“Fair hotel, but not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Copley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Orion, Michigan
“Fair hotel, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

The price was one of the lower rates in the area and I was upgraded to a business class room upon arrival, but I would have prefered a room with a "Sleep Number" bed that actually worked and an air conditioner that didn't sound like a jet engine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dundee, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Can't complain overall, as a Radisson Elite member, received an upgrade to a Business Class room. Lots of marble, but carpet was dirty/worn in public areas. We had a room witha king bed and sofa bed for our child. Sofa bed had old sheets left on it, and webbing to support mattress had been torn. Bed would have been useless for an adult. As other report, the pool was dingy at best. The tile around the sides had not been cleaned properly, you could see where the brushes had missed the grunge. Overall, I can't complain, but they need to pay attention to detail.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kaysville, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The room was ordinary - kind of 80's decor. But the entire hotel smelled and looked VERY clean. I think a family runs it and they were pleasant.

I had a problem with mold in the bathtub, reported it and that night the mold was gone - actually looked like brand new caulk.

One day however, they only cleaned part of my room - it was very weird. Bathtub was cleaned, new towels, but sink was not and bed was not made. It was like they were distracted.

Overall, the hotel was very quiet and like I said clean. In a nice location up on a hill.

I'd probably stay again. It's about 20 minutes from Downtown Akron with lots of food and shopping close by.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Cedar Falls, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stayed here for business Oct 11 after paying $89 per night. There were holes in the carpet, thick, gooeystains on the curtains and bedding, and the whole hotel felt creepy like it was a murder scene. During the night, I woke up multiple times to "scratching" on the walls and almost switched hotels. I would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

After reading some of the negative reviews I was hesitant, so booked 2 nights at a more expensive hotel on W. Mkt. street near Summit Mall, that had no negative comments. Then I switched to the more reasonably priced Radisson for my last night out of curiosity and to compare for any future travel to Akron. The nice surprise was that I couldn't tell any difference in the quality of the rooms & furnishings between the two. The staff was friendly and helpful. Had I stayed there the first 2 nights I could have saved myself $30 per night. I did not try the restaurant at either location nor the pool or gym. The only thing missing was the warm cookie at check-in and I didn't need the extra calories anyway.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sauk Village, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I was visiting Akron, Ohio area (for pleasure) just for 1 night and I chose the Radisson Inn Akron/Fairlawn as my hotel of choice. First I want to say that this hotel is located in an area, nestled slightly in a mountain, close to everything you can think of. Just by taking the drive on Montrose West Avenue you pass several eateries offering a variety of cuisine. A few minutes from the hotel are strip malls and an indoor mall. When I arrived at the hotel I found it to be very clean. I was greeted by 2 wonderful staff members, Meagan and Jayshree. They were extremely friendly and helpful. When I walked into the room I was assigned I knew I had stepped into comfort. The suite was very large and offered Select Comfort mattresses. Ahh! I personally did not find the need to adjust the bed from the number it was set to. However, I slept very comfortably. My checkout was quick and effortless. Also an added bonus was I received a parting gift for choosing the Radisson.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is an older hotel. The "Radisson" name is a little misleading as I expected more from a name brand. Definitely time for a makeover on this one. OK value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn? Share your experiences!