“Pleasant Stay Surprisingly” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH 43202   |
Ranked #26 of 141 hotels in Columbus
“Pleasant Stay Surprisingly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Back in October we had a horrible experience at a different red roof inn and told ourselves we would never stay at another red roof. Well here we are! We just needed a place to lay our head after a long drive. Check in was easy, quick , and staff was friendly! Awesome rate which is what we wanted! Room was surprisingly clean! Smelled fresh also! A little dated but not horribly dated. Still tube TVs....The Bed was so so. Pillows are a bit cheap I'd say . My nights sleep was quiet. The heat/ ac ran like a champ! All around the hotel served its purpose. I felt safe and enjoyed the area and local food choices! I would be back if needed! Rate was on point!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I want to Thank You for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a positive experience at the Red Roof Inn OSU location. I wanted to let you know that all our rooms now have flat screen TV’s in them. I’m working on replacing out all the pillows as well. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you your next visit to the area.

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The hotel was great, it was in a great location right near the OSU hospital. The reason for being in the area was the best but the Staff was very friendly and welcoming. They were very understanding due to the situation of my son being in the hospital. The rooms was very clean and the housekeeping staff took great care of us. Food place close by, as well as some shopping. This is are hotel when we come up to go to the hospital.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I want to Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we are doing at the Red Roof Inn-OSU. I’m sorry to hear about your son and I hope he is doing well. We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in the area, hopefully it will be for something fun and not just the hospital.
Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed numerous times at this property during OSU football season and it is my favorite hotel near campus. Each time everyone has been pleasant and very helpful. Recently, I had to make some changes to my reservation and Caitlin was more than helpful, pleasant, and informational. She put my planning worries to ease! She is just one more reason I will keep making Red Roof Inn-OSU my number one choice. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at Red Roof Inn OSU. Caitlin is an asset to my team and to the company. I will let her know that she helped you out well you were here. Thank you again for the feedback and hopefully we will see you next time you are in the area.

Steph
Round Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had a client of mine staying at this hotel and everytime I spoke to Pam, she was very helpful and kind. It is a pleasure to have someone like Pam working for you!!!! She would always go up and above when I needed her help. In this industry, it is always a pleasure to work with someone who cares about what they are doing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing at the Red Roof Inn OSU. Pam is a very big asset to my team and to the company. I will pass along your positive comments to here. Thank you again, we look forward to helping you with future stays.
Xenia, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was staying here for a business training and stayed on October 28,2012 in room 214.The location of the hotel to where I needed to be was wonderful and the surrounding area was great as well. My only concern was in regards to the room I stayed in. The room itself looked clean and kept up but on the sides of the mattresses there were large stains that looked like dried blood or something red so that wasnt very appealing to sleep on even though there were covers on it. Also on the wall by the mirror there was something that looked like blood or juice that looked as if it was thrown there. The attendants were very welcoming and their service was awesome. Im not one to complain actually just the opposite but I believe that the mattresses should be dealt with especially with the bed bug concerns.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
I want to thank you taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbus OSU. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced due the cleanliness of the room. I have written down the concerns and appreciate you giving the room number so that I can have my maintenance person take care of the issues. I will also make sure to bring this up with my Housekeeping staff to make sure they are more attentive to details in the room. That is not a normal practice with my staff and I do hope you give us a second chance next time you are in the area so we can leave with you a better impression. Thank you again for your time your feedback is important to me and my staff so that I can make improvements on my property.
Thanks Again,
Steph
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

we always stay at the red roof on olentangy rd for ohio state games. very near stadium. mike is our go to guy when we are there. he looks out for anyone who stays there! he will also assist you if you want to use the parking lot for parking even if you're not staying there. ask for mike rutherford, he's a real asset to red roof!

Room Tip: always ask for rooms in advance, we ask for business kings.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time for letting me know how great your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU location. Mike is a very big asset to my property and to the company. I will make sure I let him know that his efforts are appreciated. Thanks for your time and we hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Thanks,
Cadiz, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The accommidations are great at this location. We are season ticket holders and stay at the Red Roof every home game we attend. Mike Rutherford is especially the best employee that we have had the opportunity to build a freindship with and the maintenance is great. One example we were staying and my phone had fallen into a gutter type space on the second floor it was very late at night and the staff at the front desk had helped me as much s possible but first thing in the morning Mike had brought my phone to me. Never have we had so much personal attention from any of the other hotels we had stayed at in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let me know how your stay with us was. I’m very lucky to have such a great Maintenance person. I will make sure to let him know how much you appreciated him helping you out. We look forward to seeing you next game, Go Bucks!!!!

Stephanie

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!