“Caitlin is awesome” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH 43202   |
Ranked #26 of 140 hotels in Columbus
“Caitlin is awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

my friends and I were stranded near the stadium and walked to Red Roof Inn we weren't even guests. When we asked Caitlin for help she immediately tried to help us get a taxi to Worthington, even though we weren't Red Roof Inn customers. She went above and beyond and I really hope her manager reads this so they know what an amazing employee they have.

• Stayed October 2012
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to let me know how great Caitlin is. I will make sure to let her know that you were pleased with her. Hopefully we will see you as a customer next time you are in the area.

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Saint Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed here three times on business--once about 15 years ago and twice in the past year. I had a minor inconvenience on one trip and management made it right for me. Pam stands out in my memory as very courteous and helpful. On one trip I needed a bit of extra time for checkout and that was granted.

It is economical and close enough to downtown to make it worth the drive to get the savings as compared to the down town hotels.

One thing to be alert to is the Saturday OSU football games. Plan your day or you will spend extra time driving around and getting back to the hotel.

Room Tip: The wi-fi worked on a less than ideal basis in my room (135) but right outside on the picnic table t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. Pam is truly an asset to my team and I appreciate you letting me know how well she did. I just wanted to let you know we have recently updated the WIFI in the last few days, so this should help with your next visit. Hopefully we will see you next visit.
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here on business all the time and have had nothing but good experiences. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Upon check-in, the front deask staff (Pam in particular) took care of me quickly and professionally. I would stay here again and request Pam to personally check me in in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I’m so pleased that Pam did such a great job assisting you when you arrived. I will make sure to let her know that you would personally prefer her to check you in. Thank you for taking the time out to let me and my staff know that we are doing a good job. Can’t wait to see you the next time you are in the area.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Location:

-Great for families & friends visiting OSU
-Next to an Applebee’s, McDonalds, convenience stores and gas stations.
-5 minutes from Lennox Shopping Center (Target, Barnes and Noble, restaurants)
-10-minute drive or $10-13 cab ride to Short North; 15-20 minute drive or $15-$18 cab ride downtown (upon check-in, ask for the card of the taxi service the hotel recommends)

Rooms:

- Clean, comfortable rooms, but very basic accommodations.
- Motel-style, with hotel room doors facing the outside
- Room came with 1-cup coffee-maker; other items, like iron and hair dryer available on request only

My take:

When in Columbus, I prefer to stay at hotels located on East Nationwide in the Arena District, right between Downtown and the Short North. However, as it was OSU’s Move-In weekend, most hotels near the action were booked, so I landed here. I don’t regret it, but I missed being able to walk to nice bars and restaurants. However, this hotel isn’t that far away from all of that, and if you are there to see an OSU student, it’s probably perfect for you.

Room Tip: Ask for something near the stairs or elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I'm pleased to read that you had a good at the OSU Red Roof Inn. I want to let you know that we are currently working on getting hair dryers and ironing boards in our rooms to enhance the amenities here. Hopefully we will see you next time you are in the area.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed here on business July 23-26 2012. The hotel was ran by a nice lady who worked quickly to get me situated even though I came before check-in time. The rooms were pretty clean and always well stocked with the essentials. Very cheap, great value. You're right next to OSU. You can walk to a couple good bars and restaurants from the hotel. (and I don't mean the Applebee's and McDonald's. :) ) Despite its motel design with outdoor facing rooms, I was never bothered by noise. Great A/C. Could use more TV channels.

Room Tip: My room was south facing and quiet. The north side faces a drive-thru, so it might not be.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I’m very pleased that we were able to accommodate you, with an early check in. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I want to personally thank the staff at Red Roof Inn(OSU), courteous, efficient, and very friendly & helpful...one particular desk clerk, first name Pam was a sweetheart, she gave us personal attention and made our stay one of the best we have had...look forward to going back, and especially seeing Pam again!!! Thank you!!! A Proud Buckeye

Room Tip: loved the King supreme!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let my staff and myself know how we are doing. I will be letting Pam know that she really made a difference in your stay at the OSU Red Roof Inn. We look forward to seeing your next visit to the area.
Stephanie Jones
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We called around and chose this hotel because it was close to the university and had a reasonable price. The staff was helpful and so nice. Our room was spacious, big enough to accommodate four people. The beds were comfy as were the sheets. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay at the OSU Red Roof Inn. It makes me very pleased to know that my staff was helpful to you well you were staying at the location. We hope you stop back if you are ever in the area again.
Steph

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University? Share your experiences!