“Nothing fancy, but good” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH 43202   |
Ranked #32 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Decatur
“Nothing fancy, but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

There was nothing at all fancy about this hotel - no special amenities - but it was clean, comfortable and staff was friendly and helpful. Since I was just stopping over on my way to Pennsylvania, it was perfect. The only caution I would have is that I was there on a Monday night and it was really quiet, but being a university location (and very close), it could be rowdy on the weekend (but I don't know that from experience, just something to keep in mind).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad that we were able to meet your needs well you were staying here. It is a usually a very quiet location and my staff works hard to make sure that it stays that way during the busy nights as well. Hopefully we will see you the next time you are in the area.
Thanks,
Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Northfield, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had to trailer our horse down to OSU Veterinary Hosital for an issue with his eye. He was undergoing surgery and needed to stay overnight. We have dogs and weren't able to get a pet sitter so we had to bring them along with us. Red Roof Inn allows pets. We were thrilled to find a Hotel so close to OSU and pet friendly. The staff was great in assisting us. The room was wonderful (nice and clean). They also gave us a discount because we were at OSU Veterinary Hospital. Red Roof really helped make a scary situation a lot less stressful.
We were very pleased and would use them anytime we're in the Columbus area.

P.S. In case your wondering about our horse - he is doing just great.

Room Tip: If you can - call ahead for a reservation. The college sometimes has events that can fill rooms fas...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I’m so pleased that we were able to accommodate your needs when you were in the area. Pets are family too, so I’m glad you could bring them along. I’m sorry to hear about the reason for the visit but I’m glad the horse is doing well. Hopefully you can stay next time you are in the area and get to do something more pleasant and not so stressful. Thanks again for your review :) I'm glad to hear the horse is doing well OSU Vet. is one of the best.
Hillsboro, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Excellent customer service with check-in and out, especially Stephanie. Price was good for the area when booking online ahead of time. Hotel was sold out for the night due to a concert. Great location for Schoettinstein Center. Our room was located on the 3rd floor. Good pressure and hot water availability. No odors. Now for the bad stuff-The ceiling had 2 areas where it was drooping down. There was a dirty washcloth hanging on the rod over the shower curtain when we initially walked in. The wall light covers had been painted over and the paint was peeling off. The heater made an awful clicking noise all night. The walls between the rooms did not barrier sound from other rooms very well. (We could here the people next door talking with much clarity and they were not even being very loud.) The noise from the street was also very bothersome...Noise flowed in like our door had been left open. When doing my usual bed bug check, I noticed the mattress was dated from March, 1996-17 years old? I did not notice any buggies at that time, however, my sister found 3 bed bugs on her the next morning after we had checked out and while having breakfast. (As a nurse, I know what bed bugs look like!) I called the hotel to report the bugs to the manager and they took the matter very seriously. They assured me that they would check the room and fumigate as needed. I always try to be fair and be optimistic when grading hotels and as I said earlier, they had great customer service and followup but I don't think I'll stay there again. Sorry, Red Roof.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your stay at our inn. I’m pleased that we were able to provide you with excellent customer service. I do want to apologize for the room not meeting your expectations as far cleanliness. I also wanted to let you know that this location will be going thru a renovation soon and I hope that you give us another chance after it is completed. I wanted to let you know that the room was inspected by our outside vendor and fully passed their inspection. I do want to thank you for bringing your concerns up to myself and my team so that we can make improvements.
Haskins, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been staying at this Red Roof for the past 10 years. The rooms are always clean, staff is exceptional and it is in a great location by OSU. Whenever we have stayed there the staff have been excellent. Team member Mike was in the office when I went in to ask for clean linens before I left for the wrestling tournament. I was told it would take a few minutes. Team member Mike offered to deliver them to the room so that I could leave. When I returned everything was in the room. Awesome!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I want to take a moment to Thank You for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I’m glad we were able to give you everything you needed well staying here. Mike is truly an asset to my team and I will let him know he help make your stay positive. I hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed one night for my sister's graduation. The room was clean and inexpensive. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. And the hotel was conveniently located right off 315 with several restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance. I'd stay there again. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU location. Congratulations on your sister’s graduation, I’m glad we were able to meet your needs well you were staying in the area. I hope to see you next time you are in the area.
Kent, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed here several times while attending meetings in the area. The rooms are more than adequate, the location can't be beat, and the staff is outstanding. Pam is particularly amazing. She's friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. I haven't had a bad experience here yet and am sure I'll stay here in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at Red Roof Inn OSU. Pam is a great team member and I’m very lucky to have her on my staff. I’m glad that we can meet your needs when you are in the area. I hope to see you next time you are in Columbus.
Steph
Wilmington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We needed to stay in columbus for a gymnastics meet with 2 small children. This place was very affordable and super close to the expo center. The beds were small (full instead of queen) and the coffee maker in the room looked ancient. But, it served our needs for a great price

• Stayed February 2013
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing at the Red Roof Inn Columbus OSU. I’m glad to hear we could accommodate your needs well you were in the area. I will make sure to let Corp. know about the coffee makers, those are not that old but the style may make it seems that way. Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Stephanie

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!