“Had a nice stay for 1 night.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #53 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Kentucky
“Had a nice stay for 1 night.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night before visiting the Columbus Zoo. The zoo was only about 10 minutes away.

Location~right off of the highway and easy to find. It is in on a road of mostly hotels with some restaurants. Restaurants within walking distance and several others a short drive down the road.

Check-in/out~Staff at the front desk were always very effecient and friendly. They were fairly busy every time we walked by, but there was never much wait time.

Room~Living Room area had a pull out sofa with LG flatscreen. Small refridgerator and microwave. Bedroom was seperated by french doors and had another flatscreen in there. Bathroom was large and spacious. The top of the closet door mirror was cracked, and our bed seemed to slope a little bit, but those were minor flaws.

Noise~We did not have issue with noise of any sort. There was no highway noise in our room and we never heard anyone in the rooms around us.

Pool~The indoor pool was heated and clean. There is also a hot tub that was nice and hot. They have an outdoor pool and patio area, but it was closed for the season when we were there.

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Tamara6959,
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Columbus.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Leetonia, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was put in a king suite for a 1 night stay. The light inside the room door didn't work and the knob was broken off. I didn't mention it until I left because there was enough light in the room to work. Cable didn't have HBO as an option (only Showtime), which was a bit of a downer. The bed was comfortable. The shower was great. The hallway outside my room needed swept as did my bedroom. The internet is $9.95 for 24 hours, so I didn't bother. I brought my own breakfast (fridge & microwave worked great) and they charged me $2.95 for a plate and silverware, which I wasn't expecting, but I guess it makes sense since they did have to wash everything they brought me. Overall, a good experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kristina 1124,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are glad to hear you had a good experience and would be back. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We recently visited Columbus. We stayed here for one night. The check-in was simple and the rate was fabulous. We swam in the indoor pool for hours. The pool was a decent size and the water was heated. We did rent a movie for our son and the price was through the roof, but we knew the price before purchasing. When we check-in the light in the bedroom didn't work and someone was there in within two minutes of our call to fix it. The front desk then followed up about ten minutes later to make sure all was well.

Overall a very good experience.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the sitting room while someone sleeps, make sure to bring a sheet or use the bath...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time you are in Columbus.
Aurora, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I had to take my son to the Columbus airport on a Sunday morning for a direct flight to Dever and we live southeast of Cleveland. I toyed with the idea of driving down on Saturday afternoon and staying overnight somewhere, provided I could get a decent hotel for under $75.
I put in on priceline.com for a 3 star hotel and started at $45. Not accepted, so I upped it $1 and voile', Sheraton Suites came up. I was thrilled, a $109 per night room for $46 + tax, awesome!
It was a nice hotel, free wireless in the lobby, and bed and pillows were amazing! But, I have to say there were a few things that weren't so awesome. The toilet kept running despite jiggling the handle, we were on the freeway side of the building which made for some noise (went to a drugstore and bought some earplugs), one of the glasses at the bar was chipped and cracked, and the wallpaper in the bathroom was really tired and outdated and peeling off the wall in a couple of places. The parking lot was jammed full of people, which led me to believe the hotel was booked, but there were a few events going on in the ballrooms, which made parking impossible in the front of the hotel. Arriving at 8:00, we had to park in the back, where there are signs posted that say "Park at your own risk. Hotel not responsible for personal items or car theft." Being that it basically is right next to the highway, I can see how it would be hard to catch a thief on that side of the building. Nice, reassuring. Maybe they should hire a security guard for the back parking lot.
But for the money? This was a great place to stay. Just wish we had had time to go to the indoor pool, it looked nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine and on the front side of the building, thus avoiding the tr...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Rebecca B,

It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We hope your son had a great trip to Denver.

The hotel does have parking space along three sides of the building with the North and South lots providing direct entrances to the hotel lobby. However, we find that since the North parking lot is the first one our guest come to it tends to fill quicker than the other two. To ease your concerns a bit the “Park at your own risk” signs are standard at most of the hotels in the area as a way to remind guest not to leave valuables in plan sight.

Next time you come to Columbus you’ll have to make time for the pools. The outdoor one will open in May!
Richmond Hill, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

Room nice. But 10 bucks a day for Internet feels very 1990s. In fact, even crappy motels now have free internet. Free Internet in lobby was also 1990s. Get with it guys. You're too good for this.

Stayed March 2012
Dear Grahamrobertson,

Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to hear you enjoyed the room. As for the internet charge, our system is little different than that found in most select service hotels. Without getting too technical, our state of the art system is designed to provide an extra high level of security for our government travelers with a guaranteed level of bandwidth assessable to all ports. AT&T monitors the system around the clock and provides 24 personal service for any issue that might occur. Unfortunately, with this addition capability there is a nominal fee. However, as you indicated we are happy to offer complimentary internet through our Sheraton Link in the lobby area.

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to connecting with you again soon.
Van Wert, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Overall great stay. The staff was excellent - I have 4 kids and my wife, and they did a great job of accommodating us. We forgot "floaties" for the kids at the pool, and their front desk staff made sure to find floaties for us (at a very cheap rate as well!). We needed extra towels, and their staff was there within a few minutes with them. We had a smoke alarm go off, and their pleasant staff was there in a heartbeat to fix the problem The room was very clean, and the hotel very quiet. I read a few reviews about the bathroom needing updated. Ours was just fine (we stayed in the executive level, so not sure if this is true for other levels or not). Overall - absolutely no complaints and I would certainly go back!

Dear David P,

Thank you for your nice comments. We look forward to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Nice propert easily located in the north suburbs of Columbus right off Interstate 270. Once off exit it csn be confusing to actually reach the property if it was your first time there. I love the all-suite rooms, which is noce compared to a typical hotel room. No club lounge. Hotel is always quiet when I am there and I have been there many times during the business week and weekends. Even seeing lots of kids throughout the hotel on the weekends, it was still quiet in my room. Bathroom is a bit out of date but the rest of the room makes up for it and everything is always spotless in my rooms. Not the best hotel breakfast buffet but there are plenty of restaurants and shopping within 5-10 minutes from the hotel. Front sesk staff are always welcoming upon check-in as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear David P
We are glad to here you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you back again soon.

Been to Sheraton Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!