“Decent place at a really good price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Columbus North/Polaris

You added Ramada Columbus North/Polaris to your Saves list
Ramada Columbus North/Polaris
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6767 Schrock Hill Court, I-270 Exit 27, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Signature Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #65 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Indiana
“Decent place at a really good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

There is nothing extremely good or bad about this place, despite some melodramatic reviews. It has a really nice location: right at the intersection of I-71 and I-170. It allows dogs with no extra charge, and it offers the usual free self-service breakfast. The room decor is a little dated, but it seems clean and well maintained. It was very quiet and the bed was just fine. The best part of the whole experience is the price--it was very reasonable.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Warren, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

Since two of my kids live in Columbus, we make occasional trips there, and have stayed at several different hotels. This was our first time at this property, but it will not be the last!

What first impressed us was the cleanliness and orderliness of the property. Next was the friendliness of the staff. Our room, #134, was one the ot the cleanest rooms we've stayed in anywhere, regardless of price. Included were a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker.

The complimentary breakfast was very good, and included make-your-own waffles, sausage, sweet rolls, bagels, fruit, cereals and even hard-cooked eggs.

We paid $121 for two nights, the lowest rate we've seen in Columbus.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

What a great deal! The staff is very friendly, breakfast is good, bed and pillows are comfortable. We had a large room, and unlike many hotel rooms, this one had enough light. Close to expressway, but not noisy. Only downside was the noisy refrigerator!

Allentown, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I read the previous reviews and decided to book 2 nights here due to the great rate. When we arrived (at night), the parking lot was dimly lit and we were concerned about our car. Upon entering the lobby, there were at least 3 large signs stating they weren't responsible for items in your car, and to make sure your car was locked. That was a little unsettling. However, we checked in and proceeded to our room. We walked in, and the carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in months. The sheets looked like they had already been slept in that night. The furnishings were old, but I'm not usually picky about that sort of thing, but when I went into the bathroom, it was disgusting. Without getting graphic, the toilet hadn't been cleaned in weeks, and the uncleanliness of the entire room caused us to walk right out. The clerk did give us another room, which was better, but we couldn't wait to leave. The halls smelled, the ice machine looked like either food or someone got sick in it and smelled awful, and we didn't even dare eat the breakfast the next morning. We didn't stay the second night. Went to the Hampton Inn near the Polaris Mall, which was beautiful.

US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

From the glowing reviews below, I fully expected to find a clean, updated, inexpensive hotel for my stay in Columbus. I got one of the three...at least it was inexpensive.

As I write this, I am sitting in the lobby/breakfast area, listening to the staff's country music drowning out the TV provided for guest viewing in the breakfast area. The front windows and doors in the atrium are dirty and streaked. The breakfast is not bad, the usual reheated frozen sausages, pastries, and a griddle-based waffle maker. The only thing fresh are the bananas and apples...everything else came out of the freezer or can. Pretty typical for this price level.

The rooms, however are another story. In my room on the second floor, I found the following:
* Broken and missing tiles in the bathroom
* Mold behind the bathroom door
* Bathroom door is warped and will not close
* Entry door is warped and closes with difficulty
* Security lock will not work
* Drawer in desk is warped and will not fully close
* Electrical outlet above desk is partially pulled out of the wall

Perhaps one of the most annoying aspects of the room is the inclusion of a mini-fridge...right next to the head of one of the two guest beds. You have not lived until you try to get a good night's sleep listening to a freon compressor cycling 18 inches from your head for hours on end.

On the positive side, the bedding was clean and comfortable, the carpets in good shape. The air conditioning doesn't put out much air, but what does come out is COLD, so if you come into a hot room, you should be back down to 68 degrees in about four hours or so. Staff is pleasant.

The hallways, despite having a light by each door (nice effect) seems dim and can get too warm. The hallway ceiling on the second floor shows lots of cracks and discolored patches from water damage, probably from the roof.

Overall, is this what I expected from a $65-a-night hotel. Probably, but I hoped for more given the high recommendations from other travelers. The overall impression is of a hotel that was updated within the last five years, but is now being operated on a shoe-string, with needed repairs being postponed or neglected.

Mt. Vernon, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

My sister lives very close to this hotel. We used to always go to a different I-71 exit to stay, but always paid twice as much for a room. This hotel was so very clean, the pool was spotless. Any request we had was quickly handled and the staff was very pleasant. The free breakfast was nice, mostly Continental, but also had hot sausages. Plus the day we were there the staff did not rush closing up the breakfast like some hotels do, allowing late breakfast patrons (us) a chance to eat. The location is tucked up in an area, although next to I-270, is surrounded by trees and bordered by a nice apartment complex and a banquethall-turned- Policeman Fraternal Lodge. Felt very safe. The location is also on the edge of Westerville and good shopping and restaurants are just a couple blocks away. Polaris Shopping Complex is about three exits down the road, less than 15 minutes. This is now going to be my go-to Hotel for my Columbus stays!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel. Sure, the decor is a bit dated but for me having a clean place to stay is much more important that cosmetics. The kids really enjoyed swimming in the outdoor pool- which was also clean. Every member of the staff that we dealt with was pleasant and accommodating. The free breakfast included: bagels, danish, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, juices, milk, and a make your own waffle station. Breakfast was good, the only downfall was that it was very crowded- I would advise going early. Overall we had an excellent experience- for only $79.99 a night!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Columbus North/Polaris? Share your experiences!