“Nice hotel and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Columbus-The Ohio State University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH 43202   |
Ranked #32 of 139 hotels in Columbus
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nice hotel and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had a great stay at the Red Roof Inn. I stayed for 3 nights and was attending the Rock on the Range music festival at Crew Stadium. The hotel was very handy to the venue, being only about 4 miles away. I was immediately impressed upon check-in by the high standard of service provided by the two ladies at the front desk. They were extremely friendly and helpful in providing information. I had a room which was a good size and had two queen beds. It was immaculately cleaned. The hotel is straight across the road from a number of restaurants and other shops. I would happily return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I'm glad to hear we able to provide you with great customer service. My Staff love to hear when we are doing a great job. Hopefully we will see you next year :)
Thanks
Steph

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place was great, I usually travel and stay at budget motels so that I can keep the cost so usually I get what I pay for. But this time I got more then what I paid for. The Staff was great, from the ladies on the desk that accommodated me with an early check in, right down to the Maintenance guy picking up the grounds. The rooms were smaller but were exactly what I needed, very clean and smelled great. Furniture needs to be updated but my bed was extremely comfortable.These people really looked like they enjoyed there jobs, which you don't find to often. The location so convenient to restaurants and a few local bars. I will definitely be staying here when I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you taking the time to let me know how the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I’m lucky to have a staff that really enjoys their jobs, and I’m glad you were able to see that. I hope we see you the next time you are in the area.
Morrow, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Check-in went smoothly. Was able to check-in prior to the standard check-in time. Pam was very cheery.

Stayed on the main floor, 2bed micro/fridge room. Bed needs replaced, but the linens were clean and bug free. Carpet didn't leave my socks filthy like many same rate hotels do. There were no odors in this room.

Bathroom could've used a good scrub down (walls and behind door), but it wasn't "filthy". No hairdryer in room, but a quick call to front desk and a short walk, one was in hand. Great water pressure and hot water (was a sell out, so that did have me worried).

McD's, Applebees, Kroger's are just a few feet away. OSU buildings are a short drive. (Many may be able to walk).

Since I was only in the room to sleep off a concert, this was all I needed. Will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I do want to apologize for the bathroom not being cleaned up to standards that is not the normal practice for my housekeepers. I’m glad that we meet your needs well you were in the area and hopefully we will see you next time.
Moundsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn on campus near the OSU hospital. It was a very pleasant surprise for me. I thought it might be a little rough, given that it had all the doors on the outside of building. I went and in was greatly by a very friendly face, I believe her name was Stephanie. I was early but it had been a long day and I was hoping they would have a room and let me check in. The girl on the other side of the counter said if I have one clean it’s all yours. So she started to check me in, there computer system was running slow so she asked me why I was there and if I needed assistance with anything. I had come in because my husband needed Emergency surgery, the desk girl was just great she let me know that there was availability thru the weekend and she would do her best to hold my rate since she understood this was not planned. I took my keys and went to my room, when I opened the door I was pleasantly surprised. The room smelled great, everything was cleaned. I needed to take a shower and nap before returning to the hospital. The beds were so comfortable and the pressure of the shower is great. Did I mention that any kind of food you want is pretty much in walking distance? This is a great place and I will be back when my husband comes down for treatment.

Room Tip: No Breakfast, but coffee makers in the rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad I was able to make your stay in Columbus a little easier. I hope everything worked out well with your husband. I hope to see you the next time you are in the area. If I can assist you the next time you are in the area please let me know.

Thanks Again,
Decatur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

There was nothing at all fancy about this hotel - no special amenities - but it was clean, comfortable and staff was friendly and helpful. Since I was just stopping over on my way to Pennsylvania, it was perfect. The only caution I would have is that I was there on a Monday night and it was really quiet, but being a university location (and very close), it could be rowdy on the weekend (but I don't know that from experience, just something to keep in mind).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad that we were able to meet your needs well you were staying here. It is a usually a very quiet location and my staff works hard to make sure that it stays that way during the busy nights as well. Hopefully we will see you the next time you are in the area.
Northfield, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had to trailer our horse down to OSU Veterinary Hosital for an issue with his eye. He was undergoing surgery and needed to stay overnight. We have dogs and weren't able to get a pet sitter so we had to bring them along with us. Red Roof Inn allows pets. We were thrilled to find a Hotel so close to OSU and pet friendly. The staff was great in assisting us. The room was wonderful (nice and clean). They also gave us a discount because we were at OSU Veterinary Hospital. Red Roof really helped make a scary situation a lot less stressful.
We were very pleased and would use them anytime we're in the Columbus area.

P.S. In case your wondering about our horse - he is doing just great.

Room Tip: If you can - call ahead for a reservation. The college sometimes has events that can fill rooms fas...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I’m so pleased that we were able to accommodate your needs when you were in the area. Pets are family too, so I’m glad you could bring them along. I’m sorry to hear about the reason for the visit but I’m glad the horse is doing well. Hopefully you can stay next time you are in the area and get to do something more pleasant and not so stressful. Thanks again for your review :) I'm glad to hear the horse is doing well OSU Vet. is one of the best.
Hillsboro, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Excellent customer service with check-in and out, especially Stephanie. Price was good for the area when booking online ahead of time. Hotel was sold out for the night due to a concert. Great location for Schoettinstein Center. Our room was located on the 3rd floor. Good pressure and hot water availability. No odors. Now for the bad stuff-The ceiling had 2 areas where it was drooping down. There was a dirty washcloth hanging on the rod over the shower curtain when we initially walked in. The wall light covers had been painted over and the paint was peeling off. The heater made an awful clicking noise all night. The walls between the rooms did not barrier sound from other rooms very well. (We could here the people next door talking with much clarity and they were not even being very loud.) The noise from the street was also very bothersome...Noise flowed in like our door had been left open. When doing my usual bed bug check, I noticed the mattress was dated from March, 1996-17 years old? I did not notice any buggies at that time, however, my sister found 3 bed bugs on her the next morning after we had checked out and while having breakfast. (As a nurse, I know what bed bugs look like!) I called the hotel to report the bugs to the manager and they took the matter very seriously. They assured me that they would check the room and fumigate as needed. I always try to be fair and be optimistic when grading hotels and as I said earlier, they had great customer service and followup but I don't think I'll stay there again. Sorry, Red Roof.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your stay at our inn. I’m pleased that we were able to provide you with excellent customer service. I do want to apologize for the room not meeting your expectations as far cleanliness. I also wanted to let you know that this location will be going thru a renovation soon and I hope that you give us another chance after it is completed. I wanted to let you know that the room was inspected by our outside vendor and fully passed their inspection. I do want to thank you for bringing your concerns up to myself and my team so that we can make improvements.
Thanks
Stephanie

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!