“Good Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here one night for business. The reception staff was friendly and helpful. I liked the room, it was clean and nice. My meeting was in downtown Columbus, and this property is around 20+mins from downtown, so need to plan accordingly for morning meetings. I had a King bed with living area. Did not eat breakfast at the restaurant, but used the Club, which was good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Wow. Thank you sharing your experience with us. It is always nice to hear when someone loves their stay. We look forward to hosting you again next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kirkland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have always enjoyed and appreciated the concept of the Sheraton Suites. An upscale version of Residence Inn, the furnishings are typically higher end, and while the room has a smaller square footage, the design of the room is pleasant and unique. All true here with a great check in team and friendly staff, I just can't excuse the black mold in the bathroom grout in room 752. I had an unbelievable rate of less than $100 through work. Could it be that the rate is below what is needed to keep this hotel clean and up to date. Too bad, as it is a great location, and near restaurants and services.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate all the great comments regarding your stay. I am so sorry to hear you did have the one issue with your room. We have sent the maintenance team up who replaced the corner of the caulking that had damage to it causing water to rest their. We look forward to see you again next time you are in town.

Safe travels.
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton Suites Columbus over a weekend in April. The hotel was very busy with athletic teams in town for tournaments. The hotel handled the players and teams very efficiently. Even though the hotel was busy, things were not overwhelming. The hotel was laid out nicely and rooms were very comfortable. The staff at the front desk was very welcoming and friendly from check in to check out. We were on the Club Floor and everything was great. There are other Sheraton Suites around the country who could learn a lot from the Sheraton Suites Columbus. Overall, great stay, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice comments. We hope you can make it back to Columbus again soon!
Northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly and have always been pleased with both the product and the customer service. When I last reviewed this hotel in 2011 I thought it was great but also mentioned it was missing a couple of items that could make it even better. As a result, 3 years later, I thought I would post an update.

I'm happy to say that the Sheraton Suites now offers and in-room safe and has added a very nice (small/moderate sized) health club.

The addition of the safe was huge for me as I travel with all my electronics (laptop, iPad, mobile phones etc.) that I don't always carry with me to my various work locations each day. In the past I had to lug them all along as I didn't feel 100% secure in leaving them behind (my control issues, not that the hotel staff gave me any reason not to trust them). Now it's great having the security to mix and match my gadgets and even head out to dinner knowing that my equipment and data is secure. In addition, having the ability to blow off some steam in the health club on a brand new elliptical and/or treadmill is fantastic.

To recap from my last review, this hotel really had everything you need from a business perspective. Big desk/work area, decent lighting, coffee maker, microwave, good sized mini fridge (not just a cube) and a free bottle of water. All this rolled up in a two room suite with a big flat screen in each room. Shower pressure is still strong and the bathroom counter space is more than sufficient. My only remaining room complaint is the outlets on the desk lamps are a bit questionable. In most of the rooms I've stayed in the tend not to hold a plug too tightly and thus can stop charging or powering your device at random moments. In one case during my last stay, the outlet wigged out my iPhone and drove it into safe mode. I'd stick with the wall plugs until these are replaced.

The rooms are great, but the customer service is really why I come back. The staff is always friendly and welcoming and more than happy to take care of any requests that you have, no matter how trivial they may seem. Amy (I know I spelled that wrong, Ame?) in particular has been consistently great. She always takes care of my room requests and welcomes me back by name when I arrive. In a past life I worked as a customer service trainer for Hyatt, and if I was still in the business, I would steal her away in a heartbeat. She's a very patient and genuine person.

The location of this hotel is great as well. You can take a look at my past review for more details but you can find anything from food to entertainment in walking distance of the property. Everything from a movie theater to high end steak and seafood to mid (Chipotle) and low (Bob Evans) end chains. Something for everyone is here somewhere. If you have a car, there is a grocery store (w/booze), a Dunkin Donuts and a Tim Horton's no more than 5-10 minutes away. There is also a little restaurant called The Wine Bistro in the same diameter. Great wine selection and decent food as well. All of these are right off of N. High St. which is the main drag in front of the complex that houses the hotel and restaurants.

The hotel also offers a breakfast buffet. Good basic food, nothing spectacular, but nothing horrific either. Scrambled eggs de jour, breakfast meat de jour (bacon or sausage), carb de jour (pancakes or french toast), oatmeal, bread, muffins, packaged yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit? and I'm sure a couple of other things that are escaping me at the moment.

Hope this helps some. I tried to add to my last review without being too repetitive. Bottom line is this is my favorite hotel in this area and will return each time I'm in the Columbus area for business.

Best Regards,
Sulu

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same with the exception of the executive suites on the upper levels.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Sulu,
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We are glad you enjoyed it! We are getting a lot of great feedback about the safes.
We hope to see you again next time you are in Columbus!
Safe travels.
O'Fallon, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Room was unimpressive, badly in need of an update. Finally gave up and left the hotel at 9:30 PM due to excessive noise from un-parented children screaming and playing soccer in the halls...literally dozens of them on our floor. Lobby was nearly impassable because of soccer families with poor manners. Ruined our anniversary get-away.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if there is large soccer group staying as they get the run of the place and no one ca...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback on your stay. We are heartbroken your anniversary stay did not go as planned. While most of the youth teams that visit us over the year are very respectful and responsible it appears that was not the case with those who were around your room. For that we are so sorry. We would love to make this right and have you back again. Please feel free to email us at belong@sheratoncolumbus.com

Safe travels
Tallmadge, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The staff was very friendly and courteous. Our room was clean and lovely. The proximity to restaurants and shopping was a big plus. Will be sure to stay at the Sheraton again. They even allowed me into the room early, which I greatly appreciate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments. We truly appreciate it. The shopping around here is the best! We hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here a couple of times, using our rewards points from Starwood. If you're paying out of pocket, Starwood is a higher price than some of the other hotel chains, but if you're looking for quality, the price is totally worth it. The hotel was super clean, the staff very friendly, and helpful. We even got stopped and greeted by a floor cleaner who was working on our floor. The beds are very comfortable, bath amenities lovely. Lots of parking, the lot is well lit.

The hotel is right in the center of everything in Columbus, very close to the university, and a short drive from the zoo, which is why we were in Columbus. If you're staying on a weekday during the school year, be prepared for lots of traffic. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, and even more just a short drive away.

All in all a great hotel, and one we're sure to stay at again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Wow! We are so excited to hear what a great time you had visiting our city. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is an awesome place and in May they will be opening up a new section called "Africa" their largest expansion ever. We hope you have a chance to come back and see us again soon! The lions and tigers miss you already!

Been to Sheraton Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!