“Would stay here again for sure!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Columbus North/Polaris

You added Ramada Columbus North/Polaris to your Saves list
Ramada Columbus North/Polaris
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6767 Schrock Hill Court, I-270 Exit 27, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Signature Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #59 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Ottawa
“Would stay here again for sure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

My sister and I stayed at the Ramada in Columbus, OH for one night in May 2009. Front desk was extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms were spacious, updated and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was delicious with lots of variety (waffle maker, juice, muffins, sausages, bagels, fruit, yogurts, cereal, etc.)

We thought it was reasonably priced and conveniently located off the interstate. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Marysville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

This is our third time we have stayed with this hotel and I thought after three great experiences this hotel and staff deserve a "thankyou". Moe the manager has always been friendly and all about service. He continues to do a great job. Everything was in great shape and the atmosphere was joyful. We had 30 adults and youth with us and I have not heard a complaint. We occupied 7 rooms and they were all great for the price. The breakfast is an added bonus!!! Thank you Moe and the staff of the Ramada Inn North. Since the change in management this hotel is getting better and better. Blessings! Enjoy!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Northwest Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

When I telephoned to reserve several rooms for family attending a funeral, they volunteered that they had a special rate for funerals. We needed handicapped accomodations, with which they were most helpful. Large rooms were appreciated since family members wanted to visit with each other in private. Breakfast was extensive, so everyone found something to please.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

We recently stayed at this hotel to break up a drive from Virginia to Michigan. Looking for a hotel at 2:00 am, we found this one and were offered a greatly reduced rate due to the time of night I believe. We found this hotel to be very clean and comfortable. Had a king room and a very comfy bed (what bed isn't comfy at 2 in the morning?). The bathroom was very well appointed and clean...nice shower. Free breakfast was much more than just continental. It included make your own waffles, sausages, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, toast, bagels, and so much more. We were very surprised and impressed.

On our return trip, unfortunately this hotel was full and we found a Quality Inn up the road, which was a huge disappointment.

Highly recommend this hotel for vacationing or traveling-thru purposes!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Abilene, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

Unlike some TA users, I seldom rank a chain hotel this high. This hotel has been rremodeled and had a mgmt change in 2006, so disregard earlier reviews that are critical. This is a nice Ramada, and a great value in a good N. Columbus location.

A friend had stayed here a month ago and loved it, so naturally I ck'd here on TA. Found the horrible reviews here, so ck'd some other sites and found some better reviews. Thought I'd give it a try for a night and am VERY glad I did. Ended up staying 4 nights.

Staff very friendly and are performance oriented. The A/C went the last day of my stay and Moe had me moved in 5 minutes. Amazing !

First room was a queen that had microwave, good fridge (w/separate freezer), a large-very comfy recliner, avg size bath, great bed, and a HUGE work-surface with four individually controlled spotlights over it. Good water pressure with fancy Moen shower heads. Wireless connectivity was excellent as well. Second room was two doubles (see photos), newer style A/C unit in this room, but otherwise similar to first room. Both were sparkling clean and well prepared. The rooms are quiet and look new.

Breakfast was above average - had all the usual pastries, bagels w/ cream cheese, make your own waffles, juice, etc. with sausage and hash browns. Folgers coffee in the rooms, not the no-name junk, and with real coffee mugs to boot.

My only minor complaint is that the hallways are too warm. It was very hot and humid during my time in Columbus (heat index 103), so can't complain too much, but it was noticeable in the halls.

At friends recommendation I tried the nearby MiMi's Cafe twice and had an incredible Reuben sandwich. Also tried O'Charlies - good steak, great chicken tenders. Other usual fast food, convenicence stores, etc. nearby as well. Very easy access to I-270 onto Cleveland Ave, then onto Shrock. Although you can see the Ramada sign it's a bit tricky finding it the first time, but worth it. Highly recommended !

