“Clean and comfortable place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #51 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Lewis Center, Ohio
“Clean and comfortable place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We decided after 5 days of no electric that we would check in for the night.Very clean room and the indoor and outdoor pools were very well kept.Friendly front staff helped the whole situation seem better to the entire family.Take my advice and try this one out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear wallycoxx,

It was great hearing from you. We all know to well how the loss of power at home can really add a lot a stress to you and your family. I’m glad we were able to help you out during this difficult time. Thank you for your kind comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here for a quick stop during a long trip. Rooms were clean and nice. Our family of 4 fit nicely into a double queen suite.

Dear firemansfamily,

Glad you enjoyed your stay!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed at this Sheraton for a couple months and found it to be consistently good on all levels. Front desk was always friendly and called you by name after you've stayed there a couple times and they start recognizing you. Rooms were what you would expect from a Sheraton Suites... good sized, comfortable bed, separate couch and desk for doing work. Lots of space to do morning exercises in the morning if you don't have time to go down to the gym. Speaking of which the gym was very good, but can be quite crowded in the mornings during the week. Internet always worked when I was there (very important for business travelers). Bathrooms were average, but overall the rooms where clean every time I stayed there. Had breakfast a few times and the staff was helpful and friendly. Again, they always called you by name if you're a regular.

Room Tip: Most rooms here are fairly standard. You will rarely get a "bad" room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr_luu,

It was great having you as our guest. Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We traveled to Columbus Ohio for a family event. I should have known this wasn't going to be the best experience, as right from the start, the individual at the check-in desk was in such a hurry to get off work, I was barely able to get any questions answered. I had booked a double queen suite, but was told that my room was next to the elevator because there were only two of this type of room on each floor. Needless to say, the person sleeping on the sleeper sofa did not get a peaceful night sleep. We had four people sleeping in our room, but only three towels. The room was fairly small, the beds were uncomfortable, the sheets were scratchy and one was dirty. I had to beg for them to clean my room the next day as their excuse was they were "sold out" the night before, as if lack of service was my problem. The outdoor pool ran out of towels and the breakfast buffet was too expensive so we ate elsewhere. I have stayed in other Sheraton's and this one was a big disappointment. There are many other hotels in the area, so I would suggest staying at one of them.

Room Tip: If you do stay here in a double queen suite, ask for the one not near the elevator.
Dear chicagomember,
Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry you did not enjoy your visit. Our goal is to exceed all our guest expectations and during your visit we obviously fell short of that goal. I have reviewed your comments with the appropriate departments. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We traveled to Columbus for the Special Olympics. Our rooms were booked by the organization we competed with. Our family of 4 was crammed into a King Suite with seating for 2, a rock-hard mattress, nowhere to put our luggage, 3 dresser drawers the size of a nightstand, and a bathroom with a filthy sliding door. To top off the crummy accommodations, we were double charged for the room! We prepaid through our organization but then were slipped a bill under the door the morning we checked out. My husband addressed the charges on the credit card the night before we checked out but it was not taken care of. The morning we left we were assured it was straightened out; I'll wait to see the next credit card statement.

On the up-side, the bartender was wonderful and treated the special kids we were with respect and kindness.

Great location--yes--but there are better hotels within spitting distance with better rates, free breakfast, and much larger suites.

Dear Traveling-mom-oh,

We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had some challenges during your stay. Our hopes are that everyone leaves the hotel enjoying their stay and it sound like we fell short during your encounter. We did look into how you received a king and it was because the group had only reserved. Unfortunately at check-in there were no doubles available. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.
Youngstown, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

My friend reserved us a room for her daughters weddding, they said they needed my credit card for incidentals when i checked in, then they double charged us for the room and i still havent recieved my refund! The hallway carpets were filthy .. Hot tub was cloudy... Overall nothing special.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear mochalatten,

Thank you for the feedback. It appears what you saw on your credit card was an authorization and then the charge. The authorization is taken when you checked in to insure funds are available and at check-out the actual charge goes through. Depending on your bank it can take anywhere from instantly up to a few days for them to release the authorization. We understand this can at times be confusing. We do apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.
Lyndhurst, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night during a road trip, and I was really impressed with this property. I booked via Priceline, and received the same great service as a guest paying full rack rate.

Front desk was friendly and helpful, and the room was excellent. I remember staying at this property when I was younger, and it was still a Marriott, and my good memories from that stay came back to me on this stay. Bed was comfortable, and the tv's remote actually let me control the aspect ratio of the picture. A pet peeve of mine is the new flat screens at so many hotels that distort the picture, with no option to change it.

What really stood out was the staff's attention to detail. While I was talking to the agents at the front desk, the manager noticed I had a bandage on my hand that was coming off. He anticipated my needs, and brought out a fresh bandage.

In the morning, the staff was helpful in helping me find where I wanted to go before continuing on my trip.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear sxl95,
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We are so thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. If there is ever anything we can do for you in the future please let us know.

Been to Sheraton Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!