“fine, convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Copley
cleveland
“fine, convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

nice to have a little kitchen when you're away from home for a few days. there was a fridge, a 2 spot stove, a toaster, microwave and all the things you could need for up to 2 people. even a collander and wine opener. clean, nothing fancy. price was good.

Room Tip: i'd have preferred to be on the second or third floor. opening the curtain can be creepy when s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Clevelandlaura,
Thanks very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. At Extended Stay America Akron, we strive for total guest satisfaction, so we are always delighted to learn that we have accomplished just that. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way with your future travels to the Akron area or any of our other locations throughout the United States.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waldport, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

You can't believe the value here! Full kitchen, comfy brand new beds, friendly folks, close to everything! Get this place on your list!

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear MissyKat58,
Afton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

come on people we travel and stay in hotels while on the road, this place has every thing you need , its quit clean and in a very safe place. i give it a 10

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear tom e,

Thanks very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. At Extended Stay America, we strive for total guest satisfaction, so we are always delighted to learn that we have accomplished just that. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way with your future travels to the Akron area or any of our other locations throughout the United States.
Westmont, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I realize some things are beyond the control of the hotel, so not everything I'm listing is the hotel's fault, but put it all together and what an awful night.

1) No one at the front desk past 11 pm.
2) I stayed on a Saturday night: a bunch of guys were partying together on my floor, and it was so noisy I ended up having to get out my computer to turn on music to drown out the noise.
3) If someone on floor below me closed their door, not only was it loud enough to wake me up, it also shook my bed.
4) At least 3 times someone's car alarm went off.
5) I woke up to some type of alarm that wouldn't stop. After a few minutes I looked out the door's peep hole: the fire alarm signs were blinking . . . apparently it was the fire alarm, but it sounded nothing like a typical fire alarm. This hotel is somehow related to a hotel across the street, and their fire alarms were going off as well. Two fire trucks responded to the hotel across the street, but it took about 20 minutes longer for fire trucks to get to this hotel.
6) After we're allowed to go back inside, I'm hoped to be able to sleep for a couple of hours, but wasn't successful. I finally gave up and decided to enjoy a long shower and get home a few hours earlier than planned . . . the rooms have a toaster, iron, etc . . . but NO shampoo or hairdryer . . . so the whole way home, not only do I look bad from lack of sleep, now my hair looks awful too.

I booked this through the name your price feature from Priceline . . . wishing that I would have paid a little more to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Lee C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Akron - Copley. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

In addition, we specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Millbury, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I spent two months in this extended stay property in November and December 2010 while on temporary assignment for my company. For $19.98/night (corporate rate), I guess I shouldn't expect much, but for a newer looking budget hotel, this place is already in serious need of some repair. I was staying in the hotel with two others from my company, and the first thing that we noticed was that none of our rooms had the same style of furniture. It looks almost like they pieced together the rooms using close-outs from a Value City going out of business sale.

My room appeared clean enough when I checked in, but both the sheets and the blanket had holes in them. Further inspection of the kitchenette yielded a dirty microwave and mis-matched plates and silverware. Not having a choice of where to stay as my company had made our travel arrangements for us, I opted to make the two hour drive across the state back to my home to get my own sheets, blankets, and pillows, all while opening the window to my hotel room to let it air out for 24 hours before I returned.

The front desk staff was friendly enough, always greeting us as we came and went, and the hotel is in a relatively upscale area and even the lobby door locks with key-card access at night, so the hotel felt very safe to us. It seemed to cater mainly to construction workers and contractors who were traveling with their work trucks, as the parking lot always had several construction vehicles and Ryder rental trucks parked amongst our few sedans.

There was a fourth person training with us from another company and the training manager asked us why our company didn't use the much nicer Residence Inn across the street that they always recommend to trainees, but I guess the few extra dollars for the premium extended stay hotel was too much of a luxury for our parent company to justify.

One of the rather curious things that I've never seen before is the hotel's internet service. My company approved internet access as an approved incidental on our reservations, and upon check-in we signed up for the access code, which is good for the current calendar month for a one-time activation fee. This gets you access to the hotel's wi-fi network, but what puzzled me was that the wi-fi speeds are not broadband, but closer to dial-up. In fact, my Virgin Mobile MiFi provided much faster browsing speeds than the hotel's internet access. Further, after you enter your "access code" that you pay a one-time fee for at the front desk, you are then prompted to upgrade to "Express Speed" for an additional daily fee if you don't like the throttled-down dial-up speed of the basic wi-fi access that your monthly activation fee pays for from the front desk. I ended up choosing to forgo the hotel wi-fi and paid the $40/mo for unlimited access on a Virgin Mobile MiFi that I picked up at Wal-Mart on my third day at the hotel.

The only problem that I encountered during my stay was that my weekly cleaning service (once weekly is free, additional service is an extra $10 per service) stopped coming about half way through my stay. For the last three weeks, I had to keep exchanging towels at the front desk and taking my trash out myself because the maid just stopped coming on her assigned day. When I inquired about it at the desk after the first week was missed, I was told that they had canceled maid service for that particular day because of the bad weather, but they would get my room in a day or two, but they never did. I checked back again a week later when they missed again, and the front desk agent told me that the general manager had told the maid not to come in because there was only an hour and a half worth of work to do, so they were just going to combine it with the next day's cleaning. They never did. It was an annoyance, but then again, knowing that my company was paying less per month for my hotel room than I do for my one bedroom apartment, I really didn't expect much and was just happy to have a safe, semi-clean room that was bed bug free.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Arrived after a long trip from the UK. I was put in a smoking room which I had not requested. It was musky, dark and just horrible. The bathroom was as basic as it could possibly be. In fact I was almost reluctant to use the bathroom and waited until I checked into my next hotel to have a shower....The hotel was cheap but certainly not cheerful and I left the next morning to stay in Marriott and Holiday Inn hotels that were much nicer.

Sorry, but wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I made two reservations online: one for my mother and one for myself. I phoned this hotel location a couple days later to confirm the reservations and to let them know that we were bringing a pet. The person who answered the phone at this location was rude and surly to me. I said "I've made a reservation, and..." She interrupted me and said, "For what date?" I gave her the date. She said, "Let me check availability." I said, "But I've..." She interrupted me and said, "Sir, you'll have to wait while I check availability!" I said, "But I've..." She tried to interrupt me again, but I persisted "...I've already got a reservation." She said, "Then why did you ask me to check availability?" I explained that I hadn't asked her to, but she became sullen and rude, and claimed that she could find any evidence of the reservations I'd made online. I decided to try to call back the next day to see if I could get a different staff person. I did get a different staff person. This person could find the reservation I'd made for my mother but not the one I'd made for myself, even after I gave her the confirmation numbers for both. She said I'd have to make another reservation for myself then call their reservation line and cancel the one I'd made online, but first I would have to hold while she did something else. At that point, I told her to cancel both reservations. I don't want to stay at a hotel that provides such poor customer service and that has such a poor ability to track reservations.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East? Share your experiences!