“This was the most comfortable hotel stay that I have ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #107 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“This was the most comfortable hotel stay that I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I was amazed at how clean and comfortable the rooms were. It was so much nicer than I expect a hotel to be. I didn't want to leave... I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was very friendly too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

The hotel was nice. I'd stay again. It was inexpensive relatively, and there was an airport shuttle so it's good if you need to catch a flight. The suites are good. I was put in the handicap accessible room for some reason. Maybe when I booked it online it put me in that room automatically, so that was inconvenient. I don't know what the regular suites are like, so make sure you get a regular room when you book it.
The area is okay, there's a red lobster across the street. Try to stay on a Wednesday night because the hotel offers some free food and beer on Weds nights. The woman at the front desk was cool to say the least. But she won't be there for much longer, so too bad.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

The suite was huge, the kitchen had everything I could possibly need, the bathrooms were large and ultra-clean, and the showers were AWESOME (and the hot water never ran out).

My check-in time literally took less than one minute and the staff was very informed on all the nearby shopping that met my every need. The private location maximized security, yet I was only a stone's throw away from the I-70 exit and just a short drive from the airport.

I loved it and greatly appreciated the engaged assistance from the entire staff, and will stay there again next month on my next business trip.

I highly recommend this Hawthorn Suites location.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

We reserved a suite at Hawthorn over Thanksgiving when a pipe unexpectedly burst in our home. The room was awesome-- full kitchen, living room, and two bedrooms. The beds were unbelievably comfortable-- I wanted to take the bed back home with me! After a while, the kids got bored and the lobby receptionist was so sweet and eager to help find some sort of board game or cards for them to play. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

I'll be honest I was hesitant to stay here from reading previous reviews but have often found that good reviews are hardly mentioned. I don't know who wrote the other reviews but they are misguided. The rooms are amazing (best sleep I have had in a while) and the service was great. My concerns were taken care of immediately by the General Manager and I had a wonderful time chatting with the lovely Director of Sales.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

As a wedding and event planner I am always looking for hotels to meet the needs of my clients and their guest. Hawthrone Suites did exactly that. I have over 50% of the guest including the wedding party stay at this lokking and I received rave reviews. The staff was friendly and always willing to help. I look forward to bringing other groups to this location.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Windsor, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I was critical of the hotel based upon prior reviews. The location is fine. The evening staff were nice. The grounds were well kept.

The problems: First, if you need wheelchair access, the bathroom was fine. The bed are area closet does not have access. The kitchen has quasi access to the fridge and sink, but not the cooktop. There is no access to the breakfast area, and when my assistant tried to bring breakfast to me and other wheelchair users in our family, the staff prevented her from doing so. It was only after a great deal of arguing that she was able to leave with the food.

Then to top it off, upon checkout I discovered that they did not charge me the quoted rate for the accessible room, but rather nearly double the quoted rate. Our non accessible room was provided at the quoted rate. The check out clerk refused to fix the problem and told me I woukd have to wait 2 hours for the general manager to come.

There is no trailer or RV parking and a shortage of accessible spaces

The cleanliness was marginal. My daughter founf a dirty used qtip on the floor. At least one of the outlets lacked an outlet cover.

These rooms do not have a full kitchen as advertised. They have an old week cooktop and microwave and fridge

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Airport Columbus East? Share your experiences!