“Better then expected, good if you need a stove, frig, etc.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 Montrose West Ave, Copley, OH 44321 (Formerly Studio Plus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Copley
Gonic, NH
“Better then expected, good if you need a stove, frig, etc.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed in probably five hotels in this family of hotels. This was the best and cleanest so far. The place is low key with minimal services, but the rooms were neat and clean, the bathroom was recently remodeled and the bedding and towels were near new. The washers and dryers are $2.00 per load and they seemed clean. You are near a major highway with access to casual dining within a mile. They have a small grab and go type breakfast area with packaged muffins and several different types of apples. There were also muffins and some instant oatmeal and some Quaker Oats Breakfast to go bars. Check-in and check-out were quick. I think the rate was about $60 a night plus tax. I thought I would need to stay in the area and have to cook a couple nights, plans changed, but I would still return to the location. There did not seem to be any advantage of one room over another, it was far enough away from the highway to not get any noise and the lighting seemed similar on both sides of the building.

Room Tip: There did not seem to be any advantage to specific rooms. The washers and dryers are on the first f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear MichaelinNH,

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had to call desk clerk on last night of 3-nite stay due to incessant barking from two dogs in adjoining rooms on the 2nd floor. Rooms were located mid-section of 2nd floor. We knew pets were permitted in the hotel, but were not told we were being assigned a room across the hall from pets that were left unattended all day long and (apparently) into the night. The desk clerk had a phone number for the dog-owners; but they did not answer their phones! We had to move to a different room for night 3 because dog owners were "long-stay" guests. Not even sure this hotel has specific rooms designated for guests with pets.

Room Tip: If you have allergies or don't appreciate barking dogs, ask for room away from pets. Might want...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Korinana,
Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Clarksburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is in need of TOTAL remodeling and TOTAL MGT. replacement...I experienced no hot water, unclean office, hallways, rooms, and to top it all off..during my stay I witnessed a Police bust for Drugs and Prostitution..needless to say, I would NEVER recommend this hotel nor would I EVER stay here again...go to Stay Place down the street...nicer..cleaner...quieter...SAFER....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Robert C,

copley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

promised hotwater would be fixed this morning - at 4pm we still have no hotwater. Moving to the Stay Place Suites down the street, much nicer and rates are comparable. Rooms and hallways are very dirty and old, old is ok if it is clean - this is not clean! From the outside looks great, but then you step into a Bates Motel like atmosphere.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear CopleyDew,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Akron-Copley. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent situations like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

In addition, I have also met with the local management about the common area odor issues you describe below and we are diligently working on a resolution to the issue.

Thank you for your feedback and if you are ever in the Copley area, please allow us a chance to serve you again.
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the past year. I have had great experiences both times. I was able to check in early. The bed was comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. I enjoyed having the kitchen. The TV had cable with a wide choice of channels. Compared to the hotel down the road I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. For the price it is not a bad place. If they update the bed linens you would think you were staying at a more expensive hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear jkmini,
Thanks very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. At Studio Plus Akron, we strive for total guest satisfaction, so we are always delighted to learn that we have accomplished just that. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way with your future travels to the Akron area or any of our other locations throughout the United States.
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've stayed at the Studio Plus Akron-Copley twice in the last few months and had great experiences both times. Great customer service - especially Paul - all the staff were personable but he went above and beyond. Monique, the manager also took time to call after our stay which was very nice.
We decided on it because it allows dogs - and our dog had a great time too! The rooms were clean and comfortable - and also include a mini kitchen - oven, fridge, microwave, etc. which saved us from having to order out every night. The first trip we also were able to swim in the outdoor pool - which was very nice and clean.
i plan on returning and would highly recomment it to anyway - it is a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Ms. Deidre,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide each guest with 100% satisfaction, so we are always delighted to learn that we have accomplished just that.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other locations. Thank you again.
Copley, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We travel quite a bit. I have to say the employee's here at Copley make sure everything is up to expectations. We had stayed here a month ago and then left and came back. This trip we ended up with a different room and the mattress was not good for my back. Hubby wasn't complaining but my back was. I asked if we could switch rooms, and BOOM we were switched!! If you have any questions about the area, they answer it for you or they find out it out for you!! You have a complete kitchen, not 2 burners,...4!! Plus a stove! We have a couch, wireless internet for FREE!! (one place wanted us to pay $10 a day for internet!!) They come in once a week and clean, you can't ask for more...oh and you can have your pets!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear CrisnDavid,

Been to Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West? Share your experiences!