“Exceeds Expectations, Customer Service and Attention to Details” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #46 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Dublin, Ohio
“Exceeds Expectations, Customer Service and Attention to Details”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The WESTIN exceeded at everything. We have many out of town guests, this was our venue for both the wedding and reception. The day we contacted the WESTIN to book our date, we sat down and discussed packages (what came with each) and options. I was relieved at how very clear the set pricing is so NO Surprise up-charges or extras. We were given options for any needed upgrades and the staff went above and beyond to make this day the best of our life. The tasting to plan our menu was an event in itself, my parents were so pleased and excited, none of us could wait, the food was beyond anything "wedding" experience I have ever had, and it’s truly the best food at any fine dining restaurant. I have a special diet which they accommodated without a blink, they are Gluten Free in everything, and the food itself was 5 star rating, while they made my food special, they never gave up quality and taste. I wanted a Fruit Presentation on a dessert table because i don't eat sugar, and they made an amazing fruit tree it was spectacular, ornate and set as beautiful addition in the ballroom. We had our wedding and reception in the Ballroom. This room is set apart from any other. Its marble floors, mirrored wall, stained glass windows, amazing drapery, and the lighting is trimmed around the room perfectly, everything is sparkling and the room needs no decorations. The WESTIN provides the centerpieces, table linens, chairs, all glassware, flatware, china, bar, etc...Oh yea that's included in the set pricing. Our guests and we were treated like royalty, by every staff member. We were shown the reception rooms before guests were let in to make sure it was set to our standards, and again they exceeded and continued to impress me with the details. The cocktail area is outside the ballroom, and on the balcony, which is a beautiful scene of the hotel and is picture perfect. The WESTIN also holds only 1 party on that level, so no "crashers". We were granted the presidential suite for our wedding night (WOW) and surprised with complementary champagne and fruit in our room when we returned with a beautiful card. The morning after we also arranged for breakfast/brunch before guests left. Special dietary requests again, all accommodated with ease and perfection, the staff had it set beautifully, and nothing lost with their attention to detail, while giving excellent service. It was a worry free experience, and not any issue, except our own when we realized we did forget the Challah (blessing of the bread) and Linsey the wedding planner, ran across the street to the kosher deli and found us some. Now that is some dedication and customer service! I want everyone to have the perfect wedding like us! The WESTIN delivers, hands down the Very Very best in everything. Feel like a Queen and King, it’s once in a lifetime! We sure did, and our guests still rave about their experiences there as well. It’s the worry free, attention to details, and sparkle that make this place the very best choice, and honestly, there is no competition. The WESTIN and Staff are in a League of their own!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Caroline,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your wedding experience at The Westin Columbus. We were delighted to host your big day and really enjoyed your entire group. As the premier wedding venue in Columbus, we pride ourselves on creating personalized experiences for each of our happy couples and making their day as special as possible. I will make sure to share your comments with Linsey as well as our culinary, banquet and events team. They love their jobs and it definitely shows!

Thank you again for your business and for the kind words. Your recommendation is truly invaluable!

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Aurora, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 nights in Priceline so had no say in where we ended up. Spoke with Liz (awesome) who made sure we had a large room with a roll away for my family of 5. First night, Friday, great. Little to no noise. Tonight, Saturday, wow. What a difference. I can hear people singing and screaming at the party below us. Sounds like fun but try dealing with 3 cranky over tired kids. We were offered a room change but seriously at 9pm and 3 kids, that will take longer than the party will go to. Annoyed.

