“Great location and very informative desk!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH 43202   |
Ranked #30 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great location and very informative desk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn because I was here for the Maroon 5 concert. The location is in walking distance to the venue and extremely easy to get too. Not to mention the multiply place in walking distance to eat and have a few drink before or after the show. The desk was very informative gave us great direction so that we were able to walk safely. They also handed us a cab card on the way out the door just in case the walk there was too much after the show so we could get back to our room. The room was basic but extremely clean and the checkout person in the morning was extremely pleasant even with us running a little bit late. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I want to Thank You for taking the time out to let me know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad to hear that the staff was helpful and that we could provide you a clean room. I hope to see you the next time you are the area.
Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean the room was comfortable . Two double beds would not recommend more than two adults in a room . For the price and the fact that you can walk too the Schotenstien Center
it is worth it . Front desk help was very nice. Basic hotel room nothing fancy. But we were not planing on spending much time in it.

• Stayed February 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let my staff and I know how your stay was. I’m glad to hear we could meet your needs well you in the area. We hope to see you next time you are in the Columbus Area.
Lititz, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I come to town every year for the Easyrider bike show at the Convention Center and chose this hotel based upon its location and the seemingly good reviews it received on this site. I am currently in the middle of my stay right now with one more night to go. I will tell you without a doubt to avoid room 135 at the extreme end of the building on the lower floor. This room is right next to their boiler room. If you want a sleepless night of listening to a jet engine running on the other side of your bedroom wall, let them put you in this room. In addition, I came back to my room late last night to find a school bus eating up six parking spaces right outside my room and the pleasure of listening to it idle for a hour at 6am. Why in the world the staff would allow a bus to be parked in such close proximity to the rooms is a mystery to me. Apparently guest satisfaction is not a priority. I won't mention e $1.50/day in-room safe charge they sneak onto your bill or the condition of the room itself. These other issues are enough. And yes, I did bring these issues to the attention of the front desk staff. I was told I could not be moved to another room because they were all "not clean". What????

The only reason I gave the place a two rating is because it offers an AMA discount and the location and price are excellent despite the issues I described above.

Room Tip: Avoid room 135 right next to boiler room if you want to sleep!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I want to Thank You for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. I want to apologize for your experience not meeting you expectations. I really appreciate you brining this issue to my attention; I was unaware that you could hear this in your room. Because of your review we were able to recognize a problem with our sprinkler pump that we didn’t know exist as no one prior had commented on it. This issue is being fixed so that future guest will not have this experience. I also wanted to apologize for not having enough options available for you to move rooms when it was convent for you. Customer service and guest satisfaction is extremely important to my staff and myself. I would love it if you could email me at i0121@redroof.com so that I can get your last name to go and reverse the safe fee charge for you. We do have the safes in the rooms for the convenience of the guest and have no problem not charging you if you did not use the safe. Again thank you for your comments and helping me to improve my location and staff. I hope that you can give us another shot in the future so we can exceed your expectations!
Thanks,
Stephanie Jones
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Room was nice, good TV set. Just do not expect to use much their wifi, the signal was very weak.
Good side is the location, just a few meters away from good eating places and a supermarket.
Easy parking (at least was this time since there were not many guests).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU campus. I want to apologize for the WIFI not working correctly for you. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully we will see you on your next visit to the area.
Ann Arbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I wanted to take a moment and just say that the Front Desk Rocks!!! I checked in on Thursday the 17th, when I walked in the lobby was full to the max. I was here for a conference and we all flooded over to the hotel after we finished. The 2 girls on the desk, I believe was Kaytlin and Steph really did an amazing job. They gracefully checked in every guest being pleasant and getting the job done. They balanced the phones and any request that was asked of them. They are a true asset to your company.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m pleased that we still met you expectations even with being so busy. I will make sure to let Kaytlin know that she did a great job, she is an asset to my team.
Bridgeport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in town for a event in the area and this was a great price and in the right location. The staff was welcoming from the moment I entered the lobby. I went to my room and was pleasantly surpirsed for the price I paid I was a little leary. The room was cleaned and smelled fresh. After departing, I was in the car and I realized that I had left behind some items in the room. I called the hotel who was very pleasant and exteremly understanding. I left a number to be reached back at and they called me back to let me know the housekeeper did find the item and returned it to the desk. I was extermely relieved and thankful for the honesty of the staff. My information was taken down on where I wanted it to be shipped to and my items were mailed back to me. I appericate all the help and the honesty of the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I’m glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Most of my staff members have been here for a long time and are very honest. I’m very pleased we were able to return your items to you.
Stephanie Jones
North Akron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn OSU last weekend. We were attending the Beerfest downtown...the hotel was extremely clean and we even had a nice flat screen TV. When we came back to the hotel at night, I realized that I had lost my cell phone in the cab. Caitlin was working and remembered what cab company dropped us off and she called them for me and my cell phone was returned. I am so gracious to her and really appreciate the extra help she provided. It's rare to find people out there who actually care about customers to that extent. Thanks again Caitlin!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at Red Roof Inn Columbus OSU was. Caitlin is an asset to my team and I appreciate you letting me know that she’s doing such a great job. Hope to see you next time you’re in the area.
Thanks,
Stephanie

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!