“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 141 hotels in Columbus
new york
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We got a very good deal from one of the travel sites and the hotel was a lot better than expected, especially for the price! Nice lobby, plenty of parking spots, walking distance to lots of restaurants and a movie theater. The room itself was very nice. We got a King size suite for two people so there was plenty of room and I liked the french doors leading to the bedroom even though the bedroom itself was kind of small. There were a lot of people in large groups and family. The staff was friendly and gave us all the extra amenities we asked for. The only thing was that we thought it would be closer to OSU than it actually was but that's not the hotel's fault at all. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Get a bigger suite/bed for just a few more dollars.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear NewYorkHotel-Hopper,
Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel.

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Trenton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked two rooms for 6 people each for this past weekend (suites that could accomodate 6 people each, with two double beds and a sofabed). I was specifically looking for a hotel that included breakfast, and I found that the AAA rate on the Sheraton website says "Breakfast Included." When we arrived to check in, I inquired about this, as I know their breakfast is in a restaurant setting, not like a Hampton or a Holiday Inn Express where you just walk in and get what you want. The woman told me that you only get vouchers for two people per room. I raised a fuss - the reservation line never gave me this information, and they let me book the room for 6 people. The confirmation email says "Breakfast Included," and it does not specify that it is only for two. She did accommodate me and give us enough vouchers for the group, but just wanted to make people aware of this if they are expecting breakfast for the entire party.

NOW - once we got past the breakfast fiasco, we were thoroughly satisfied with this hotel. The suites are very nice, with french doors separating the bedroom from the living room. The pool and hot tub area were both very nice. And yes, breakfast was great. The hotel is convenient to Polaris, but it is away from all the hustle and bustle, which is what we were looking for after spending all day fighting the traffic and shopping.

I would stay here again, and now I know what to expect when I book this rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear ucas0,
We are glad to hear overall your group really enjoyed the hotel. I am really sorry about the confusion with the breakfast. We will reach out to Starwood Hotels to insure the line that reads breakfast for “two” is more predominate. Thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very much like other Sheraton Suites I have stayed at. It is convenient to the highway and has a large selection of places to eat nearby. There is also a movie theater in walking distance. I try to stay here as often as I can when in town.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear John C,
We love having you back. Thank you for staying with us when you’re in town.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We spent 2012 Thankgiving night here and I must say I was impressed from the moment I was greeted at the front desk to final goodbye at check out! Having a fairly large family of 6 we reserved 2 rooms requesting adjoining or connecting rooms, prefering connecting as our first choice. As many of you out there with large families know, finding a hotel that can accomodate this can be fairly difficult. Upon arriving I was greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk who, with a smile on her face, set us up with connecting rooms, 1 King suite and 1 double suite. When you opened the doors to the connecting rooms it was marvelous. So much room, to move about, sit and chat, set up the laptop, it seemed like there were TV's everywhere (no arguments amoung kids about what channel to watch)! The rooms and bathrooms were spotless, and I am a real stickler about clean hotel rooms. Enough about the rooms, they were great, now on to the restaurant. It was Thanksgiving evening so we went to the lounge area where a very nice waiter took great care of us. The food was excellent even though we had already eaten our main Thanksgiving dinner earlier a couple of the kids were still hungry. We also ate breakfast the next morning there, some ordering off the menu some from the buffet, both were very very good and deserve high marks. I highly recommend this hotel for families or anyone else for that matter! For us, the perfect hotel for the perfect Thanksgiving in Columbus, Ohio!

Room Tip: Make sure to specify adjoing or connecting, connecting meaning that the rooms have a door inside tha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MikeHale,

Thank you for sharing your holiday with us. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your visit. Hopefully we will see you again next year! We’ll have the turkey ready.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Room was immaculately clean, especially the bathroom- no stains or hairs from previous occupants. Bed was standard, but got a good night's sleep. The suite concept seems overrated, since the living room is tiny, they could have avoided the partition altogether. The lobby was crowded, but was able to check in promptly, though did have to wait for elevator (might be the slowest ever). The temperature control worked.

I could not find an in-room safe, not sure if it is not offered, and the express checkout was not working.

Room Tip: Seems all are the same.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Johndoe13,
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to share that in-room safe will be installed sometime in 2013. Until then please feel free to use one of our complimentary safety deposit boxes to store any valuables you have. We hope to see you next time you are in town.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at Sheraton Suites in Columbus for one night on business. The hotel isn't brand new, but it was well-maintained and the rooms were very nice. Modern carpet, furnishings and two flat screen TV's. The standard rooms are all suites: bedroom, bathroom, and living room. Quiet and calming.

I did not try the restaurants, room service or other hotel services because my stay was short, but all appointments looked ample. Lobby area is small, but has a business center with free wi-fi that was being used every time I was in the lobby.

Location of hotel was convenient to Dublin, Worthington, Westerville and other north-suburb areas. Convenient access to the outer-belt (I-270), I-71, and SR 315.

I booked the hotel through a discount site and received a low rate, so my SPG gold status wasn't honored upon check-in. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rob D,
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lima, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very nice hotel, looks like it has been renovated recently. Rooms are large and feature a living room and a bedroom. Very loud lobby and entrance area, lots of groups and children running around both days I was there. Got a great rate on the room so I would stay again when I am on the North side of Columbus

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JL1707,
Thank you for your nice comments. We truly appreciate it. See you again next time you are in Columbus!

Been to Sheraton Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!