“Great price and free shuttle and wifi!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Columbus Airport Marriott

You added Columbus Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Columbus Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1375 North Cassady Avenue, Columbus, OH 43219 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #37 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great price and free shuttle and wifi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was only here for one night but this Marriott was great! Free shuttle from airport to hotel and back. Very friendly staff, from the shuttle driver to our breakfast waitress who we chatted with for a while. Surprisingly good food in the restaurant (pulled pork was amazing!). Really nice gym and pool. Big bright lobby good for meeting and getting work done. Free wifi. Big huge room and bathrooms. Super quiet for sleeping. Perfect!

Room Tip: Room 300 was awesome. All the way on the end and extra big.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with others regarding your stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week and the age is really showing. Although the age, staying at the hotel is doable except when you have breakfast. The cost of the breakfast was included in the daily rate but the staff at the breakfast have radical attitude that you have to pay them a tip, even when they are rude, unhelpful and grumpy.
Due to breakfast staff and their attitudes, the company I work for has decided to change the preferred Columbus hotel.
Furthermore, I had move room due to noisy ac unit...the excuse form the front desk was that everybody complains about this problem in certain rooms.
Very disappointing!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We will be sure to share your comments with all team members so that we can improve on our service levels.
Washington, DC
2,361 helpful votes 2,361 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having stayed in so many new hotels lately, it seemed kinda strange to pull up to one of Marriott's older properties. But, I was pleasantly surprised at how well maintained the property is, especially the rooms. The rooms are huge, which is typical in Marriott's older hotels, and everything was spotless, with few signs of age or wear and tear. For one of the few times that I can remember, the extra feather pillows that are on my profile were even in my room.

In addition, I really enjoyed being checked in by Elijah, a trainee, who went the extra mile to get everything right and make me feel welcome. Great job, Elijah! When you're on the road as much as I am, it's refreshing to happen upon a young trainee who tries to make a difference and a good first impression. I'll be back thanks to you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent positive review of our property and for your recognition of Elijah at the Front Desk. He does an excellent job for our team and we are excited for his potential with our Hotel.

I'm glad you received your extra pillows as requested on your profile as we can certainly understand that delivering on your expectations is critical for an excellent stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Everything went well as expected at a Marriott full service hotel. The front desk personnel we encountered were very pleasant and accommodating. I must mention Patrick and Andrew who really went out their way to ensure we received a good room with a nice view of the airport and was very friendly at checkout as well. We were upgraded to a nice corner room but unfortunately, it was not clean when we opened the door and towels were on the floor. We immediately made the trip back to the front desk and was given another nice room (and a sincere apology) but not a corner room. The hotel was nice but I didn't like the layout of getting to the elevators which seemed to take us half way around the hotel to get to the elevators. That was not fun. We didn't use the fitness center this time or the pool but both looked fine. The lobby was very nice and inviting. Our room was nice and very clean and decorated nicely. The executive lounge was nice and Scott was very approachable and helpful. The breakfast food was basic but met the need and everything was clean. We used points for a free night so no comment on price. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I wanted to write and personally thank you for your positive review of our property. I was very happy to see Patrick, Andrew and Scott mentioned as they are excellent representations of our team.

I did want to apologize for the fact that your original room was not ready to be rented when you checked in. Please know that we have diagnosed how this situation occurred and put preventive measures in place to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you again for your positive review and we look forward to hosting you on your future stays.

Coldwater, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

For the price of the rooms, I feel that they should come w/a refrigerator & microwave. Also, we were there for 4 nights and had made some very minimal requests. We wanted 2 joining rooms and a 3rd room that was either next door or across the hall. None of that happened. Also, we requested 2 queen beds and were given a king bed. The reservations were made far in advance, so it should not have been a problem.

Room Tip: Be firm with requests, and double check to make sure you get what you want.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback as it allows us to ensure any items that do not meet our guests expectations are addressed immediately.

