“Beautiful, Classy, Elegant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Beautiful, Classy, Elegant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have dreamed of having my wedding reception here for quite some time as this is hands down the most beautiful hotel in Columbus! It's a historic building with a gorgeous lobby. My favorite part is the Grand Ballroom...and boy is it Grand!! Marble floors, floor to ceiling windows with views of downtown (really beautiful at night with all the lights), and really high ceilings. Tons of character! Linsey Bruce was our wedding coordinator and she took care of everything! I was very relaxed on my big day because she was super organized - she does her job very well! She answered my several emailed questions quickly, helped organize the entire reception. Room service was delish for both breakfast and lunch (the girls got ready for the wedding in my bridal suite, which was beautiful and plenty big enough for the 10 of us all). I would highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for a gorgeous wedding reception! It's elegant, romantic, and classy. The food at the reception was delicious, we received many compliments on how good everything was. Everything from the flow of the night's events to the tuscan table to the bar staff and waiters, was simply perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Lyndsay S,
Please accept again our best wishes for a long and happy life together! I hope that we can welcome you back again for your anniversary.

415 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Not sure why so many reviews indicated they thought it was just so-so. The lobby was beautiful, staff very friendly and location was perfect.

Our room was on the 5th floor with no real view but we were just staying one night. The location in downtown seemed reasonable.

We did not use any of the amenities so I cannot speak about those.

I booked the hotel via Hotwire and got a rate of $69 which was fantastic.

Save yourself money on parking if you drive in by parking in the lot directly across from the Westin parking lot on the backside of the hotel. We ended up only having to pay $9.00 for overnight parking.

The only negative I have to say about the hotel, which I mentioned to the front desk in the morning is that you can hear everything in the hallways. We were woken up at midnight by rowdy guests - they moved quickly through the hallways so it wasn't a huge deal but something you should be aware of.

Despite other reviews, we did not find the room we were in to be small at all for city accommodations. In fact, the ceiling was quite high making it feel even bigger than it was.

Showers had two shower heads in them which was pretty cool but the shower heads were WAY, WAY to low for me - I kept bumping my head on them - seemed to be made for people under 5 feet tall.

Overall a great place that I would return to if I ever return to Columbus, Ohio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear njtraveljunkie,
Thank you for taking the time to share a thorough review of the Westin Columbus. We all are very proud of our Historic Hotel, and we love sharing it with our guests. We truly appreciate your kind words and hope that you will return again in the future!
Beachwood, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

