“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Haskins, Ohio
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been staying at this Red Roof for the past 10 years. The rooms are always clean, staff is exceptional and it is in a great location by OSU. Whenever we have stayed there the staff have been excellent. Team member Mike was in the office when I went in to ask for clean linens before I left for the wrestling tournament. I was told it would take a few minutes. Team member Mike offered to deliver them to the room so that I could leave. When I returned everything was in the room. Awesome!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I want to take a moment to Thank You for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I’m glad we were able to give you everything you needed well staying here. Mike is truly an asset to my team and I will let him know he help make your stay positive. I hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed one night for my sister's graduation. The room was clean and inexpensive. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. And the hotel was conveniently located right off 315 with several restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance. I'd stay there again. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU location. Congratulations on your sister’s graduation, I’m glad we were able to meet your needs well you were staying in the area. I hope to see you next time you are in the area.
Kent, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed here several times while attending meetings in the area. The rooms are more than adequate, the location can't be beat, and the staff is outstanding. Pam is particularly amazing. She's friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. I haven't had a bad experience here yet and am sure I'll stay here in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at Red Roof Inn OSU. Pam is a great team member and I’m very lucky to have her on my staff. I’m glad that we can meet your needs when you are in the area. I hope to see you next time you are in Columbus.
Steph
Wilmington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We needed to stay in columbus for a gymnastics meet with 2 small children. This place was very affordable and super close to the expo center. The beds were small (full instead of queen) and the coffee maker in the room looked ancient. But, it served our needs for a great price

• Stayed February 2013
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing at the Red Roof Inn Columbus OSU. I’m glad to hear we could accommodate your needs well you were in the area. I will make sure to let Corp. know about the coffee makers, those are not that old but the style may make it seems that way. Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn because I was here for the Maroon 5 concert. The location is in walking distance to the venue and extremely easy to get too. Not to mention the multiply place in walking distance to eat and have a few drink before or after the show. The desk was very informative gave us great direction so that we were able to walk safely. They also handed us a cab card on the way out the door just in case the walk there was too much after the show so we could get back to our room. The room was basic but extremely clean and the checkout person in the morning was extremely pleasant even with us running a little bit late. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
I want to Thank You for taking the time out to let me know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad to hear that the staff was helpful and that we could provide you a clean room. I hope to see you the next time you are the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean the room was comfortable . Two double beds would not recommend more than two adults in a room . For the price and the fact that you can walk too the Schotenstien Center
it is worth it . Front desk help was very nice. Basic hotel room nothing fancy. But we were not planing on spending much time in it.

• Stayed February 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let my staff and I know how your stay was. I’m glad to hear we could meet your needs well you in the area. We hope to see you next time you are in the Columbus Area.
Steph
Lititz, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I come to town every year for the Easyrider bike show at the Convention Center and chose this hotel based upon its location and the seemingly good reviews it received on this site. I am currently in the middle of my stay right now with one more night to go. I will tell you without a doubt to avoid room 135 at the extreme end of the building on the lower floor. This room is right next to their boiler room. If you want a sleepless night of listening to a jet engine running on the other side of your bedroom wall, let them put you in this room. In addition, I came back to my room late last night to find a school bus eating up six parking spaces right outside my room and the pleasure of listening to it idle for a hour at 6am. Why in the world the staff would allow a bus to be parked in such close proximity to the rooms is a mystery to me. Apparently guest satisfaction is not a priority. I won't mention e $1.50/day in-room safe charge they sneak onto your bill or the condition of the room itself. These other issues are enough. And yes, I did bring these issues to the attention of the front desk staff. I was told I could not be moved to another room because they were all "not clean". What????

The only reason I gave the place a two rating is because it offers an AMA discount and the location and price are excellent despite the issues I described above.

Room Tip: Avoid room 135 right next to boiler room if you want to sleep!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I want to Thank You for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. I want to apologize for your experience not meeting you expectations. I really appreciate you brining this issue to my attention; I was unaware that you could hear this in your room. Because of your review we were able to recognize a problem with our sprinkler pump that we didn’t know exist as no one prior had commented on it. This issue is being fixed so that future guest will not have this experience. I also wanted to apologize for not having enough options available for you to move rooms when it was convent for you. Customer service and guest satisfaction is extremely important to my staff and myself. I would love it if you could email me at i0121@redroof.com so that I can get your last name to go and reverse the safe fee charge for you. We do have the safes in the rooms for the convenience of the guest and have no problem not charging you if you did not use the safe. Again thank you for your comments and helping me to improve my location and staff. I hope that you can give us another shot in the future so we can exceed your expectations!
Thanks,
Stephanie Jones

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!