• Stayed February 2014
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm glad that Liz was so helpful and was able to give you a complimentary upgrade as well as a rollaway bed to accommodate your large party. I'm very sorry about the noise you experienced during your second night. I hope that you will return to our hotel in the future after enjoying your large room and the great service by Liz. We always do our best to make sure all of our guests are having a good time, yet respecting the needs of our other guests, and promise to continue to do so. We value your business and appreciate your comments.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I visit this hotel regularly for business and always look forward to my stay. Tuesdays and Wednesdays they have complimentary wine, beer and hor d'oeuvres in the lobby which is a unique offering. The staff is friendly and helpful. Carla is always working hard, smiling and taking care of guests. Thurber's Bar is a great place to grab dinner and a drink. The servers are great remembering guest names along with their food and drink preferences. The rooms are always clean and beds are very comfortable. It is well operated and I would recommend it to any friend or family member!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Ryan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experiences at The Westin Columbus. As a frequent guest with us, your feedback is especially valuable to your fellow travelers. We are so glad to have you stay with us and truly value your business. Your recommendation means the world to us. Thank you again.

Grand Blanc, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, checked in on Friday February 14th and checked out on February 16th. We stayed here because we were going to the George Straight concert on that Saturday. We had the best experience ever! Complimentary champagne and strawberries for Valentines Day. Valet parking was great and the workers there were all amazing. Thank you for a great experience for my boyfriend and I...we will be back for sure!!

Room Tip: Choose a bigger room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Jessica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your Valentine's Day weekend at The Westin Columbus. We truly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to let others know about your great stay. I'm so glad we were able to make it memorable! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed here for a Grandview Craft Beer festival. They were very nice, beautiful lobby. The room was clean and a little small. We used their gym in the basement. We were the only ones down there and their equipment is GREAT! They offered us a 3pm checkout for Sunday and our room service in the morning was right on time to the minute! A bonus is we booked this on priceline for $80.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Greetings Megan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at our lovely, historic hotel. We so appreciate not only your business but your feedback as our valued guest. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our brand new Westin Workout studio and also got a chance to take advantage of the 3pm check out we offer complimentary with the Westin Weekend program. We certainly understand that weekend trips are a chance for our guests to get away, rejuvenate and unplug from their busy lives, and a late check out on Sunday let's you extend that pleasure. Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I just got married in January, and we had all of our guests (nearly 200) stay at The Westin Columbus. In addition to having a ton of guests, we had a lot going on during the wedding weekend. At The Westin we hosted a cocktail hour on Friday night, an after party on Saturday at Thurbers, and a brunch on Sunday morning in the ballroom. All of which were fabulous! We mainly worked with Marian to plan all of the events. She did an amazing job! She was very organized and executed everything beautifully. We were so thrilled with how everything turned out, we would recommend anyone work with The Westin for their wedding. We had countless comments on how beautiful the hotel was, how delicious the brunch was, and how much everyone enjoyed their stay. Our suite was also fabulous and so comfortable. If youre planning an event, definitely ask for Marian - she is great!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Sarah,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We so enjoyed having your wedding guests at the Westin and being a part of your big weekend. We host many wedding parties and yours truly was a joy. I am so glad you found Marian so helpful and easy to work with. We agree, she is great! Your comments are invaluable and we so appreciate you taking the time to let the TripAdvisor community know how great your experience was. Thanks again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I travel full time for work so when I look for a hotel to stay in, I am really looking for a place that I can make into a home and that is what I found here.

The Westin Columbus made it their priority that I feel comfortable during my stay. Everyone, from the valet to the front desk to the management, went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed When I told them that I would be staying for a few weeks, they immediately moved me into a larger room at no extra charge. Every request I had was answered and tended to immediately.

Room service always delivers quickly and the food is fantastic. I am addicted to the salads and can't help but order a side of risotto every night. The addition of peas to the dish is sweet perfection.

The gym is large and well equipped with new machines. The hotel even provided me with workout clothes.

I love the Westin Columbus!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Katie,

Thank you so much for the glowing review! We enjoy being your home away from home and are so glad we can provide the small comforts that the full time business traveler looks for. Our newly renovated Westin Workout has received great reviews from our loyal guests and everyone loves that risotto! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you so much for your continued loyalty.

Halley Karas

Been to The Westin Columbus? Share your experiences!