“Terrible Experience -- Still Unresolved” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Columbus North/Polaris

You added Ramada Columbus North/Polaris to your Saves list
Ramada Columbus North/Polaris
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6767 Schrock Hill Court, I-270 Exit 27, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Signature Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #59 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrible Experience -- Still Unresolved”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

I am not one who typically complains about much, but I feel I cannot let this one go by. My family and I had a terrible experience with the Signature Inn in Columbus, OH, and it is still unresolved. On the weekend of October 8-10 2004, my husband and I were in Columbus for a business-related trip. Since we had some spare time between meetings, our son and his wife from Ashtabulah, OH drove over to visit us on Saturday night, October 16. Our son booked a reservation at the Signature Inn, Columbus, for his stay.

When my husband and I went to the Signature Inn that evening to pick up Matt and Kellie, our son and his wife, I went to the front desk and said that I wanted to pay for their room. The clerk took my Mastercard and assured me that the cost would be credited to my account and not my son's, even though my son had initially given his card to the clerk for payment.

Within a couple of days, I got a call from my son saying that the amount of payment was debited to his acount and not mine. He said he'd called the Signature Inn, Columbus and they told him that my Mastercard was expired (which was not/is not true)....and, therefore, they charged his account...because they had his card number. By phone my son and I figured out, from the Mastercard number which they gave him on the phone as mine, that they had left out one number on my card number....and THAT was the reason it had not gone through...because the Signature Inn had made a mistake on recording (or keying in) my Mastercard number incorrectly.

I immediately began making calls to the Signature Inn, Columbus....and I was repeated told, day after day, that I would have to talk to the manager to address the situation. I was connected a number of times to the manager's voice mail and left messages asking that she (Jessica Baker) contact me ASAP to address the situation. However, she did not return my call; therefore, I kept trying to call and get her. By late Saturday night, October 16, which was a week after our son's stay, I got the manager, Jessica Baker, by phone.

At that time, Ms Baker checked on the incident, and when she quoted my Mastercard number to me...it was incorrect, with one number missing. She said that since they had an incorrect number, they went ahead and charged my son's card. I asked her to correct the mistake and charge my account instead, which she said she would do. I also asked her if there was any other way my son could be compensated (such as with a free night's stay) since their motto when answering the phone is "Guaranteed a Perfect Stay." She said that there would be no other compensation. I also told her that my son and his wife were disappointed with the room because it was dirty and they killed a number of spiders during the night. Ms. Baker again said that there would be no other compensation.

I did not argue with her because this is not how I respond to conflict. However, to this day (which is October 25), 16 days after my son's stay at Signature Inn Columbus, the original error has not been corrected...even though Ms. Baker said she would do at least that much.

I attempted to also call Ms. Baker's district manager, but in the same manner, I did not receive a phone call back after leaving a message for him to do so.

This has been a hardship on my son and his wife because they are college students, working their way through school...and even though $78.22 is not much to a lot of people, for young college students it is significant.

But even more than the money, my family and friends and I are deeply dissapointed in Signature Inn Columbus. I do not know if this is a typical kind of experience at a Signature Inn because my family and I have never stayed at one before this. We are not going to judge an entire corporation because of this one experience; however, it represents what I consider an injustice....and just poor business practices....toward my family and I. Most of all, the "Guaranteed a perfect stay" motto of Signature Inn Columbus was not a reality for my family.

I am not sure where to go to from this, but at the very least, unless my family and I receive justice in this matter, I will advise as many friends as I can tell...to be cautious about staying at any Signature Inn.

Thank you for allowing this venue for me to file this complaint.

Mary S. Butler
Madisonville, KY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Henderson, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

This place has really gone downhill over time.

We stayed 8 nights. The TV reception was awful, the housekeeping staff missed our room twice, and then when they did clean, it was basically just by shoving our stuff aside and running a vacuum and making the beds. Complimentary breakfast gravy was literally water with brown lumps one day.

We spoke to the manager after the 4th day. She asked us to give her a day to settle the problems, and never got back to us. We finally got the nice guy who works the desk at nights to switch our room so we could get better TV reception (closer to the cable splitter, I was told.)

We didn't change hotels because we were very busy with a family wedding, and spent relatively little time in the room.

Run away from this place. Really.

Been to Ramada Columbus North/Polaris? Share your experiences!