“Great Economical Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West

You added Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 Montrose West Ave, Copley, OH 44321 (Formerly Studio Plus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Copley
ohio
“Great Economical Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the past year. I have had great experiences both times. I was able to check in early. The bed was comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. I enjoyed having the kitchen. The TV had cable with a wide choice of channels. Compared to the hotel down the road I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. For the price it is not a bad place. If they update the bed linens you would think you were staying at a more expensive hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear jkmini,
Thanks very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. At Studio Plus Akron, we strive for total guest satisfaction, so we are always delighted to learn that we have accomplished just that. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way with your future travels to the Akron area or any of our other locations throughout the United States.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've stayed at the Studio Plus Akron-Copley twice in the last few months and had great experiences both times. Great customer service - especially Paul - all the staff were personable but he went above and beyond. Monique, the manager also took time to call after our stay which was very nice.
We decided on it because it allows dogs - and our dog had a great time too! The rooms were clean and comfortable - and also include a mini kitchen - oven, fridge, microwave, etc. which saved us from having to order out every night. The first trip we also were able to swim in the outdoor pool - which was very nice and clean.
i plan on returning and would highly recomment it to anyway - it is a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Ms. Deidre,

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other locations. Thank you again.
Copley, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We travel quite a bit. I have to say the employee's here at Copley make sure everything is up to expectations. We had stayed here a month ago and then left and came back. This trip we ended up with a different room and the mattress was not good for my back. Hubby wasn't complaining but my back was. I asked if we could switch rooms, and BOOM we were switched!! If you have any questions about the area, they answer it for you or they find out it out for you!! You have a complete kitchen, not 2 burners,...4!! Plus a stove! We have a couch, wireless internet for FREE!! (one place wanted us to pay $10 a day for internet!!) They come in once a week and clean, you can't ask for more...oh and you can have your pets!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear CrisnDavid,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel for seven days. While it isn't "The Ritz", it was clean, comfortable and well equipped. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room consisted of a kitchen, bath, sitting room and adjacent bedroom area which was equipped with comfortable queen-sized bed. The sitting area had an couch, chair and a reasonable sized flat-screen TV. The kitchen had a stove, full-size refrigerator, microwave, dish washer and dining bar with two stools. A limited amount of dishes, utensils and pots and pans were provided. The first day I saw that there was mildew on the bottom of the shower curtain. The next day the curtain had been changed without my bringing it to their attention. There is a electronic keyed access door from the lobby to the interior of the hotel to restrict entry to corridors. There is no through traffic on the road in front of the hotel so the location is quiet.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Bruce- Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide each guest with 100% satisfaction, so we are always delighted to learn that we have accomplished just that.

Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was relocating and looking to try to conserve money on an extended stay. I did not expect this to be a Hampton Inn or a Hilton, since the price averaged out to about $60/night. The staff was very friendly, but the hotel desperately needs updating. It was clean, but shabby.

Pros: Security was reasonable. Again, staff was excellent. I certainly felt safe. There are many restaurants located nearby, and several markets to choose from to stock the refrigerator. There is also free wifi and it worked well.

Cons: I was in a handicapped room. This meant the shower did not have a tub so every time I took a shower, I ended up flooding the bathroom slightly. I think this is part of the reason the room smells slightly - due to water on the carpet? I am not a fan of moldy smells. I do NOT recommend the handicapped room.

Cons: My biggest issue was that, even though I was staying 12 consecutive days, I was only given the "lowest price" of $50/night + tax for 7 days of the trip. The other five days were at a $65/night + tax, since it wasn't a full week. This hotel is definitely not worth the $70/night range. At $70, other local hotels with an included breakfast start to look better.

I have since ventured to other hotels in search of a better place to stay for several months.

Room Tip: Ask not to be given the handicapped room due to the shower configuration.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It is always satisfying to read positive feedback, about our staff, from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way”. In addition, I have fowarded your comments about the hotel needing updated to the appropriate people in our corporate office.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your help in advance.
Upstate NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

If we were staying more than one night we would have gone elsewhere. I took my family to visit a dying relative, so we weren't looking for a resort experience. The room, 2 queen beds, was very large, but the bathroom was microscopic. There was the obligitory junk left visible under the couch and TV that my wife always see's instantly. The room looked dirtier than I think it actually was. It was just a large hotel room, not really a mini-suite like described. The common areas smelled of smoke, so bad in fact that the place smelled better after a guest burnt her supper of beans (setting off the fire alarm and evacuating the hotel). The front desk staff was polite and professional. In this case you do get what you pay for, a cheap hotel room. The free wireless was adequate, we didn't try any of the other "ammenities".

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Javious_64,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Akron-Copley. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent situations like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

In addition, I have also met with the local management about the common area odor issues you describe below and we are diligently working on a resolution to the issue.

Thank you for your feedback and if you are ever in the Copley area, please allow us a chance to serve you again.
Cocoa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I appreciate any hotel that is able to somewhat comfortably house a family of 5 in one room. However, when booking the room (Queen Suite) we were unable to book the room online, because the website's maximum occupancy is 4 even though the room sleeps 6. We called and were greeted by friendly staff, who though were unable to give the same price as online, so then suggested booking the room online as if there were only 4 people, and he would add the fifth after the fact. The room was booked apx 3 weeks in advance of our trip, when we arrived, there were only 3 towels, 3 forks, knives, spoons, plates etc, which is rather inconvenient, with a family of 5. Sheets for the pull out bed were not provided in the clean room, but were promptly provided once they were requested. The beds (all three) were horribly hard, I'm quite sure the floor was softer. The room shows online, coming with a recliner, but the room did not include one. Also, the description implys there is some separation between the living and sleeping areas, there is none. The staff was great, friendly and very professional.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Family of 5,

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to personally thank you for your feedback. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

In addition, I have met with the local management staff to ensure that each guest knows at check in that extra silverware, plates, and bedding are available at the front desk if needed.

Been to Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West? Share your experiences!