“Renovation to become a gread red roof inn” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH 43202   |
Ranked #25 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Bowie, Maryland
“Renovation to become a gread red roof inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Fridge and microwave as typical Red Roof Inn. Nice working space. Large safe deposit box, which is big enough to keep laptop computer.
After the renovation the room will be with wooden floor. The manager was very enthusiastic to make this hotel great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. We are hoping in the up coming months to have a renovation to make us a better property. I was glad that we were able to accomadate you well you were in the area.

Stepahnie

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a great stay at the Red Roof Inn. My party stayed for the weekend and everyone of the staff was great. The maintenance man "Mike" is the reason the stay was great. Hes was very helpful all weekend by giving me advice on where to eat, shop, and just general friendliness. Every time I saw him he took the time to stop and ask If I needed anything. There is normally much that set the budget hotels apart form each other but In this case he is the reason why me and my party will be staying at this hotel next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let me know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU Campus. I’m very pleased to read that Mike was such a help to you well you were on property. He is a assist to my team and it’s nice to see that other people notice that. Thank you again and I hope to see you the next time you’re in the area.
Thanks
Steph
McConnelsville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had no problems with the motel or the service. I needed a place near Riverside Methodist Hospital where my son was having an outpatient procedure that required a multi-day stay. The first floor room with a microwave and refrigerator was clean and comfortable. This being said NEVER NEVER book your hotel rooms through ROADSIDE AMERICA. I should have used Trip Advisor. I needed the room for 3 days and the first reservation I made only had the first 2 on it. I immediately canceled that reservation and rebooked for the 3 nights. My stay was fine but when I checked my credit card they had charged me for the first reservation plus a service fee of over 20 dollars. They did refund one nights stay but kept the rest plus charged me another service fee of over 20 dollars. They made about $120 in 5-7 minutes tops. I have tried to talk to them and the first lady was in India and the 2nd said she was in Mexico...ROADSIDE who? I am disputing these charges through my credit card company

Room Tip: Plenty of restaurants to choose from in the strip mall next door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. I’m glad to hear that we were about to meet your needs. I’m sorry to hear that Roadside America caused you such problems. I would call them and ask for the manager to see if they can help you resolve the issues with your credit card. If you call 1800RedRoof next time you need to stay or the Inn directly we will be able to avoid any over charges. Thanks again for letting us help you out with your hotel needs. Hopefully we will see you next time you’re in the area.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had a great stay at the Red Roof Inn. I stayed for 3 nights and was attending the Rock on the Range music festival at Crew Stadium. The hotel was very handy to the venue, being only about 4 miles away. I was immediately impressed upon check-in by the high standard of service provided by the two ladies at the front desk. They were extremely friendly and helpful in providing information. I had a room which was a good size and had two queen beds. It was immaculately cleaned. The hotel is straight across the road from a number of restaurants and other shops. I would happily return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I'm glad to hear we able to provide you with great customer service. My Staff love to hear when we are doing a great job. Hopefully we will see you next year :)
Thanks
Steph
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place was great, I usually travel and stay at budget motels so that I can keep the cost so usually I get what I pay for. But this time I got more then what I paid for. The Staff was great, from the ladies on the desk that accommodated me with an early check in, right down to the Maintenance guy picking up the grounds. The rooms were smaller but were exactly what I needed, very clean and smelled great. Furniture needs to be updated but my bed was extremely comfortable.These people really looked like they enjoyed there jobs, which you don't find to often. The location so convenient to restaurants and a few local bars. I will definitely be staying here when I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you taking the time to let me know how the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I’m lucky to have a staff that really enjoys their jobs, and I’m glad you were able to see that. I hope we see you the next time you are in the area.
Morrow, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Check-in went smoothly. Was able to check-in prior to the standard check-in time. Pam was very cheery.

Stayed on the main floor, 2bed micro/fridge room. Bed needs replaced, but the linens were clean and bug free. Carpet didn't leave my socks filthy like many same rate hotels do. There were no odors in this room.

Bathroom could've used a good scrub down (walls and behind door), but it wasn't "filthy". No hairdryer in room, but a quick call to front desk and a short walk, one was in hand. Great water pressure and hot water (was a sell out, so that did have me worried).

McD's, Applebees, Kroger's are just a few feet away. OSU buildings are a short drive. (Many may be able to walk).

Since I was only in the room to sleep off a concert, this was all I needed. Will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I do want to apologize for the bathroom not being cleaned up to standards that is not the normal practice for my housekeepers. I’m glad that we meet your needs well you were in the area and hopefully we will see you next time.
Moundsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn on campus near the OSU hospital. It was a very pleasant surprise for me. I thought it might be a little rough, given that it had all the doors on the outside of building. I went and in was greatly by a very friendly face, I believe her name was Stephanie. I was early but it had been a long day and I was hoping they would have a room and let me check in. The girl on the other side of the counter said if I have one clean it’s all yours. So she started to check me in, there computer system was running slow so she asked me why I was there and if I needed assistance with anything. I had come in because my husband needed Emergency surgery, the desk girl was just great she let me know that there was availability thru the weekend and she would do her best to hold my rate since she understood this was not planned. I took my keys and went to my room, when I opened the door I was pleasantly surprised. The room smelled great, everything was cleaned. I needed to take a shower and nap before returning to the hospital. The beds were so comfortable and the pressure of the shower is great. Did I mention that any kind of food you want is pretty much in walking distance? This is a great place and I will be back when my husband comes down for treatment.

Room Tip: No Breakfast, but coffee makers in the rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad I was able to make your stay in Columbus a little easier. I hope everything worked out well with your husband. I hope to see you the next time you are in the area. If I can assist you the next time you are in the area please let me know.

Thanks Again,
Stephanie

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!