“Good place with good rates” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH 43202   |
Ranked #26 of 140 hotels in Columbus
McConnelsville, Ohio
“Good place with good rates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had no problems with the motel or the service. I needed a place near Riverside Methodist Hospital where my son was having an outpatient procedure that required a multi-day stay. The first floor room with a microwave and refrigerator was clean and comfortable. This being said NEVER NEVER book your hotel rooms through ROADSIDE AMERICA. I should have used Trip Advisor. I needed the room for 3 days and the first reservation I made only had the first 2 on it. I immediately canceled that reservation and rebooked for the 3 nights. My stay was fine but when I checked my credit card they had charged me for the first reservation plus a service fee of over 20 dollars. They did refund one nights stay but kept the rest plus charged me another service fee of over 20 dollars. They made about $120 in 5-7 minutes tops. I have tried to talk to them and the first lady was in India and the 2nd said she was in Mexico...ROADSIDE who? I am disputing these charges through my credit card company

Room Tip: Plenty of restaurants to choose from in the strip mall next door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. I’m glad to hear that we were about to meet your needs. I’m sorry to hear that Roadside America caused you such problems. I would call them and ask for the manager to see if they can help you resolve the issues with your credit card. If you call 1800RedRoof next time you need to stay or the Inn directly we will be able to avoid any over charges. Thanks again for letting us help you out with your hotel needs. Hopefully we will see you next time you’re in the area.

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had a great stay at the Red Roof Inn. I stayed for 3 nights and was attending the Rock on the Range music festival at Crew Stadium. The hotel was very handy to the venue, being only about 4 miles away. I was immediately impressed upon check-in by the high standard of service provided by the two ladies at the front desk. They were extremely friendly and helpful in providing information. I had a room which was a good size and had two queen beds. It was immaculately cleaned. The hotel is straight across the road from a number of restaurants and other shops. I would happily return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I'm glad to hear we able to provide you with great customer service. My Staff love to hear when we are doing a great job. Hopefully we will see you next year :)
Thanks
Steph
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place was great, I usually travel and stay at budget motels so that I can keep the cost so usually I get what I pay for. But this time I got more then what I paid for. The Staff was great, from the ladies on the desk that accommodated me with an early check in, right down to the Maintenance guy picking up the grounds. The rooms were smaller but were exactly what I needed, very clean and smelled great. Furniture needs to be updated but my bed was extremely comfortable.These people really looked like they enjoyed there jobs, which you don't find to often. The location so convenient to restaurants and a few local bars. I will definitely be staying here when I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you taking the time to let me know how the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I’m lucky to have a staff that really enjoys their jobs, and I’m glad you were able to see that. I hope we see you the next time you are in the area.
Morrow, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Check-in went smoothly. Was able to check-in prior to the standard check-in time. Pam was very cheery.

Stayed on the main floor, 2bed micro/fridge room. Bed needs replaced, but the linens were clean and bug free. Carpet didn't leave my socks filthy like many same rate hotels do. There were no odors in this room.

Bathroom could've used a good scrub down (walls and behind door), but it wasn't "filthy". No hairdryer in room, but a quick call to front desk and a short walk, one was in hand. Great water pressure and hot water (was a sell out, so that did have me worried).

McD's, Applebees, Kroger's are just a few feet away. OSU buildings are a short drive. (Many may be able to walk).

Since I was only in the room to sleep off a concert, this was all I needed. Will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I do want to apologize for the bathroom not being cleaned up to standards that is not the normal practice for my housekeepers. I’m glad that we meet your needs well you were in the area and hopefully we will see you next time.
Moundsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn on campus near the OSU hospital. It was a very pleasant surprise for me. I thought it might be a little rough, given that it had all the doors on the outside of building. I went and in was greatly by a very friendly face, I believe her name was Stephanie. I was early but it had been a long day and I was hoping they would have a room and let me check in. The girl on the other side of the counter said if I have one clean it’s all yours. So she started to check me in, there computer system was running slow so she asked me why I was there and if I needed assistance with anything. I had come in because my husband needed Emergency surgery, the desk girl was just great she let me know that there was availability thru the weekend and she would do her best to hold my rate since she understood this was not planned. I took my keys and went to my room, when I opened the door I was pleasantly surprised. The room smelled great, everything was cleaned. I needed to take a shower and nap before returning to the hospital. The beds were so comfortable and the pressure of the shower is great. Did I mention that any kind of food you want is pretty much in walking distance? This is a great place and I will be back when my husband comes down for treatment.

Room Tip: No Breakfast, but coffee makers in the rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad I was able to make your stay in Columbus a little easier. I hope everything worked out well with your husband. I hope to see you the next time you are in the area. If I can assist you the next time you are in the area please let me know.

Thanks Again,
Decatur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

There was nothing at all fancy about this hotel - no special amenities - but it was clean, comfortable and staff was friendly and helpful. Since I was just stopping over on my way to Pennsylvania, it was perfect. The only caution I would have is that I was there on a Monday night and it was really quiet, but being a university location (and very close), it could be rowdy on the weekend (but I don't know that from experience, just something to keep in mind).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad that we were able to meet your needs well you were staying here. It is a usually a very quiet location and my staff works hard to make sure that it stays that way during the busy nights as well. Hopefully we will see you the next time you are in the area.
Northfield, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had to trailer our horse down to OSU Veterinary Hosital for an issue with his eye. He was undergoing surgery and needed to stay overnight. We have dogs and weren't able to get a pet sitter so we had to bring them along with us. Red Roof Inn allows pets. We were thrilled to find a Hotel so close to OSU and pet friendly. The staff was great in assisting us. The room was wonderful (nice and clean). They also gave us a discount because we were at OSU Veterinary Hospital. Red Roof really helped make a scary situation a lot less stressful.
We were very pleased and would use them anytime we're in the Columbus area.

P.S. In case your wondering about our horse - he is doing just great.

Room Tip: If you can - call ahead for a reservation. The college sometimes has events that can fill rooms fas...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I’m so pleased that we were able to accommodate your needs when you were in the area. Pets are family too, so I’m glad you could bring them along. I’m sorry to hear about the reason for the visit but I’m glad the horse is doing well. Hopefully you can stay next time you are in the area and get to do something more pleasant and not so stressful. Thanks again for your review :) I'm glad to hear the horse is doing well OSU Vet. is one of the best.
Stephanie

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!