“Very Nice Stay in CBUS” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Very Nice Stay in CBUS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I recently visited Columbus, Ohio and stayed at the Red Roof Inn on OSU campus Olentangy Rd and Ackerman Rd. and was very pleased with the facilities. The place was very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful.
Applebees and fast food across the street.
I would stay there again anytime. I would recommend it to all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our property. We take great pride in our property and appreciate all reviews. The inn will be starting a major renovation program this month and we will become 1 of only 40 plus properties in the entire chain. I look forward to the next time you are here, and the review of our new PLUS property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This quote is what the manager told me the morning after I requested a room change in the middle of the night. Upon check out I asked him what was being done. He mentioned that a bed bug sniffing dog was coming and that "IF they found them, I would be comp'd that evening's stay on my card".

I'm not sure why there was a conditional there since I clearly had a terrible experience staying in his hotel. Not impressed. Equally unimpressive was how clear it is that they do not change bedding between stays - I am bald, and consequently notice when there is hair in places - in the bathroom, bedding, pillows, etc. If you can shell out a few extra $$, it might be worth it to stay somewhere else.

~Bitten

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for posting your review on our page. I am so sorry that your stay was not enjoyable. As soon as you mentioned you had a problem in your room, we moved you to another room. ( right next door) When you came to check out we discussed a concern that your room may have had bed bugs. I assured you that we would investigate and get back to you. I called a company from Angie's List and had them out that same day. The company has provided me with documentation that the 2 rooms show no signs of "bed bugs" We then contacted you with the findings. The concerns about the sheets were never mentioned until now, I can assure you we change sheets everyday. If you would like to discuss this, please contact me directly.
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Very basic nothing fancy, but it suited our needs perfectly. Close to OSU campus. Clean. Could be a little quieter with insulation so thin you hear what goes on in room nextdoor, but we managed to sleep

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your review! I appreciate all feedback! I do want to let you know we are about to undergo a complete renovation of our property ( starting in April) Along with this we are about to also become a Red Roof Plus property! This will bring extra amenities to our guest room and add a "WOW": to your stay! I hope you return again and let us know what you think!
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I recently stayed here at the Red Roof Inn, I was in town on business. I first chose a different hotel due to convenience of location. However Instead of staying all 5 nights there i stayed one and chose to stay 4 here. I came in very late. About 2am. The young man who was there was so extremely helpful. He made sure that at 2am I had a great Guest expieence. I am somewhat needy when staying at hotels ( but why shouldn't I be I'm paying for them). Anyway this fine young man made sure I had everything without complaint. He was smiling and in a upbeat mood, even at 2 A.M. One night I had complained about a noise issue and within 2 min, the noise stopped an Jacob the young man was out there talking to the guest creating all the noise. Normally i do not care to write reviews, but i give recognition where it is due. I was staying on the 3rd floor. I had my 93 Year Old grandmother with me. Jacob was so kind as to step out of the office, and help us with our luggage, and even helped get my Grandmother out of the car. He walked us to the room, made sure everything was perfect, and made my stay that much better. I think most people will agree the younger generation has lost touch with doing simple things for strangers, but not this young man. If it was not for him i would not be planning on bring myself back to this location, and the entire company i run. I have traveled to many states and stayed at hundreds of hotels. I really hope everytime i stay here that this young man is here. He has a good head on his shoulders, and as a CEO I would def hire this young man. Your company needs to recognize this young mans commitment to the company and to customer service and promote him or give him a raise, while you still have the young man in your company. If not another comapny may make it more worth his while

