“Friendly, clean, comfortable.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Salem, Ohio
“Friendly, clean, comfortable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My sister, her boyfriend and I needed a cheap-ish place to stay when returning from a concert at the LC. I found the staff incredibly nice and the rooms were clean and cool - after a few hours in the sun, it felt good to come back to the AC. I would stay here again in a minute!

Room Tip: The King Bed rooms are large and the beds are comfy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof OSU Campus. I'm so glad that we were able meet your needs, well staying here. Hopefully we will see you the next time your in the area.

Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

So. The red roof in is whatever when it comes to to rooms and amenities. Kind of a you get what you pay for scenario. What really made this place special was how cool and helpful the front desk employees were. Usually you get some person that you won't even remember two minutes later that coldly runs through the soulless front procedure and that's that. Caitlin & Jacob make the other front desk hotel workers in the world look like dead corpses like weekend at Bernie's. they had so much personality, they were extremely helpful, and we decided to extend our stay even though we found cheaper deals elsewhere. That red roof inn is magically & its the only hotel ill go to now in Columbus, Ohio. And this is coming from someone that doesn't usually care about this kind of stuff. :)

• Stayed July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to let me know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU campus. I’m so please that Caitlin and Jacob did such a great job. They are an asset to my team; I let them know that you were so please. Thank you again for taking the time to leave such a positive comment.
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The only drawback to this hotel is that the rooms are dated and depressing. But who cares, because the grounds are beautifully kept, and the location--walking distance to a grocery store and places to eat--is amazing. I brought my bike and my dog, because we a couple blocks south of the beautiful, shady Olentangy River trail. This trail starts off behind the cemetary, and it starts off with some Wetlands "of national importance"--definitely worth a walk-through to see the egrets and other wildlife. Go to the right on the trail, and you're on your way to OSU. In the other direction, the trail crosses the river, and my dog and I enjoyed a swim. What a great location!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I'm sorry to hear about the rooms not being up to date. We are currently working on getting a remodel so hopefully that will occur in the near future. I'm glad the rest of your stay was positive and thank you for the positive comments about the landscaping. I hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Fridge and microwave as typical Red Roof Inn. Nice working space. Large safe deposit box, which is big enough to keep laptop computer.
After the renovation the room will be with wooden floor. The manager was very enthusiastic to make this hotel great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. We are hoping in the up coming months to have a renovation to make us a better property. I was glad that we were able to accomadate you well you were in the area.

Stepahnie
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a great stay at the Red Roof Inn. My party stayed for the weekend and everyone of the staff was great. The maintenance man "Mike" is the reason the stay was great. Hes was very helpful all weekend by giving me advice on where to eat, shop, and just general friendliness. Every time I saw him he took the time to stop and ask If I needed anything. There is normally much that set the budget hotels apart form each other but In this case he is the reason why me and my party will be staying at this hotel next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let me know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU Campus. I’m very pleased to read that Mike was such a help to you well you were on property. He is a assist to my team and it’s nice to see that other people notice that. Thank you again and I hope to see you the next time you’re in the area.
Steph
McConnelsville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had no problems with the motel or the service. I needed a place near Riverside Methodist Hospital where my son was having an outpatient procedure that required a multi-day stay. The first floor room with a microwave and refrigerator was clean and comfortable. This being said NEVER NEVER book your hotel rooms through ROADSIDE AMERICA. I should have used Trip Advisor. I needed the room for 3 days and the first reservation I made only had the first 2 on it. I immediately canceled that reservation and rebooked for the 3 nights. My stay was fine but when I checked my credit card they had charged me for the first reservation plus a service fee of over 20 dollars. They did refund one nights stay but kept the rest plus charged me another service fee of over 20 dollars. They made about $120 in 5-7 minutes tops. I have tried to talk to them and the first lady was in India and the 2nd said she was in Mexico...ROADSIDE who? I am disputing these charges through my credit card company

Room Tip: Plenty of restaurants to choose from in the strip mall next door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. I’m glad to hear that we were about to meet your needs. I’m sorry to hear that Roadside America caused you such problems. I would call them and ask for the manager to see if they can help you resolve the issues with your credit card. If you call 1800RedRoof next time you need to stay or the Inn directly we will be able to avoid any over charges. Thanks again for letting us help you out with your hotel needs. Hopefully we will see you next time you’re in the area.
Thanks,
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had a great stay at the Red Roof Inn. I stayed for 3 nights and was attending the Rock on the Range music festival at Crew Stadium. The hotel was very handy to the venue, being only about 4 miles away. I was immediately impressed upon check-in by the high standard of service provided by the two ladies at the front desk. They were extremely friendly and helpful in providing information. I had a room which was a good size and had two queen beds. It was immaculately cleaned. The hotel is straight across the road from a number of restaurants and other shops. I would happily return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I'm glad to hear we able to provide you with great customer service. My Staff love to hear when we are doing a great job. Hopefully we will see you next year :)
Steph

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!