“Wonderful Property, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #53 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
cleveland
“Wonderful Property, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My mother and I visited columbus for a doctor's appt. I pricelined this property for $48 ($63.50 with tax and fees).

From the minute we got there, the front desk staff were happy, nice and just wanted to be helpful. Considering we checked in at 9:20 PM on a Friday night, I was impressed.

The room was very nice with and spacious, with a pullout sleeper sofa, two flat screen tvs.

The workout room was a AMAZING! Pool was nice (I walked by it to get to gym).

Bottom line, I would have paid double to stay here. And that is high praise indeed coming from a frugal traveler like myself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Cooke2000,
It was a pleasure having you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel has an excellent exercise room!! It has 3 LifeCycle treadmills, free weights, universal gym, stationary bikes, and elliptical machines. It also has a nice in door pool. Amy, in Guest Services, was very welcoming and helpful during my check-in, stay, & check-out. The suite is nicely accented and the deep blue accent wall of the bedroom is very nice. Internet is $10 but wifi in lounge area/business center is free. It is convenient to restaurants. The place is exceptionally clean. I named my price on one of the travel sites. I recommend the Sheraton suites & will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
SteveM4Jesus,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are getting a lot of great comments about our newly renovated fitness center. We are so glad you enjoyed it!
Lansdowne, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were nice, had a living room with a fridge and microwave. A TV in both the living room and bedroom. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly. The location is great with so many restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: If you are a SPG member they put you on special floors that you can only access in the elevator with...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
LBean23,

Thank you for the nice comments. We hope to see you again soon!
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We got a very good deal from one of the travel sites and the hotel was a lot better than expected, especially for the price! Nice lobby, plenty of parking spots, walking distance to lots of restaurants and a movie theater. The room itself was very nice. We got a King size suite for two people so there was plenty of room and I liked the french doors leading to the bedroom even though the bedroom itself was kind of small. There were a lot of people in large groups and family. The staff was friendly and gave us all the extra amenities we asked for. The only thing was that we thought it would be closer to OSU than it actually was but that's not the hotel's fault at all. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Get a bigger suite/bed for just a few more dollars.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear NewYorkHotel-Hopper,
Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel.
Trenton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked two rooms for 6 people each for this past weekend (suites that could accomodate 6 people each, with two double beds and a sofabed). I was specifically looking for a hotel that included breakfast, and I found that the AAA rate on the Sheraton website says "Breakfast Included." When we arrived to check in, I inquired about this, as I know their breakfast is in a restaurant setting, not like a Hampton or a Holiday Inn Express where you just walk in and get what you want. The woman told me that you only get vouchers for two people per room. I raised a fuss - the reservation line never gave me this information, and they let me book the room for 6 people. The confirmation email says "Breakfast Included," and it does not specify that it is only for two. She did accommodate me and give us enough vouchers for the group, but just wanted to make people aware of this if they are expecting breakfast for the entire party.

NOW - once we got past the breakfast fiasco, we were thoroughly satisfied with this hotel. The suites are very nice, with french doors separating the bedroom from the living room. The pool and hot tub area were both very nice. And yes, breakfast was great. The hotel is convenient to Polaris, but it is away from all the hustle and bustle, which is what we were looking for after spending all day fighting the traffic and shopping.

I would stay here again, and now I know what to expect when I book this rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear ucas0,
We are glad to hear overall your group really enjoyed the hotel. I am really sorry about the confusion with the breakfast. We will reach out to Starwood Hotels to insure the line that reads breakfast for “two” is more predominate. Thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very much like other Sheraton Suites I have stayed at. It is convenient to the highway and has a large selection of places to eat nearby. There is also a movie theater in walking distance. I try to stay here as often as I can when in town.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear John C,
We love having you back. Thank you for staying with us when you’re in town.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We spent 2012 Thankgiving night here and I must say I was impressed from the moment I was greeted at the front desk to final goodbye at check out! Having a fairly large family of 6 we reserved 2 rooms requesting adjoining or connecting rooms, prefering connecting as our first choice. As many of you out there with large families know, finding a hotel that can accomodate this can be fairly difficult. Upon arriving I was greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk who, with a smile on her face, set us up with connecting rooms, 1 King suite and 1 double suite. When you opened the doors to the connecting rooms it was marvelous. So much room, to move about, sit and chat, set up the laptop, it seemed like there were TV's everywhere (no arguments amoung kids about what channel to watch)! The rooms and bathrooms were spotless, and I am a real stickler about clean hotel rooms. Enough about the rooms, they were great, now on to the restaurant. It was Thanksgiving evening so we went to the lounge area where a very nice waiter took great care of us. The food was excellent even though we had already eaten our main Thanksgiving dinner earlier a couple of the kids were still hungry. We also ate breakfast the next morning there, some ordering off the menu some from the buffet, both were very very good and deserve high marks. I highly recommend this hotel for families or anyone else for that matter! For us, the perfect hotel for the perfect Thanksgiving in Columbus, Ohio!

Room Tip: Make sure to specify adjoing or connecting, connecting meaning that the rooms have a door inside tha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MikeHale,

Thank you for sharing your holiday with us. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your visit. Hopefully we will see you again next year! We’ll have the turkey ready.

Been to Sheraton Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!