“Very comfortable stay and great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Copley
GreenLeadersGold level
Ann Arbor, MI
“Very comfortable stay and great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I brought my family of five to this hotel for three nights last week. We usually stay inside the areas of Millersburg and Berlin when we visit Amish Country, however, we also wanted to visit a couple of amish towns inside the Pennsylvania border, so this location was perfect for us.
I was greeted and checked in by a very friendly and efficient man named Kelly. I can't enough nice things about him... just over the top, helpful.
The room was very nice! Great beds! We also had a nice, small sleeper sofa in the room. (good for 1 adult or two small children)Roomy, nice decor and very clean. Large bathroom. The interior of the hotel, itself, is very tastefully decorated, looks brand new. Breakfast is buffet style for around $9/person at the hotel restaurant
As far as the cons... none of which would stop me from staying here again, by the way. We had asked for a room near an exit, so we were assigned a room in the back. Our card key only worked on the first night. This is the outside door that lets us inside the building, so my husband had to run to the next entrance door and go thru to open the door for us. We alerted a hotel staff nearby and he said he'd address the problem. It never did work for us. It worked for our room, but this particular outside door didn't recognize our card. I know they have recently gone thru renovations, and it may still be on-going, but the outside stairs to the building needs to be repainted. The pool was just ok. Water was clear but very green looking. Fresh paint on the walls looked good, lots of laundered towels neatly stacked on the shelf. The kids used the pool and had fun. We enjoyed the hot tub. The floor in the pool area is yellow with black swirls or something... I had to look close to see whether this was a cleanliness problem or a design in the tile. (It IS clean, but it makes you look twice before figuring that out.)

Overall, I thought the room was real nice, comfortable, clean and would describe the hotel interior as elegant.

Room Tip: It was nice and quiet in the back. (The entrance in the back has stairs, so if you have a disability...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sussex County, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our visit to the Radisson Akron/Fairlawn was only a stopover on two different nights in the same week.. Early December is hardly a major tourist period, and we were nearly the only people in the hotel other than staff. The exercise room was being remodeled, so that was out of commission on the first nigt and technically the restaurant was closed as well This stay could have been a miserable experience given the unexpected problems. But the amazing staff made us feel like visiting royalty. They let us choose the room we wanted, then found someone to cook dinner and breakfast for us and promised that the gym would be ready upon our return. Sure enough, three nights later we walked in to be greeted by the manager who pointed out that the gym was ready and we had the same room we'd picked the first time with direct access to a patio, the gym, and the indoor pool. Under normal circumstances this would be a generally pleasant, mid-range hotel with a limited restaurant menu and rate probably three stars. But the staff makes this a four-star place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is an old hotel. The room furnishings are old and worn. The sleep number bed didn t work. The wallpaper is peeling. The bathrooms are outdated. The service was good. The location is very close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed January 2013
himansu205, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear toptip1000,

We are sorry that your stay at the Radisson did not meet your expectations. However, we are currently undergoing thorough renovations and updating every inch of the hotel. The entire exterior has already been completed and includes a brand new parking lot and painted walls. We are now working on renovating the whole interior, including all guest rooms, bathrooms, hallways, the lobby and restaurant. We will very soon have all new furniture in the rooms. Furthermore, every item in the rooms will be replaced as well, decorations. We expect the renovations to be completed by the end of the year. We hope you consider staying at the Radisson Akron/Fairlawn again after the updates are completed.

Radisson Akron/Fairlawn
Ellicott City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The front desk person when I checked in was very nice and welcoming, the room was very nice and warm on a cold evening (below 0 windchill). The restaurant in the morning buffet was nice as well. Only downside the evening restaurant service was less than ideal. I waited for a person to come and seat me and no one came. I noticed four ladies sitting down having a drink but no further service. I went to a restaurant down the street and when I got back the four ladies were still there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed again at this Radisson last week ( Jan. 8th & 9th ). I was acknowledged being a carlson member and upgraded without even telling them I was. The staff , as always, was great! I feel so comfortable and welcome at this hotel. Looks like they updated the place again from the last visit, 3 months ago. I can never figure out why a guest would write a negative review about this hotel. I have never had a problem here and the staff couldn't be nicer and more helpful and the beds..... there is no description on how comfortable they are. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in the area. I have business in Cleveland but always stay here because of the treatment I get. I know a good hotel when I see it.

Bob McGohan

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pace, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We spent 5 nights here over the Christmas Holidays! We were not disappointed! The staff was friendly and professional. They were not super busy due to the Holidays but made it a point to tell us that if we wanted a drink or snack, just to let them know and they would take care of it for us. The rooms are being renovated and the carpet and and walls were fresh and the rooms were clean. We had a very comfy bed, a room safe, a sofa, and a mini refrigerator and nice flat screen tv. When there are lots of family visiting the area and we need a hotel, I will use and recommend this hotel . The location is also great with many restaurants and shopping complexes near.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been updated
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have stayed there possibly for 6 years flying from ATL to CAK a couple times a year to visit my son his wonderful wife and our grand children. We make several visits to family members in the area and do not take full advantages of the amenities provided by this well -run Radisson. This year in our bustle to keep up with the grand kids and kids my wife lost an ear ring. We looked in the car, in the snow, in other places but to no avail.. We were more than merely pleased when up returning to our room the housekeeper had found the (one of a kind) earring and placed it on the night stand so we would see it. I know it is the right thing to do and possibly you should NOT praise people for the things that are expected, but I have high praise for our housekeeper and the staff at this Radisson Inn for letting us reward our housekeeper in a modest way for being an honest person. We will be back in May, we wish we could have used the pool and the exercise area more, but we were busy with the snow, the kids, the grand kids and the terrific New Years family parties. Thanks again to a wonderful staff and an honest person that let my wife's set of ear rings survive.

.......

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn? Share your experiences!