“Always A Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, OH
“Always A Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stay at the Westin Colimbus on a weekly basis and can't imagine taking my business elsewhere. The staff is incredible as they always make me feel like I'm at home. Some of the rooms are small, but the hotel is histroic and will impress you in other ways.

I send all my clients to this spot and they all enjoy the hospitality!

Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you Mr. Glass. It is easy to see why you are a favorite guest. Your courtesy and thoughtfulness is apparent in everything you do, and we all appreciate your generous review! I hope that we will continue to improve in our ability to provide the perfect experience each time you are here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Berlin, Ohio USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Location is average at best, we used it for the Columbus Marathon and its about 1/3 mile from the start and about 1 1/2 miles from the finish. Bit of a walk but very little traffic when your leaving. The building is historic which generally means its will be ornate and have some very unique characteristics but the rooms will be smaller, which is the case here as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Akbroker,
Thank you for staying with us for the Columbus Marathon. This city-wide event is always an exciting time for the downtown area. I hope that you will return in the future. We have nineteen different room configurations so there are lots of options to try, and we offer the Signature Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Bath for a good night's rest and better morning!
Warm regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at the Westin Columbus numerous times before (an alumni of TOSU who returns at least annually) I can say my most recent visit left something to be desired. I booked a King suite which was not ready upon my arrival. The front desk worker offered me a "complimentary beverage" for my inconvenience. Really? 45 minutes later, my suite was ready. not that i cant do it but--i carried my own bags up to my room?

After finally settling in the suite was perfectly acceptable, comfortable, roomy if not a bit dated. Three things are lacking--the amenities offered in the rooms are nothing special (no turn down service, personal care products are bland, etc) and charging for WiFi in 2012 when the room costs >200 per night is outrageous.

The restaurant is totally overpriced and lacks variety on the menu. Plus it was about 65 degrees each time I was in there.

All said, if and when I do return to the Westin Columbus I will skip the expense of the king suite and stay with the smaller queen.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Ed G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We make every effort to ensure that our guests can check in to their guestrooms at 3:00 p.m., but sometimes that is not humanly possible. I regret that you were inconvenienced, and that luggage service was not offered. That service, as well as the decor of our guestrooms and the amenities in the guestroom are all Starwood Standards and we know how important the details are to a guest's experience. I hope that you will return in the future and if you will contact me directly, I will be delighted to personally ensure that your guestroom is ready and that your stay is satisfactory.
Northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Westin has great access to public transportation with affordable valet parking. The room offered large comfortable beds with plenty of floor space. Starbucks coffeebar in room, decent room service (of course hours are limited), and some snack offerings are in room. The bathroom vanity is updated, the showerhead offers one or two heads, albeit the space is small and the showerdoor is "cheap" for the rest of the room's style (likely due to the odd size and need for a slider). Otherwise the hotel is clean and has friendly & helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have stayed at different Westins throughout the network. From Hawaii to Montreal, California to Washington D.C. The Westin Columbus rates right up there with the best. This is one of the best hotels we have stayed at. We arrived the day before Christmas eve and stayed just one night. Manny and the rest of the valet staff were great. Meredith whom checked us in was kind and could not have done more for us, she was so personable. Her recommendation of the restaurant in the hotel was right on the money. The room we got was fantastic. It was a king corner suite that was just huge. The GM, Mahesh was kind enough to send us a small welcome gift. James the bartender suggested excellent meals for dinner and was great to talk to as we ate in the bar. Still trying to figure out how every time we came out of our room the elevator was waiting for us.

Room Tip: There is a great breakfast place called first watch about 3 blocks away. Manny the valet did a good...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights, Friday & Saturday. Service was very nice. Hotel was very pretty. Room was cleaned & nice but very tiny. Everything was pricey for what you got. Valet wasn't worth it and expensive. The only major issue was the bartenders. They were very unfriendly & not helpful. Breakfast was nice & good food.

• Stayed December 2012
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear kmichellek,
We appreciate your feedback! We take your comments seriously and will review the issues you mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Point Pleasant, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I left my iPad in my room. I didn't realize it for a couple of hours after I checked out. When I called, housekeeping had already turned it in. I was so thankful. Thanks Westin housekeeping!

Mary Pyles

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so proud of the job that all of our associates do day in and day out. We feel that we hire only the best and it is wonderful to see that validated.