“Not bad for a weekend away” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   441 Ackerman Road, Columbus, OH 43202   |
Ranked #18 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not bad for a weekend away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I came here for a relaxing weekend where I was going to go see the Columbus Blue Jackets play hockey. I made my reservation online and was very impressed by the price given the location. Then when I came I was impressed by the location and the room! From my room I was a straight shot to three different restaurants, two bars and even a bowling alley, which made my Saturday night entertainment a cinch! I was a couple of steps away from a bus stop which took me downtown for the game. And the cleanliness of the place made things easy for me to love this hotel! Cleanliness, security and comfort are three things that I look for in a hotel, and because of all three I can guarantee my return! The only real issue I had was my alarm clock, but one phone call to the front desk gave me what I needed to fix the issue! In short, I was impressed to the gills by this hotel and like I mentioned I will be returning real soon! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Woodsfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband and I stay here frequently. Great service and managment! Our daughter attends OSU and we get discounted rates. This facility is ideally located to interstate and restaurants along with Kroger grocery store. The staff is so accommodating to all of one's needs. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: Room 111 and 113
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Keflavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I made my reservation on kayak.com - and the most important factor for choosing this hotel was price (this Red Roof was the least expensive in the area). The location *is*, indeed, amazing (walking distance to OSU, and there is a Kroger grocery store and some fast-food restaurants nearby).
The girl at the reception desk was very pleasant and efficient.
The room exceeded my expectations - it was incredibly clean! not a speck of lint on the carpet! Sinks and shower were sparkling as well. Water in the shower drains well.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Great hotel for the price. It is not the nicest hotel in the world, but you get what you pay for. It was a better stay than i thought it would be and the staff was very friendly. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Staff helpful and friendly. Great location for what we needed. Easy highway access. Walking distance of restaurants, Kroger, etc. Sufficient parking and free. Hair dryers would be nice. There is an elevator. Some rooms have microwave and fridge. We had 2 rooms on the second floor. Both tub drains were quite slow but the shower is nice and is great for tall people. I check for bedbugs in all hotels I stay in. None found but did notice that one of the beds had a large stain on the mattress. One room had new pillowtop mattresses [the one with the stain], and the other room had older mattresses. Plenty of lighting in the room. TV cable channel choices are limited. Definately worth the rate; found on Priceline. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Shaker Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Went to OSU for an early admission meeting with my son. Got a great deal at this hotel. Got to the room and found used wet towels in the bathroom and housekeeping just pulled up the comforter and never changed the sheets.
The clerk was helpful but since it was late we had just one available room so we shared a Queen Bed.
Clerk then wrote up our complaint and did not charge us.

Room Tip: Got a good rate at Red Roof direct on the net, but there is also a OSU family rate that is less
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hastings. Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Living in Pennsylvania and working construction in Ohio for the past 17 years, I normally stay in
hotel rooms 3 nights a week for 8 to 9 months of the year. I found the Red Roof Inn at Ohio State
Columbus to be an excellent choice--the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The location is very convient if working at or visiting Ohio State. Additionally, the front desk clerks , especially Amy,
are amoung the best--knowledgeable in their job and people friendly I have encountered in my 17 years as a "road warrior". I highly reccommend this particular location--Dan Jones

Room Tip: I personally love the business kings--workers stay 2 to a room--smoking
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business