You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus, Zumstein Dr to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus, Zumstein Dr
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6191 Zumstein Drive, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Residence Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #96 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland
“The traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I always stay at this hotel when I travel to Columbus, which is every month. It is located to all the conveniences you will need, including a movie theater. The rooms are always clean and neat. The Staff is Terrific.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
LOUISVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Convenient location off highway - 71. Rooms and property soewhat dated. Did not like the clientele of guests staying at this hotel. Also alot of raod noise from highway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

First, the room was stinking of smoke, even though it was a non smoking room. I asked if they could do something about it. It then smelled like smoke in a pine forest.
The thing that blew the experience for me was going to breakfast. My wife had surgery at Ohio State, and couldn't walk. I scoped out the breakfast area and noticed that it was on the second floor, with no elevator. No possible way to bring my disabled wife to breakfast. So, I asked the lady working in the breakfast area if I could take a plate to my wife. She snottily asked why my wife couldn't come to her. I tried to explain to her my situation, and that the room was not ADA compliant. She said " oh I guess you can take her a plate this once"
I turned to walk away and she said something to her assistant in spanish and they both busted out laughing.
I guess I didn't get the joke about my crippled wife.
You are a fool if you read this and stay there.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MILTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent size rooms. Clean. Front desk person was very friendly and wanted to help but he was very new to the job and had some issued with the check out process. Not his fault he needed a bit more training. Hotel is fine just too close to the Interstate so there was noise leakage into the room as we were at the very front of the complex.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

hawthorncolumbusgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus, Zumstein Dr, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
The proximity of the highway is indeed a pro and con for our property. It makes for easy traveling for our guests, but can be a bit noisy at times. We have quieter rooms on the west side of the property that can be requested. We look forward to having you as our guest again!
Parkersburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This property is badly run down and dirty to its very core. But worse than that, between Priceline and this Wyndham property, our trip was ruined. Being folk of very limited means, we booked through Priceline to save a little money. This was to be a much-deserved romantic trip for my wife and I after 28 years of marriage and raising 3 differently-abled children. It was the first two nights we'd had alone in several years. We won't have this opportunity again for several more. That makes this situation all the worse.
I have just gone back to the web sites (we have returned home from what we were able to salvage of our trip) and verified that I was right - I reserved a one-bedroom suite with a fireplace. The room is still offered on both Wyndham and Priceline's sites. However, there is no such room on this property, according to the staff there. The property has only sudios and penthouse apartments. I had paid extra for the suite (more than the studio) and was refused a refund by both Wyndham and Priceline (Wyndham claimed total innocence, and Priceline claimed that Wyndham was committing fraud by listing non-existant rooms).
So, there was no romantic fireplace, and no suite - just a dirty studio (VERY dirty - dirty dishes, dirty floors, dirty furniture - filth!) and an emotionally draining experience. Not to mention that we were robbed of the money we paid for the non-existant room.
I will say that the staffat the Wyndham propoerty was polite - as polite as any thief can be with their hand in your wallet. The Priceline staff was among the rudest people I've ever had the horror of speaking with.
I will never use Wyndham or Priceline again - nor any of their affiliates. I urge you to follow my lead. These people are crooks!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this property - only more chances to have your money stolen.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I regret that some information was not properly communicated and apologize for the inconvenience. I am looking into the information on third party sites regarding our hotel to ensure it is portrayed in the best possible way.
BOLTON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Between the dirty room, semi clogged bathroom sink and the presence of bugs in almost every corner of the room( reported to front desk) and the noise all night long from other close by units, it wasn't an enjoyable stay.
We even started looking in to different hotels on the second day, but were too busy with a trade show to make the move.
this is the first and last time i will ever use or recommend your hotel/motel company wide

carl lorentzen
Bolton CT

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

I truly regret that we didn't handle things better and I have followed up with my team to ensure such a situation does not occur again.
ATLANTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I look for the opprotunity to stay here every time I am in Columbus. I like the space, the privacy, and the quality of the room. It is a great value for the price, wonderful pricing and a friendly but none intrusive staff. The only complaint is the trend toward hotels to feel like they must provide spiritual literature in the room. If I want a book of mormon I know where to find one. A flat screen tv would make the room excellent rather than just great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back! We realize that our property is ready for a refresh, and have been able to put flat screen televisions in some of our rooms.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus, Zumstein Dr? Share your experiences!