“Nice property, accomodating staff” 4 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Copley
GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice property, accomodating staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

In the event business I'm booking out team into hotels about 30 weekends each year. It is important to me that the hotel staff handle room assignment changes easily and correctly. This hotel did it nicely, working with Jayshree, who also checked us in quickly. Because our event was earlier than the normal breakfast hour of 7am the hotel responded to my request to provide an earlier breakfast and it was served beginning at 5am.
The rooms were clean. The beds were comfy.
The treatment we received from the staff was great. We'll be back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

There has been a back and forth discussion about this property on TA, but my experience was very, very positive. The front desk clerk was great and assured me I would have a rennovated king sized bed room on a non-smoking floor with minimal noise. He knew the rooms well. I went to the room and was very impressed. I like a cold room to sleep in and getting the temp to 62 was no problem. I bring my own pillow, but would not have needed it. The sleep number bed is a nice plus. The TV was new and a large flat screen. The bar is pleasant.The food menu is weak, but not a problem. There are so many extremely nearby restaurants that it just is not an issue. One new one is called Steak and Stone or something like that and is a fun place to visit. My pre paid rate was very good. No complaints. One of the best places to stay if you have business in the Medina/Montrose/Fairlawn area, or for a golf tournament at Firestone.

Room Tip: smoking rooms are on upper floors. good idea actually.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Edmundston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We came to Akron, OH for my son's judo competition and stayed one night in this hotel. Rooms were clean, staff friendly and breakfast tasty. There are also several good restaurants in the walking distance from the hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I always stay at the Radisson in Fairlawn even though my business sales calls are in Cleveland. The staff is so friendly ( especially JayShree ) and they do whatever it takes to make a comfortable stay for you. They reconized that I was a carlson member and upgraded my room. I stay here every 2 -3 months and every time there are new improvements. Last time it was a new parking lot, this time it was new rooms. They are always putting money back into the hotel which you don't see many hotels do. It is very close to many chain eateries and they have their own restrauant on site. I travel a great deal for my job and I stay here because it is very clean,safe, friendly, and the beds are extremely comfortable. You will really like this hotel and for the price you get alot.
Bob McGohan ( Cincinnati )

Room Tip: They have many different types of rooms, some with wet bars, some rooms larger than others, ask them...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We were in Akron for a family event. This was our first time staying at the Radisson there. We have stayed in other "name brand" hotels and we were definitely pleased with the Radisson-no need to pay high priced rates for the same quality. We had 3 adults staying and when we checked in we had a king bed and a sleeper sofa. As we had my 93 year old mother with us, this would not work and the hotel changed our room immediately! The hotel is clean, convenient to restaurants and off the main drag which we appreciated very much! They are in the process of renovating and updating. Would definitely stay there again. Only negative comment we have is based on personal preference for our mattress. They have sleep number beds and we are not big fans but many people are. Definitely a very pleasant stay. Oh, we picked up dinner at the Pad Thai restaurant nearby. Very good quality food!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the Radisson for one night in a suite, and unless there was a major renovation, I wouldn't stay there again. The staff was friendly, but as previous reviewers have said, the place just needs updating. Even simple things like ditching the old and dirty looking fake flowers in the lobby and repainting the wood trim on the front desk would do a lot. Our suite was on the third floor, and I don't remember the last time I've seen such old looking decor. Rather than a Sleep Number bed (which was fine), I would've rather seen clean-looking sofas from this decade. My top three complaints about the room were #1 finding a hair on the pillowcase, #2 the air in the bedroom seemed like it had two settings: hot and cold (the air in the living room worked just fine) and #3 the dark lighting in the bathroom where the shower and toilet were (although it may have been better that it was dark because the tub just looked dirty). The location is great- near lots of restaurants and shops and as I said, everyone we encountered was perfectly nice, but it just didn't seem clean to me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
himansu205, Owner at Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear ChicagoTraveler3,

We are currently undergoing thorough renovations in the entire hotel and updating every inch. The exterior has already been completed and includes a brand new parking lot. We are now working on renovating the whole interior, including all guest rooms, hallways, the lobby and restaurant. We will very soon have all new furniture in the rooms. Furthermore, every item in the rooms will be replaced as well, including light fixtures, air conditioners, and decorations. We expect the renovations to be completed by the end of the year. We hope you consider staying at the Radisson Akron/Fairlawn again after the updates are completed.

Himansu Patel
Owner of Radisson Akron/Fairlawn
Medina, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My spouse and I were forced to find a room on short notice and weren't looking for much more than air conditioning and internet connection when we choose this hotel. However we were VERY pleased with the hotel. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. I enjoyed the pool, hot tub and exercise room, which were steps from our door, while my spouse got her work done in the room. We ordered room service and were pleasantly surprised by the prices. We enjoyed the comfort of the sleep number bed. I think this place is one of Akron's best kept secrets!!

Room Tip: Room 119 leads right out to a private outdoor patio and the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn? Share your experiences!