“10/12/12 stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Conneaut

You added Days Inn Conneaut to your Saves list
Days Inn Conneaut
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   600 Days Boulevard, Conneaut, OH 44030-3500 (Formerly Conneaut-Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Conneaut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
ALLIANCE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

staff was very friendly but room was rather dirty and outdated. There were hairs in the shower. ( I'm Bald)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

ALBUQUERQUE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had a quiet comfortable stay at an efficiently run hotel that is convenient to metropolitan Conneaut.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

euclid
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

July fourth weekend : called three weeks prior to make reservations,was quoted a price and when we checked in I had to pay $100 more than what they told me when I called, I questioned why that was and we were told "the owner makes the rules, ask him" the front desk clerk was very rude about it ( cant say I blame him for being cranky when he works in a hole like that, but still) he was very unprofessional and acted as if he had a sense of entitlement! I specifically asked for non-smoking room and they gave us a room that clearly has been smoked in for years.... I called to the receptionist and he told me he would be happy to sell the room to someone else if I didn't like it..... considering I had to pay up front (witch is weird) I figured we better stay becaause I knew they would keep my money if I left! ......to the bar we go (because staying in a place like this you have to be inebriated to tolerate it) I wish I knew the name of the bartender in there so I could call corporate on her.. appearantly no one is aloud to talk to the manager of the hotel without getting scolded by the bartender .... ill be nice and leave it at that......9:00 am the next morning .......yogurt was warm, eggs were cold, bananas were brown! Never again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Mansfield, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

First the room was way too expensive. They have a business travlers rate but refused to give it to me and charged me full price. Second it smelled like mildew very badly. I had to get air freshner from the front desk. The bathroom was also very small. They did have truck parking and the bed and pillows were comfortable. If you have the time keep driving and find something better.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
St. Catharines, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for 2 nights over the D-Day Ohio weekend. I knew I was paying a premium because of the event but thought - its a Days Inn, they have standards it should be fine. To be honest even if I was paying less I still would have been disappointed. We arrived late, about 11pm, and there were two staff at the front desk watching a movie, only one of them stood up to greet us. We were then told that we were to pay for our whole 2 nights up front. This I have never encountered at a hotel before and so I asked why we had to pay up front and not at check out like most hotels and the answer I got by the lady who hadn't even stood up to greet us was "you pay at check-in". Anyways, we were tired and ready for bed and not feeling like a fight so we gave our payment. The room left something to be desired - the window was open when we went in which I believe was to air the place out. The TV was an old tube tv - haven't seen one of those in a hotel in ages. The comforters were old looking with floral pattern that matched the drapes. Again, I wasn't expecting a lot so it wasn't a big deal. We saw the pool outside our room so we decided to go out there the next day and wow... they need to fix that pool up in a major way. There aren't any paving stones, just pea gravel all around the pool so when you walk from the lounger to the pool they get all stuck to your feet so you have to brush your feet off before getting in - we didnt get in because the water was freezing and the pool left something to be desired, it looked like it had tiles once that had all been taken off so the sides were off colour. Needless to say we were the only ones out there. I also found there was quite a bit of noise that comes from the hallways - the doors don't keep much sound out unfortunately. We were glad we were in the end of the hotel away from the restauarant since they turn it into a club at night time and there is loud music. Upon check out I asked why it was we paid at check in and I was told that "most hotels are going paperless now"... not sure what that had to do with it. I think it is so that you don't run away the second night. In hindsight I would have stayed in Erie and driven to the D-Day event, much more hotel options there.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a room away from the lobby - less noise from the restaurant.