I can understand your frustration with expecting a fridge and microwave in the room and finding this is not built in to our guestrooms. As a Full Service Marriott, our guestrooms are not equipped with Fridges or Microwaves, but we do keep a number of refrigerators on hand that can be delivered to your room at anytime during your stay. We do also keep a microwave at the Front Desk and Restaurant for guest use. If you would prefer not to leave your room to utilize the microwaves; any one of our Staff members would be happy to assist in taking care of whatever needs to be heated and will deliver the item directly to your room.

In regards to your room assignment, I would love to get a little more information regarding how your reservation was made so we can find out where the breakdown occurred. Based on your request which was made in advance, it appears that this is something that should not have presented any problem whatsoever. I do apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way, and you can contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com so I can ensure this is not an issue for you in the future.

Littleton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our company used the hotel for business meetings and accommodations and we were very pleased. The staff was helpful, checked on our needs throughout our conference, and the rooms were great. We have business in the area and this will be our choice of hotel in the future

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our Staff and Hotel. We really appreciate the positive feedback as that is how we are measured as a Hotel. I'm glad that we will have the opportunity to host you for future meetings. If there is any way I can be of service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were guests at the Airport Marriott in Columbus, OH this past weekend due to our family reunion; therefore, we occupied the majority of the 1st floor including a hospitality suite. I must mention that I am quite disappointed with this hotel because I expected far better quality of service from the Marriott Hotels. Before disclosing my disappointment, please know that the hotel staff, (that we encountered), were professional, nice, and sincere. These attributes are the only reason that I am rating this hotel a 3; otherwise, I would give rate it a 1.

Here's my review:

(1) The room was comfortable and clean; however, we reserved a double bed in April, but was told this was "not granted" because "we don't have any." Mind you, we have 3 children including an infant and after driving 8 hours to Columbus, learning that our hotel reservations were not honored, upset us. The hotel staff offered no apology, but wanted to give us what we needed such as extra linens.

*Many of our family members had to wait a few hours for rooms because they were not ready. The front desk staff reported "we are over booked" as the rationale. This is an airport hotel who should be used to accommodating large parties!

(2) We asked for a "crib" for the room and received an old pack 'n play instead which was too big for the room & we were not placing our infant within this dated "crib." This meant that our infant needed to sleep with us in one king sized bed. Not to mention, the maintenance staff could not figure out how to assemble a pack 'n play!

(3) We searched the room for a breakfast menu because we wanted to order breakfast in the room the next morning. No menu could be found; therefore, I called the operator (bless her heart) and she read the menu to me over the telephone. We received our food which was terrible plus the order was incorrect. Furthermore, we ordered sausage links, took a bite, and it was drowning in grease (yuk)! Literally, you could turn the link over & grease just ran out of it onto paper (tasted like old Crisco). This cost the hotel money because I asked for my money back for the sausage which was granted. The waffles and pancakes were dry and terrible. I received a full refund back for my money for breakfast. Maybe we had bad Chefs this past weekend, but we did not eat at the Marriott again.

(4) We left our hotel room at noon, returned at 4pm, left again at 5pm, and returned at 10pm to discover that our room had not been cleaned. That was the "straw that broke the camel's back" for us and I called the management who personally came up to our room. The linens were on the floor, food from the morning was still within the room including coffee, and we had no clean towels, linens, toiletries, or the feeling of cleanliness upon entering the room. The management personally came to the room to speak with us and promised that we would receive linens promptly. This was another failed promise from the Marriott because although we did receive new linens, we had to ask the cleaning staff for them ourselves since we did not receive quick service. Not only did the cleaning service not clean our room, they did not clean our other family members rooms either and they plan to write complaints to the Marriott as well.

We are appreciative and gracious people and thanked the hotel staff that helped us for their hospitality. The esthetics of the hotel were pleasing to the eye such as the decor, but the cleaning staff needs a serious lecture regarding cleanliness. Would we stay at the Airport Marriott Columbus, OH again? NO

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the positive remarks about our staff, but it seems there were many other challenges which contributed to an overall negative stay. For this I apologize because I can completely understand your frustration and please be assured this is not the standard of our Hotel.

If possible, I would like to correspond further so I can ensure this incident is resolved to your satisfaction. Please contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com.

Lucas Laidlaw

Been to Columbus Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!