“Business Trip” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Xenia, Ohio, United States
“Business Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was staying here for a business training and stayed on October 28,2012 in room 214.The location of the hotel to where I needed to be was wonderful and the surrounding area was great as well. My only concern was in regards to the room I stayed in. The room itself looked clean and kept up but on the sides of the mattresses there were large stains that looked like dried blood or something red so that wasnt very appealing to sleep on even though there were covers on it. Also on the wall by the mirror there was something that looked like blood or juice that looked as if it was thrown there. The attendants were very welcoming and their service was awesome. Im not one to complain actually just the opposite but I believe that the mattresses should be dealt with especially with the bed bug concerns.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
I want to thank you taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbus OSU. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced due the cleanliness of the room. I have written down the concerns and appreciate you giving the room number so that I can have my maintenance person take care of the issues. I will also make sure to bring this up with my Housekeeping staff to make sure they are more attentive to details in the room. That is not a normal practice with my staff and I do hope you give us a second chance next time you are in the area so we can leave with you a better impression. Thank you again for your time your feedback is important to me and my staff so that I can make improvements on my property.
Thanks Again,
Steph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

we always stay at the red roof on olentangy rd for ohio state games. very near stadium. mike is our go to guy when we are there. he looks out for anyone who stays there! he will also assist you if you want to use the parking lot for parking even if you're not staying there. ask for mike rutherford, he's a real asset to red roof!

Room Tip: always ask for rooms in advance, we ask for business kings.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time for letting me know how great your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU location. Mike is a very big asset to my property and to the company. I will make sure I let him know that his efforts are appreciated. Thanks for your time and we hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Thanks,
Cadiz, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The accommidations are great at this location. We are season ticket holders and stay at the Red Roof every home game we attend. Mike Rutherford is especially the best employee that we have had the opportunity to build a freindship with and the maintenance is great. One example we were staying and my phone had fallen into a gutter type space on the second floor it was very late at night and the staff at the front desk had helped me as much s possible but first thing in the morning Mike had brought my phone to me. Never have we had so much personal attention from any of the other hotels we had stayed at in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let me know how your stay with us was. I’m very lucky to have such a great Maintenance person. I will make sure to let him know how much you appreciated him helping you out. We look forward to seeing you next game, Go Bucks!!!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

my friends and I were stranded near the stadium and walked to Red Roof Inn we weren't even guests. When we asked Caitlin for help she immediately tried to help us get a taxi to Worthington, even though we weren't Red Roof Inn customers. She went above and beyond and I really hope her manager reads this so they know what an amazing employee they have.

• Stayed October 2012
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to let me know how great Caitlin is. I will make sure to let her know that you were pleased with her. Hopefully we will see you as a customer next time you are in the area.
Saint Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed here three times on business--once about 15 years ago and twice in the past year. I had a minor inconvenience on one trip and management made it right for me. Pam stands out in my memory as very courteous and helpful. On one trip I needed a bit of extra time for checkout and that was granted.

It is economical and close enough to downtown to make it worth the drive to get the savings as compared to the down town hotels.

One thing to be alert to is the Saturday OSU football games. Plan your day or you will spend extra time driving around and getting back to the hotel.

Room Tip: The wi-fi worked on a less than ideal basis in my room (135) but right outside on the picnic table t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. Pam is truly an asset to my team and I appreciate you letting me know how well she did. I just wanted to let you know we have recently updated the WIFI in the last few days, so this should help with your next visit. Hopefully we will see you next visit.
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here on business all the time and have had nothing but good experiences. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Upon check-in, the front deask staff (Pam in particular) took care of me quickly and professionally. I would stay here again and request Pam to personally check me in in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I’m so pleased that Pam did such a great job assisting you when you arrived. I will make sure to let her know that you would personally prefer her to check you in. Thank you for taking the time out to let me and my staff know that we are doing a good job. Can’t wait to see you the next time you are in the area.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Location:

-Great for families & friends visiting OSU
-Next to an Applebee’s, McDonalds, convenience stores and gas stations.
-5 minutes from Lennox Shopping Center (Target, Barnes and Noble, restaurants)
-10-minute drive or $10-13 cab ride to Short North; 15-20 minute drive or $15-$18 cab ride downtown (upon check-in, ask for the card of the taxi service the hotel recommends)

Rooms:

- Clean, comfortable rooms, but very basic accommodations.
- Motel-style, with hotel room doors facing the outside
- Room came with 1-cup coffee-maker; other items, like iron and hair dryer available on request only

My take:

When in Columbus, I prefer to stay at hotels located on East Nationwide in the Arena District, right between Downtown and the Short North. However, as it was OSU’s Move-In weekend, most hotels near the action were booked, so I landed here. I don’t regret it, but I missed being able to walk to nice bars and restaurants. However, this hotel isn’t that far away from all of that, and if you are there to see an OSU student, it’s probably perfect for you.

Room Tip: Ask for something near the stairs or elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I'm pleased to read that you had a good at the OSU Red Roof Inn. I want to let you know that we are currently working on getting hair dryers and ironing boards in our rooms to enhance the amenities here. Hopefully we will see you next time you are in the area.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!