“The room was clean and well cared for by staff. The staff...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #101 of 142 Hotels in Columbus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tyler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Drove in late, 11 pm, to be near the airport for an early flight, 6:15 am. It was a clean quiet room. That proved me with a brief but good sleep and convenient quick access to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This room was clean but had some issues... The fireplace did not work the dishwasher was broken.. we had no water pressure..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Canton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This by far was the worst hotel expierence I have ever had and we are frequent travelers. When we checked in, the clerk was aloof and rude.It stated there would be a hold on my credit card upon check in. When I asked how much the hold was (I know they vary by different properties and amounts) I was ignored. When she asked for my card, I again asked and was told none with a smirk. Also there was a sign on the counter stating absolutely no parties or the police would be called. I was a little apprehensive that we may have booked a party hotel and not realized it. The room was decent and clean and the bed seemed comfortable. Our family went to bed around 10 and could hear people above us but attempted to ignore it. Around midnight we could hear voices screaming and yelling and stomping above us. I called the front desk and spoke to a woman who said she would call them and confirmed we were in room 314. I waited another 45 minutes and this did not stop but not we could hear people running up and down the stairs outside of our room. I then called the front desk again and stated that it had not stopped and my two young children were going to be awakened if this didn’t quit. My 4 year old who sleeps through everything was undisturbed but my 2 year old was awakened and started to whimper. After another half hour we heard a pounding at the door and voice outside. I was TERRIFIED at this point! We both knew if it was the police they would announce themselves and there was no reason the front desk would knock on our door. The pounding on the door stopped and the voices seemed to go back upstairs accompanied by the stomping. My wife then called the front desk and told her we wanted to leave but was afraid to even go outside at this point because we didn’t know what we would find. The clerk said she was calling police. The partying didn’t stop until 3:30AM. They were upstairs; they were on the stairwell and in the parking lot outside of our room cursing, screaming, and stomping. I called Travelocity in the morning and complained as it seemed the customer service at the hotel was unconcerned. I am not sure the police was ever called and I suspect if the clerk did call the room above us she informed them either advertently or inadvertently that we were the room that called the report the disruption. We left promptly in the morning.

I would advise anyone to stay away from this hotel. Its clearly a party hotel and the staff either lacks the resources or the gall to actually call the police or address partying issues. A sign on a counter will not deter and is not sufficient if this is clearly an issue. I am from Columbus and know this is on the outskirts of a shady part of town. Safety and security is something that CLEARLY needs addressed at this location.

Room Tip: Avoid any room or at least on a weekend.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Airport Columbus East? Share your experiences!