( Toilet dirty, Bathtub dirty) Room had not been cleaned. My other guests when they went to check in were told they would have to wait because the front desk person was at lunch! So they had to wait in the lobby until the clerk got back. Another guest needed more washclothes, and were told they couldnt have them because they were in the washer. A man at 3 am was knocking outside the hotel rooms yelling for a Brian, and the Front desk had the nerve to call and wake my guests to see if the man was knocking on thier doors as well.

Room Tip: ANY Other hotel but this one! Stay away!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel while we were away and needed to stay an extra day in town. The desk clerk negotiated a two day rate for us so we stayed here as opposed to another hotel in the vicinity. Being an unexpected stay we were trying to save a few bucks.
The outside is deceiving, it looks okay but the room was musty and very minimal. They put us on the backside of the hotel next to a strip mall Toys R Us which was fine but scarey at night. We had a neighboring room that the guy was out in the parking lot until after midnight and up again before 7 am. The first night he was working on his vehicle so I thought maybe they were stalled on their trip but the second morning he was in the parking lot working on a lawnmower. The management didn't seem to care when I inquired. The overall experience was it didn't feel safe at night due to the lack of management in handling concerns. The rooms was "yucky" but you get what you pay for. It was a place to rest our head at night. Would I stay there again ?? Only for the price but nothing else would attract me here. I should have paid the few extra dollars and stayed across the street.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our cross-country trip. We picked it because we have a dog and the price was right. The reviews I read are not quite accurate. The only good thing about this place is the location to nearby shops and restaurants.

The blankets are threadbare and look like they have never been washed, and the sheets were stained. We got our sleeping bag and pillows out and slept with them on top of the bed instead. The room was tiny and the floors were not clean either. The furniture had holes in it and there were cigarette burns in the blankets. I would never recommend this place, cheap or not.

• Stayed April 2012
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed at this motel last year and had just an "okay" experience. Traveling through the area again, it was still the most affordable option available, so I thought I'd roll the dice and give this property another shot... and I'm glad I did! The check in staff was still as friendly as ever and the room had a fresh coat of paint and new linens. The bathroom door had no problems (though we were staying in a different room). The free wi-fi and coffee in the morning were both working as scheduled. After this experience, I have no problem returning to this property again in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Afton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Awesome , you know I've stayed a lot of motel 6's , this place is very clean , very comfy beds. the best out of the chain I have ever stayed . i travel with my dog. another reason to pick this chain no pet fee . and no the room did not have any wierd odors but i always get non smoker room , thank god i stopped that nasty habit ..LOL well room #112 good to go you"ll love it I promise!!!

Room Tip: #112 awesome stay, stayed for a few weeks reomedling a wal mart in the area!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Stow, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I had a meeting in the area so I decided to "no frills" it and stay with Motel 6. I booked the stay through click6.com, which is always the best way to get the absolute lowest price for this chain. The check in staff was friendly and efficient and the accommodations seemed clean.

The room was clean but had a mild odor to it... although I forgot about it after a few minutes. The major detractor here was the bathroom. It was clean as well, but the door appeared to have been severely damaged by a previous guest. It did not lock, or even stay closed for that matter, and had large gaps at the top and bottom. The exhaust fan also audibly resembled a small aircraft. Finally, I was surprised to find that there was no shampoo, but I think that is more of a product of the Motel 6 chain in general.

Once I got out of the bathroom, however, the rest of the stay was uneventful, and the free Wi-Fi made for a nice distraction. The wake up call arrived on time, and there was hot coffee waiting in the lobby (a Motel 6 staple). With several other properties in the area, it may not be my first choice the next time through, but it served it's purpose for the night.

Room Tip: Don't Stay In Room 154.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Quality Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Copley Akron
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Fairlawn
BEST WESTERN PLUS West Akron Inn & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Akron? Share your experiences!