Room Tip: Front side is a little better. However the entire hotel will be renovated soon, can't wait to co...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property! I really appreciate your kind words and I will share this with both Jacob and the entire staff. You mentioned our up coming renovations and we are really looking forward to that! We have more exciting news, once the renovations are complete, we will become a Red Roof Plus property! This means we will be 1 of 40 properties to have this "special" title and it means even more for our guest! Looking forward to hearing what you think of the NEW Red Roof in 2014!
New Freedom, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My daughter and recently stayed here when she was visiting OSU. We have stayed in many hotels lately and this one did not impress me. I have paid about the same for much nicer places in other cities. The place was a little dark, worn and creepy. The location is good, and it's convenient to have a little shopping center across the street. The room was clean, but the sheets were thin and worn. The first night we were there I couldn't figure out why there was so much light in the room at night. Turns out the streetlamp was shining right into the room and was so bright even with the curtains closed. I should have asked for another room. I really wish I would have because the next night was a bigger disaster. Around 10 at night there were some rowdy guys in a nearby room. They were obviously partying, and they were literally yelling at the top of their lungs at times. My daughter and I could clearly hear their conversations, and every other word was the F-bomb. At 11:30 I called the guy at the front desk and complained. He told me that he would speak to them and try to calm them down. Around 12 they left the hotel (whooping and hollering as they went.) At 4am we were woken up by loud voices, loud music, and more cursing and conversations about people passing out. I called the front desk and complained again. The guy at the desk told me he was going to talk to them again. When the ruckus didn't stop after 10 minutes, I called the front desk and told him that if the noise didn't stop I was going to call the cops. The front desk clerk then admitted to me that he couldn't find the room where the noise was coming from. Since no one was registered for any of the rooms on either side of me, he claimed he didn't know which room it was. I told him that all he had to do was follow the noise! He told me he believed me, but he didn't know where it was coming from. I suggested he check the floor below me, since I had put my ear next to the walls and the floor to determine the source of the noise. I was really steamed that he lied to me when he told me he was going to talk to them "again." He had never talked to them in the first place! I guess he just hoped that I would stop complaining. Ok, I know that it wasn't he motel's fault that the guys were rowdy, but I do think they have an obligation to try to solve the problem if someone complains. I really have a hard time believing he couldn't find the noisy room at 4 am!!! The noise eventually stopped. I don't know if the threat to call the cops finally motivated him to do something about it, or if the rowdy guys all passed out! There was never another word nor an apology to me either. I will say that the other front desk clerks were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid room 313 if you like to sleep in total darkness
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am so very sorry that we did not bring "our best" customer service to you! I have spoken with the Front Desk attendant that night and I have explained "how we should have handled this situation" I am hoping in the future he handles it the "right way". I have also contacted our lighting people and will have the pole light you referenced angled down to the lot. Again, thank you were much for bringing this to my attention!

Cris Hansen
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have been staying here for many years, my wife and I can't go to far from our home due to certain things so we take mini vacations to this location. The staff is great they make it a point to know there regulars by name and know exactly what I need. They work well with me, when I request a late check out. Room is always cleaned we haven't found one we haven't liked yet. Caitlin is always pleasant and so helpful with everything. I highly recommend this place if your in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at The Red Roof Inn OSU. I'm so pleased to hear that Caitlin is so helpful and we meet your needs when you stay. Thanks for the positive feedback. Look forward to seeing you next time.

Thanks,
Stephanie
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn located on Ackerman Road. To my surprise it was one of my best stays in Columbus to date. The lobby and exterior both have been recently renovated and I was told that they are looking forward to a full room renovation in the near future. The room was very clean. The room amenities are minimal however, economical also there is a larger variety of items available at the front desk- lotion, shaving cream, razors, tooth brushes, tooth paste, irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extras of everything in the room... and all you have to do call. I was greeted within 5 minutes by a pleasant and sincere smile, more than happy to deliver my forgotten toiletries to me. It was in a very convenient location for food, campus exploration and access to major roadways. My first morning I went down to the office to get directions to where my meeting was located, unfortunately I had misplaced the slip of paper that included the address, the front desk clerk gladly searched the building, got the address, and printed out directions... I know it has to become boring if not annoying constantly doing such things for people all the time but any question or favor I needed, these people were there, ready and waiting, not only smiling but excitedly prepared to go the distance asked of them. Hands down, this corporation is very lucky to have such staff members committed to customer service. Bravo!

Room Tip: If you are booking through an online web offer like expedia and hotels.com know that whatever room t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I want to Thank You for taking the time out to tell us how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU Campus. I'm so pleased to hear that my staff went the distance to help you out. I do have a good Team and its nice to hear that from the guest. I hope that your next trip to the area will bring you back to the Red Roof Inn and we look forward to assisting you next time.

Thanks Again,
Stephanie

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!