“Smallest Hotel Room Ever” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #59 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Smallest Hotel Room Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend for an out of town wedding. The lobby was beautiful and we were greeted by a very friendly representative who made check in very smooth. The room was the smallest hotel room I've ever seen in my life! However, it was clean and had everything we needed. We could have used a mini fridge for some bottled water but it was not a necessity. The location was convenient to major roads and interstates. They do charge a fee for over night parking (around $26 I think) but we found a lot that was slightly farther away for only $3 per night. The front desk was backed up during check out but the same friendly representative from check in took our names and emailed our receipt. That probably saved us at least 15 minutes of standing in line, which I found thoughtful. The price was affordable so I think we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a mini fridge if you will need one
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our beautiful and historic hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and that our team was so friendly and accommodating. As a historic hotel, we have 19 different room types and over 100 different configurations, while we believe this adds to our history and charm, I can absolutely understand that some of our rooms are smaller than the modern traveler expects. I am very glad that your room, while smaller than expected was well appointed and clean. All of our 19 room types have same luxurious amenities, such as the Westin Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower. Thank you again for your business, we look forward to your next stay.

Halley Karas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The lobby is old world marble and massive so impressive then you go to the room and you find it is very small and a bit outdated. The furnishings are OLD as in 1950s style with a tiny but somewhat retro bath area that measures all of 5x6 in size. The room isn't much bigger at10x12 with maybe a foot of room between dresser and bed...barely room to pass. Not sure why they gave me a smaller room on the room chart on the door but I certainly would NOT RECO staying here and I wouldn't come again. The massive lobby and old world bar is all facade with dated and grossly undersized rooms; especially for a Westin. Not even average so why stay here with other options...I know I won't.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Columbus and for taking the time to review your experience. We appreciate your business and value you as our guest. I am very sorry that the room was smaller than you anticipated. As a historic property, we have 19 different room types and over 100 different configurations. While we believe this adds to our history and charm, I absolutely understand that some of our rooms are smaller than the modern traveler expects. I would be delighted to help you book your next stay and make sure we select the right room that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations.

Leuven, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have been to this hotel for a business trip for a week.
Positive points are
- room was quite clean,
- bed was very comfortable,
- they provide sport clothes for 5$, if you like to go to fitness,
- it is very close to a bus station where you can take the free
bus to the city centre.

Negative points are
- you need to pay 10$ for a crappy internet connection in your room,
- air conditioning was quite noisy,
- my room was also noisy, since it was close to a construction site,
- cleaning lady has only been to my room once.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience. We truly appreciate your business and value you as our guest. I am glad that your room was comfortable, clean and you found our amenities and location convenient. I am very sorry about the noisiness of your room, both from the outside construction and the air conditioner. I can understand how frustrating that would be and I can assure you that we don't consider this acceptable. I also apologize for the poor internet service you received and the lack of housekeeping service you received. Your comments are well taken and your feedback is very valuable. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and make sure to find you a nice, quiet room, with speedy internet service and VIP housekeeping service. Thank you again for feedback and for staying with us.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We selected the Westin for our wedding - ceremony and reception venue! This hotel is absolutely beautiful! The rooms are very clean, super comfortable and the service staff is wonderful! I can only imagine the pressure a bride puts on a wedding coordinator and Linsey Bruce and Craig Tremblay are best in class! Not only did my guests rave about the beauty/food/great service but everyone agreed the rooms/ambiance was unforgettable. The central location to downtown is ideal and historic nature of the venue is impressive. Not only would I recommend Westin Columbus, I will be a loyal customer to any Westin facility, whenever and wherever possible.

Room Tip: If you are able to spoil yourself - check out a suite ... it's worth it!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Claire,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We so appreciate you selecting our hotel for your wedding and are delighted that everything went so flawlessly. I will make sure to pass along your thanks to Craig, Linsey and the entire event staff. We appreciate your loyalty and value you as our guest.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here on our drive across the country this week. It was a great location and I was impressed with Columbus. The lobby is quite nice as were the rooms. As with all cities, you have to pay for parking (24 bucks) in addition to the room. There are several restaurants nearby within walking distance. Got a great deal on Priceline express deals.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Westin Columbus during your drive cross country. We appreciate you choosing us and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again soon!

Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I went to Columbus for a convention. The hotels near the convention center were pretty full. I ended up at the Westin which is pretty far from the convention center. The weather was nice so I decided to use the bike share (cogo) which is pretty convenient.

The rooms are pretty small, but well furnished. The bathroom was ok (the shower was dated). The building is historic and beautiful but I expected more from a Westin hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Westin Columbus. I'm glad that even though we were further away from the convention center than you would have preferred, you were able to take advantage of the great shared bike service in Columbus. It's a quick bike ride or a pleasant walk and we are a great choice for those who are looking to stay near their convention but still have time and room to explore and experience all of downtown. I am glad that you found the rooms well furnished and the hotel in general beautiful and historic. We are certainly proud of our historic hotel as well as the upscale Westin furnishings and programs we offer. I am sorry that you found your experience to be overpriced, and would love to discuss options and packages for any upcoming trips you might have so that we can best accommodate your needs. Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review your experience.

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at The Westin Columbus for a family wedding that was held in the hotel, and while the exterior and common spaces were impressive if the gilded age is your style, the room we stayed in certainly left something to be desired. It is a historic building that was retrofitted to have bathrooms in every room, so by necessity the rooms are quite small if you stay in a standard. They didn't seem to have any standard rooms with a king bed, and the finishes in the queen room were basic hotel. Our room only had a three piece bathroom with a shower that was ok sized, but didn't have anywhere for you to prop yourself for shaving (a big issue for the ladies). The other issue was the cost of parking - at $24 a night it's very excessive, especially seeing how the required valets didn't notice that a window was down in our rental car when parking it, thus resulting in a very wet ride the next day since it rained overnight. (Parking for one night was more than our rental car for the whole weekend.) We did find a lot sort of caddy-corner across the block that was much cheaper - I think it was $6/day on the weekends - that would be a better option if we were to return here in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. Your comments are well taken and appreciated. I am very sorry that the room you reserved did not meet your expectations. As a historic hotel, we have 19 different room types and over 100 different configurations. While this adds to our history and charm, I absolutely understand that some of our rooms are smaller than the modern traveler expects. I would love the opportunity to have you back and to find a room that better suits your needs. Additionally, I apologize that our valet team did notice that your window was not rolled up when they parked it. I will make sure to address that with my team and use your comments as a learning experience so that we can improve. We appreciate your business and value you as our guest. I hope to see you back at The Westin the next time your travels bring you to Columbus.

Halley Karas

Been to The Westin Columbus? Share your experiences!