• Liked — Courteous, efficient staff, breakfast, room quality
  • Disliked — Hallways were too warm
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2005

We came into town for the 2005 American Quarter Horse Congress. This was one of the only places with a vacancy - and obviously so! This motel was horrible. When we first got into our room, the toilet had been used and not flushed! The refridgerator had been turned off and all water had melted from the freezer and was all over the inside of the unit and all over the floor. The TV did not work! The ice machine in the building did not work! The computer at the lobby, set up for internet access did not work! The morning breakfast that they served was all eaten with yet an hour left of serving - and they never refilled anything! The place was dirty! They never offered to refund any of our money. We will never stay at this, or any other Signature Inn. Even if you are desperate - don't stay here!!!

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

I am not one who typically complains about much, but I feel I cannot let this one go by. My family and I had a terrible experience with the Signature Inn in Columbus, OH, and it is still unresolved. On the weekend of October 8-10 2004, my husband and I were in Columbus for a business-related trip. Since we had some spare time between meetings, our son and his wife from Ashtabulah, OH drove over to visit us on Saturday night, October 16. Our son booked a reservation at the Signature Inn, Columbus, for his stay.

When my husband and I went to the Signature Inn that evening to pick up Matt and Kellie, our son and his wife, I went to the front desk and said that I wanted to pay for their room. The clerk took my Mastercard and assured me that the cost would be credited to my account and not my son's, even though my son had initially given his card to the clerk for payment.

Within a couple of days, I got a call from my son saying that the amount of payment was debited to his acount and not mine. He said he'd called the Signature Inn, Columbus and they told him that my Mastercard was expired (which was not/is not true)....and, therefore, they charged his account...because they had his card number. By phone my son and I figured out, from the Mastercard number which they gave him on the phone as mine, that they had left out one number on my card number....and THAT was the reason it had not gone through...because the Signature Inn had made a mistake on recording (or keying in) my Mastercard number incorrectly.

I immediately began making calls to the Signature Inn, Columbus....and I was repeated told, day after day, that I would have to talk to the manager to address the situation. I was connected a number of times to the manager's voice mail and left messages asking that she (Jessica Baker) contact me ASAP to address the situation. However, she did not return my call; therefore, I kept trying to call and get her. By late Saturday night, October 16, which was a week after our son's stay, I got the manager, Jessica Baker, by phone.

At that time, Ms Baker checked on the incident, and when she quoted my Mastercard number to me...it was incorrect, with one number missing. She said that since they had an incorrect number, they went ahead and charged my son's card. I asked her to correct the mistake and charge my account instead, which she said she would do. I also asked her if there was any other way my son could be compensated (such as with a free night's stay) since their motto when answering the phone is "Guaranteed a Perfect Stay." She said that there would be no other compensation. I also told her that my son and his wife were disappointed with the room because it was dirty and they killed a number of spiders during the night. Ms. Baker again said that there would be no other compensation.

I did not argue with her because this is not how I respond to conflict. However, to this day (which is October 25), 16 days after my son's stay at Signature Inn Columbus, the original error has not been corrected...even though Ms. Baker said she would do at least that much.

I attempted to also call Ms. Baker's district manager, but in the same manner, I did not receive a phone call back after leaving a message for him to do so.

This has been a hardship on my son and his wife because they are college students, working their way through school...and even though $78.22 is not much to a lot of people, for young college students it is significant.

But even more than the money, my family and friends and I are deeply dissapointed in Signature Inn Columbus. I do not know if this is a typical kind of experience at a Signature Inn because my family and I have never stayed at one before this. We are not going to judge an entire corporation because of this one experience; however, it represents what I consider an injustice....and just poor business practices....toward my family and I. Most of all, the "Guaranteed a perfect stay" motto of Signature Inn Columbus was not a reality for my family.

I am not sure where to go to from this, but at the very least, unless my family and I receive justice in this matter, I will advise as many friends as I can tell...to be cautious about staying at any Signature Inn.

Thank you for allowing this venue for me to file this complaint.

Mary S. Butler
Madisonville, KY

Been to Ramada Columbus North/Polaris? Share your experiences!