convenience outlets on floor under desk, marble floor in bathroom very slippery, no tub, shower only, opted not to cange linens, didn't realize it meant to maid service at all. Didn't make beds, remove trash or supply clean towels. said the only parking was valet at 22.00 a night. had self park at 6.00 dollars in lot.
Without a doubt this hotel is not a typical Westin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Oldzman,
I deeply apologize for the misunderstandings that marred your visit! I so regret that I did not have the opportunity to assist you while you were here so that you would remember us fondly. Our hotel is a unique, downtown Historical hotel, with nineteen different room configurations, and all of them are different sizes, with different amenities. Some rooms do only have a shower, but we make every effort to ensure that the floors are not slippery. In fact, you are the first guest I can remember who has minded the original marble floors. We do offer valet parking in our lot, with unlimited in and out privileges for $22 per night. There is a day rate, that I think you may have mistaken for an overnight rate. There is also a large public parking garage directly across the street from our lot.
I hope that you will give our hotel a second chance in the future to make you welcome.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My now husband and I had our wedding reception and brunch at The Westin Columbus and were very pleased. The lobby is gorgeous, the room service is very good and tasty, and the location is excellent with a few restaurants in walking distance and plenty within a 1 mile distance or quick cab ride. I will say we had trouble with our room block because there was another wedding party with the same last name and our gift bags were switched, our steamer was sent to the wrong party, ect. These are small things and we were able to correct them it just took a LOT more work on the part of the wedding party than planned. The guests were frequently not understood when they called to book. We as the bridal party felt we had to constantly double check. Other than that aspect, the service for the reception and the directorship was impeccable. It is an elegant location for a wedding reception - very romantic. They know what they are doing. I was planning from multiple states away which made the process harder, but they were very willing to work with me and my husband and families. I would DEFINITELY recommend this place for anyone considering a wedding reception. Having an event in their grand ballroom does wonders for photographs and ambiance. I did not feel I had to worry a bit about how smoothly my reception would run. I had 175 people, a 9 piece band, a 5 tier cake, multiple speeches, a tuscany table setting, and excellent service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Rgorms8313,
Thank you for taking the time to share both your generous compliments to our hotel and event staff, and the pertinent feedback that will help us improve our delivery of excellent service to every group and guest! Congratulations again, and we hope you will both come back soon.
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our stay here was fine. The lobby is beautiful and the bar was friendly but I agree with others who said that the front desk staff members were less than friendly. Our room was tiny. I know this is an historic hotel but dubbing a room "cosy" does not disguise the fact that it is tiny.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Sunnybagel,
Thank you for reminding us all that the guests of the Westin Columbus deserve a warm, friendly welcome when they arrive! We will use your comments to illustrate this to our associates so that we may improve in the future.
We make every effort to describe the actual square footage of our guestrooms so that guests can make an informed selection when making a reservation. Originally only 50 of the hotel's guestrooms had private baths, and there were no closets. Most guests used the communal baths located at the end of the hallways, and clothes were hung on pegs, flat against the wall. There were no king or queen sized beds, many of the rooms would have had single beds or the popular 3/4 "full" size bed. Due to the renovations through the years to give us bathrooms and closets, as well as two room suites, the hotel now has nineteen different room configurations, ranging from the small, cozy rooms to the large corner suites. I hope that you will return in the future and will try one of the larger, more luxious guestrooms. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to personally assist you in selecting your next guestroom.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our stay was average. We did not valet, even though we were pressured by the staff, but opted to park in the garage around the corner. The lobby was nice. Rooms are small, as others have noted, but comparable to hotels in other big cities. The room was very clean, including the bathroom. The hotel is not close to entertainment/night life, but for those visiting the political sights I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Raspberry Oatmeal,
Thank you for staying at the Westin Columbus. Please let me assure you that the Valet service is a convenience for our guests and is definately a matter of choice. I will speak with the Doormen and Valets to ensure that they are always equally courteous and helpful to guests who choose to self-park in the public lots as they are to valet customers!
Downtown Columbus is swiftly changing and improving, and I hope that you will come back again soon and take advantage of the many downtown events, and the many fine and casual dining spots within a short walk or taxi ride.
MReddy, General Manager
College Park, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I loved the historic aspect of this hotel. They location is great and the house keeping service is excellent.

However, Westin has a general problem with front desk staff. Does not seem if its Savannah or Columbus or Atlanta but your front desk staff's attitude and customer service is horrible. So it must be the corporate training. Ditch the uniforms at like humans.

My friend has MS and has speech issues. The woman at the front desk was a jerk. Horrible. I was embarrassed by her general like of customer service skills. I can't say what I want to say about her but it was a very negative first impression.

Also the night I needed to print my boarding pass the print would not print large enough. I work in IT and I could not get it to print bigger.

I ask the guy at the front desk for help and more paper. He was indifferent. I had to stand in line at the airport and get it reprinted because it was to small.

The only nice people I met was the house keeping staff.

Also if you are a large family forget sharing a room!

I maybe done with Westin.

And yes I am a SPG member.

• Stayed July 2013
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear JperiodA,
Thank you for staying at the Westin Columbus and for sharing your comments. It is important for us to know when we have failed to meet the expectations of our guests and we take your feedback very seriously. Please accept my sincere apology for any lack of customer service that you experienced during your stay! I very much would like to pursue your comments with the agents you met when you checked in and checked out so that we could make improvements. I hope that you will email me directly at maheshreddy@westincolumbus.com. There is no excuse for any guest to feel that they did not receive the very best, prompt, friendly and professional service at the Westin Columbus!
MReddy

Been to The Westin Columbus? Share your experiences!