“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Dayton, OH
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed here and loved it. The room was amazing, big, confortable. It is in a great location with lots of wonderful restaurants and shopping nearby. The bed was really confortable and the flat screen tv's were great.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
cgroger, Management at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, December 18, 2009
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We hope to see you again next time your in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Anthem, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

This was our second time staying here this year.
Good large room/suite for the low priced we paid on Hotwire. Agree with other reviews that the sofas are stained, worn and should be replaced immediately. Other than that the room and bedding is A++. Elevator and hallways could have used vacuuming as well.
One thing I was VERY nervous about was that even though the area where the hotel is is very nice and NOT "seedy" , I did read reviews where people have said that their cars got broken into. See pictures posted by other reviewers. Ours did not, but it did leave me VERY NERVOUS and so I was careful to not leave anything valuable in the car much less in plain sight and prayed that our car would not be a victim during the night.
MANAGEMENT should be keenly aware of this problem since it almost kept me from booking here despite any low price. This kind of problem would put off any potential guests. That's not to say that this couldn't happen at any hotel but on this sight alone there were 2 incidents reported by unhappy guests.
One strange thing that I wanted to say is that the Fire Alarm button is right above where you push the button for the elevator. I thought that was strange and wondered how many people a day accidentally push that:)
All in all a good value for the money and close to Polaris Mall.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I'm glad to hear your overall experience was a positive one. We share all comments with our staff in order to celebratioin our successes and correct anything that might not be up to our standards. Thanks you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

This was the second time that I stayed at this hotel. This time the family came along with me. The kids slept on a pull out sofa in the sitting area. As an extra perk, there are two flat screen TV's - one in the sitting area and one in the bedroom. This hotel is located in a busy area with lots of restaurant choices and a movie theater across the street.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
cgroger, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, October 23, 2009
Thank you for your nice comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We enjoyed having you back. We are getting a lot of great comments like yours about the new flat screen televisions in the rooms. We are glad you enjoyed them.

Best regards

youngstown, ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Got this hotel on Price Line. This was a very clean hotel in a nice area of Worthingon. Loved the suite type rooms with 2 flat screen TV's. Lots of restaurants nearby. Walked over to the Winking Lizard which was very convenient. Didn;t have to get back in the car and look for a place to eat which made the trip more relaxing. Easy access to 270 and 315 if heading to OSU. The free parking was a plus compared to staying downtown. Great staff and very helpful for directions. They even printed out directions for us. They let us check in early. Would definately stay here again just for the convenience of travel to downtown.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Defiance, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Don't know why there are so many negative comments about this place....seemed fine to me.

Had a small issue on check-in. Someone with the same last name (and totally unrelated to me) got there before I did and my pre-paid reservation was given to them. However, front desk apologized and promptly took care of the issue.

The two room suite idea as a great change from the usual hotel room layout. The sofa was a bit thread bare along the cushion seams (room 410)....but not really an issue. (Some people posting here are WAY too picky) The outside of the building could use a good power washing/paint job though. Area appeared safe and decent...it's in a business park type area. Room was clean without any weird smells and quite comfortable.

Was able to get a great deal on priceline for $40 (about $54 after taxes and fees)

Only negative I can think of is no free in-room internet - but used my blackberry to connect to laptop...so really wasn't an issue for me. The in-room movies were $15?!?!?

Oh...and no evidence of duct tape on the revolving door.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We get a lot of great comment about having two rooms suites instead of a traditional hotel room. We look forward to seeing you again on another trip to Columbus.

Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

After an unsatisfactory visit a year ago, I decided to try the upgraded Sheraton. The obvious upgrade was addition of 2 flat screen TVs...one in the sleeping area and one in the seating area. Although the room is small, it feels suite-like with a sofa, French doors leading to a sleeping area, a mini frig and microwave. The bed has a thick comforter with a duvet cover leading me to believe that it is laundered more frequently than the "who knows when this was last washed?" quilted bedspreads found in many hotels. The noise level reported by other reviewers wasn't evident during our stay. The indoor and outdoor pools are nice and a small workout room is attached.

But the negatives that haven't changed were the poor service and cleanliness. The sofa has seen better days and was really filthy. There was mold on the shower ceiling.

Service was lacking. Our kids pulled out the sofa to use the bed which had a threadbare blanket. We searched for additional pillows but found none and called the front desk for two pillows and a blanket. A half hour later after no word, we called again and were told unapologetically that we could have a pillow but there weren't any blankets anywhere in the hotel. I think it's poor foresight not to have blankets and pillows in the ROOM with a sofa bed, much less in the entire hotel.

And unlike many 2 star hotels, this hotel only offers free wi-fi at a small station in the lobby which was always busy. In room wi-fi is available for a fee.

My suggestions to the management would be:

- Train staff to be more proactive...return calls to guests to update them
- Add extra pillows and a blanket to the closets
- Replace the sofas or at least have them professionally cleaned
- To attract more business customers, offer the standard free wi-fi in each room

If the management could make these changes, this Sheraton might be a winner.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
cgroger, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We welcome your feeback as it provides us with an opportunity to celebrate with our team members those areas of the hotel you enjoyed while providing points we can focus on to improve everyones experience. Our team will work diligently to impliment as many of your suggestions as we can. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope you return soon to see the changes we have made.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

My wife and I (and dog) stayed here for one night in mid-July for our "babymoon". We're Columbus residents and had a free night at a Starwood Hotel and picked the Sheraton Suites in Worthington.

My check-in was very quick and painless, the desk attendant was very prompt and courteous, called me by my first-name, and greeted me upon my re-entry to the hotel after dinner.

This is also a nice hotel for pets. There is no additional fee, all you have to do is sign a waiver saying that you'll pay for any damages caused by the pet. But the staff was very nice and even greeted my dog on arrival and offered a pet bed at no charge.

The rooms were beautifully designed, very spacious, and the bed was superb (and the 32 inch LCD was definitely a plus). The mini-fridge was great for our use, as well as the microwave and the complimentary Starbucks coffee for the next morning.

Checkout was as easy as turning on the TV, going to guest services, and checking out via remote control.

Again, a fantastic hotel, great location, and no problems for us!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!