“Overnight stay...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Columbus North/Polaris

You added Ramada Columbus North/Polaris to your Saves list
Ramada Columbus North/Polaris
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6767 Schrock Hill Court, I-270 Exit 27, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Signature Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #59 of 142 Hotels in Columbus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
HIGGINS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Ramada was obviously an older hotel but everything was clean and the furnishings were new. The price was great for a location with mostly expensive lodgung. Air conditioning and refrigerator a bit noisy but just the same as other places I have stayed. Service was friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

TIPP CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The room and hotel was very nice but the front desk service was very poor. I waited about 10 minutes to check in and there was 1 person in front of me and two couples behind me waiting. Everytime I went to the front desk no one was there. Had to wait a few minutes each time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here two nights. When I went to the front desk, it took 5-10 minutes for the manager to show up and check me in -- a mixed first impression of the place, but at the time I arrived the manager was tending to someone else's problem. I believe there are two issues here, but it's not the staff -- everyone here was helpful and friendly. First observation: from the time I walked into the hotel it seemed like there are people living here at least on a temporary basis. It is not unusual to find individuals hanging out in the parking lot, lobby, and halls at all hours of the night/day. One night, the management appeared to be threatening one of the tenants with eviction. Second observation: when I first walked into the room, it smelled musty and there was water leaking down the inside of the window from the a/c unit in the room above us. A towel was left on the windowsill to collect the water -- by now it was saturated and ready to be changed. I turned the a/c on to clear out the smell, and it smelled funny too at first. We came back after dinner, and it no longer smelled, so we kept the a/c on the rest of the time we were there. We decided to stay put because we were tired, satisfied enough with the room, and did not want to go from bad to worse. The beds were okay but the mattresses do not isolate movement from one person to the next. For those concerned about bed bugs -- we did not experience any problems to suggest there are bed bugs here. The bathroom is split into a sink/vanity area and a toilet/tub/shower area. The latter was somewhat dingy and did not have adequate lighting. There was some blackish substance on the showerhead and near the corners of the tub -- not sure if it was mold or just mineral deposits from the water. The pool was good if you don't mind swimming with a few spiders and bugs. The breakfast was good. There was a wide variety of foods egg-cheese omelets, waffles, biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, fruit, cereal, breads.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MANSFIELD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked two rooms the night before my mom's early morning surgery in this hotel as it is only 2 minutes drive from the hospital. For location, it is perfect. We arrived at 9 pm to find a young guy at the counter who seemed friendly enough. He assigned me two rooms. Mom's room seemed ok... My room however (once I got in, as it took three different key cards to get in, which meant running back to the reception area each time) had a huge fungus growing in the middle of the floor... I kid you not... it seemed like a giant mushroom which when kicked rolled like a golf ball leaving a stain in the carpet...
I told the desk attendant and he gave me a new room, responding "I hate our cleaners". Very professional!!
It is obvious though that the cleaning crew are unable to bend or may have sight problems as the only areas of the room that are clean are the "high spots". There were dust bunnies under the bed the size of a full grown cat in both rooms, and let's not even start with the bathtub in my room which was full of dark stains...
The bedding was quite clean, so once settled in, we were shocked out of bed by the noise made by the refrigerators (empty), which every time they came on it seemed like a jet taking off. So, needless to say, the wake up call which came at 4.30 was unnecessary... as none of us got a very good night's sleep.
For check out, we had to look for the new attendant who was hidden away in a small room on the opposite side of the reception area. I asked what to do for checkout, and he said "no probs... give'em to me... " i assumed, referring to the key cards...
I have stayed in 2 star hotels in Laos and Cambodia which were cleaner and had better service costing only 12 dollars a night. I didn't expect 5 Star service from the Ramada, but not 1 Star either!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Columbus North/Polaris? Share your experiences!