“Close to I-77 and shopping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge - Akron

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge - Akron to your Saves list
Econo Lodge - Akron
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   79 Rothrock Loop, I-77 & Route 18, Exit 137A, Copley, OH 44321   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Copley
Alexandria, Virginia
“Close to I-77 and shopping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This place was unexpectedly run down, but was still comfortable and clean. The room had a full-size ironing board/iron, free wifi, and the window actually opened. The hotel was very close to I-77 and a plethora of great shopping. Overall it was a pleasant place to stay for one night, but I would probably look elsewhere before booking again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Davenport, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This facility is pretty run down, compared to other Econo Lodges I have stayed. The continental breakfast is the standard you expect in all Econo Lodges. The beds were pretty comfortable, or perhaps I was just too tired to care.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
harry P, Manager at Econo Lodge - Akron, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your review. We have thaken up this matter with the concerned people and can assure you you will write a excellent remark after your next visit.

Looking forward to welcome you again at Econolodge - Akron.

Regards
Harry Patel
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

i usually do not write reviews however i did not like seeing that many people complained about little things in the hotel, i wanted to make sure everyone knows about an amazing experience i had.

This hotel is not hilton garden inn, however it is the best service i have recieved so far. i travel often for work, and usually the staff at hotels seem not to care for you, they want to check you in and thats is where their service ends. the staff at econolodge, however, made sure our stay was comfortable. the staff picked up our phonecalls immidatly, and if we requested any thing extra they quickly brought it to our room.

the hotel is also very cheap to stay, pet friendly ofcourse. there is a huge parking lot and grassed area where you can walk you dog. the also have great breakfast in the morning that you can pick up and be on your way. i usually travle for days and have to do my launtry on the road, this hotel has washer and dryer in the facility and i took full advantage of that.

you are going to get what you pay for, and if you are so picky please by any means spend money and go stay at hilton inn. but if you are looking for something cheap, great service and great breakfast you should definetly consider staying at this hotel. i felt like home here and so will you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Have mold growing in toilet carpet dirty lights don't always work housekeepers cannot speak English worst place I've ever stayed would not recommend it to my best dog happy returns of room what mold threw us out because of mold in the bathroom would not give our weekly rate back to us we are now staying at Baymont best place I've ever stayed so far

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

Harry Patel
Econolodge - Copley
330 666 8887
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

This place is too gross for words. I'm not a high maintenance person by any means, and I couldn't handle this. I had to though since my husband was sleeping away. You can feel every spring in the bed so my back kills and I was awake most of the night, there's pubic and head hair in our towels and blankets, our room stinks like who knows what, the toilet paper roll was empty, the tiny bit of water that comes out in the bathroom sprays all over the place, we were greeted with a used condom at the front if the hotel, there is mold in the mattress, and breakfast is very small with only a couple options and 2 tables. Please spare yourself and sleep outside under the stars if you must. Or paying 20 extra for any of the many hotels around here would be worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

booked a room here as it was all that was left during the Bridgestone golf, place was a dump, stinky dirty and disgusting , they should be ashamed to even have it on their webpages- comfort Inn- i sent them a message also. front staff never left the chair and were quite grumpy!!! never again will i ever use an econolodge!!!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Evanston, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel should be closed. The carpet in the hallways as well as in the rooms are loose. The room smelled like old mold. The bathroom sink kept stopping up and the shower curtain rod had rust where the screws go into the wall. The refrigerator did not get cold. The furniture was very old and the finish was coming off the furniture. The staff was polite, but the hotel is in need of a complete overhaul. I will never stay at another Econo Lodge anywhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Best Regards

Been to Econo Lodge - Akron? Share your experiences!